PS4 controllers won't work on PS5 games

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
What was the point of that back button attachment if they had no future plans for it?

Kinda feel like I wasted money on that thing now.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
It's a new system with a new controller :what:

What was the point of that back button attachment if they had no future plans for it?

:what:

The back button attachment is just so you can use face buttons of your choice without taking your hands off the sticks.

What else do you want them to do with it? :why:

Paddles have always been for this use, what did you think they were for?

homiedontplaydat

Omniversal Guardian
Supporter
Daps
I'd imagine playing PS5 games without the adaptive triggers would kind of kill the experience so it makes sense to me.

I wonder does it work in the other direction. If PS4 games do indeed become backwards compatible can u use the dualsense when playing a PS4 game on PS5?:jbhmm:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's a new system with a new controller :what:

:what:

The back button attachment is just so you can use face buttons of your choice without taking your hands off the sticks.

What else do you want them to do with it? :why:

Paddles have always been for this use, what did you think they were for?
I know what they do breh, I own them.

:comeon:

I'm saying that I'm disappointed that they aren't compatible with the new controllers so it was pointless to release it so late in the game.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I know what they do breh, I own them.

:comeon:

I'm saying that I'm disappointed that they aren't compatible with the new controllers so it was pointless to release it so late in the game.
My b fam I didn't get what you were saying by 'do with them in the future' when their intended function works now.

Either way the form factor isn't even the same on the controllers. Personally, I would never have the expectation that accessories will work cross gen.

I don't remember this ever being a thing before.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
My b fam I didn't get what you were saying by 'do with them in the future' when their intended function works now.

Either way the form factor isn't even the same on the controllers. Personally, I would never have the expectation that accessories will work cross gen.

I don't remember this ever being a thing before.
The bottom of the new controller looks nearly identical to the ds4. I just figured that since they were releasing it so late in the game that they had plans for future compatibility. The psvr is supposed to be compatible with the ps5 so I thought this might be too.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
should your Oold House key work on your new House ?:jbhmm:

Technology moves differently, we all know this. I have a mechanical keyboard for daily use and a gaming mouse for daily use. When I moved these devices over from my desktop to my laptop, they worked as expected. Why can't gaming controllers function in the same manner? Especially if they are from the same company for the same general purpose. If other legacy devices can come from different generations, there really isn't a reason outside of money to do this. This is for peripheral sales and profit. I get it, I'm not mad at that but it is disingenuous to say anything other than that. Sony is a business in the mold of making money. However, the overall layout of the controller is largely unchanged from the 90's. Given tepid support of things like sixaxis in the past (between 2010 - 2013, only 16 games implemented sixaxis controls, 108 overall) for most games on the PS3 for example, it is pretty safe to say that the functionality of a DS4 would suffice on most of the games on the PS5. Like I said, I will be getting the Dualsense controller because I like new shiny tech shyt but let's not dance around this fact that most games would be playable with a controller from yesteryear and with that, the option should be with the gamer, not the company. Options like that should always be with the gamer with the exception of narrow, explicit cases.

King

The black man is always targeted.
Daps
:flabbynsick:Box fanboys tryna start some beef within the elite Playstation community?
:umad:

oFITCxp.png

Cold lmao

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

The back button was for the DS4 controller which you bought it for. At no point did say Sony say this device will also work with the DualSense.