proof hip hop is dead now

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Project pat can rap. Sexxy red can't. Nothing to do with subject matter. We're talking about actual skill

Loko, gangsta boo, and Mia x talk about the same shyt as sexxy red but they can actually rap

Having flow, having lyrics that don't make you cringe, being about to put albums together, hold their own in posse cuts, etc.

Problem is a lotta folks listen to rap but have no ear to discern who is actually good :mjlol:

So they get in their feelings when people who can call it for what it is

Lack of quality control and the "stop hating, they making money" mentality is why QUALITY music can never blow up again. If you can't keep one another accountable on dropping better quality music thanks to zero gatekeepers left, how can anything get better?

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Lack of quality control and the "stop hating, they making money" mentality is why QUALITY music can never blow up again. If you can't keep one another accountable on dropping better quality music thanks to zero gatekeepers left, how can anything get better?
Exactly. Rappers don't wanna improve either. All the greats were criticized for one thing or the other. Difference is they listened and took some of it as constructive. Ended up evolving

Look at outkast. Prime example of being good but becoming great because of the naysayers. Imagine if the 95 source awards didn't light a fire under them. We'd have southernplayalistic 2 instead of atliens

Nowadays it's too many yes men. Fans hold a lot of these rappers back. Either too much dikk riding no matter what or they're vehemently against any change :francis:

Mass

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
There is a legit reason why in 2023, for the first time in 30 (!!!) years, that Rap is not the #1 for the youth anymore. Putting out trash for over 20 consecutive years, even your hardest of the hardcore fanbase will 2nd guess their purchases from new artists.

2024 is when you REALLY gonna see the rapid decline. Once Rap loses the youth's attention and interests for other genres like Afrobeats, it's only a short matter of time before the record labels gonna pull the plug on their rap subdivisions.
I hope so.
It's a beautiful history record but as always a stark reminder of the effects of capitalism, racism, and oppression.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Exactly. Rappers don't wanna improve either. All the greats were criticized for one thing or the other. Difference is they listened and took some of it as constructive. Ended up evolving

Look at outkast. Prime example of being good but becoming great because of the naysayers. Imagine if the 95 source awards didn't light a fire under them. We'd have southernplayalistic 2 instead of atliens

Nowadays it's too many yes men. Fans hold a lot of these rappers back. Either too much dikk riding no matter what or they're vehemently against any change :francis:

Yep.

Too many people refuse to INNOVATE and rather CONFORM for quick, safe money. That's why Hip Hop going to die a death similar to Disco on the mainstream level.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Exactly..

They make the type of records that are anti establishment
That’s why I don’t understand why posters on here act like there was a time where anti establishment music was pushed to us. Now gangsta rap was anti establishment but I think it only turned mainstream the way it did was becuz of Snoop whose star power couldn’t be denied. Once labels saw it could be marketed it was a wrap

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
you can speak for yourself that's fine. what we not gonna do is act like posters don't be all up in the sexyy redd threads talking shyt then turn around and go bump project pat or some shyt. you can keep your head in the sand if you want but spare me

and i already know who said the line. like i said, even your favs have some "rachet" shyt as you old heads like to call it... either sitting around or even on wax lol

and you fail to see the juelz you just pulled.... hilarious. you makes these guys that bragged about sex and money your heros then turn around and shyt on females for bragging on their p*ssy 🙃 blame yourselves
First, I've never voluntarily listened to a Project Pat song in my life, on everything.

My favorites might talk some ignorant shyt here and there, but there's BALANCE. A Sexy (NOT) Redd type can ONLY talk about her p*ssy because she has no skill or original thoughts. I didn't Juelz shyt.

Don't bring that argument around them deflect when called out on it.

You didn't even bother Juelzing around my point about women not supporting women who are worth a shyt, you just pivoted🙃blame yourselves

Daps
First, I've never voluntarily listened to a Project Pat song in my life, on everything.

My favorites might talk some ignorant shyt here and there, but there's BALANCE. A Sexy (NOT) Redd type can ONLY talk about her p*ssy because she has no skill or original thoughts. I didn't Juelz shyt.

Don't bring that argument around them deflect when called out on it.

You didn't even bother Juelzing around my point about women not supporting women who are worth a shyt, you just pivoted🙃blame yourselves

i wasn't saying you did. i clear said "posters". damn yall love to put words in folk mouth so this is where i'll let you get the last word.
do you know what raekwons most popular song is vs. what cardi b's most popular song? :mjlol:

spare me the hypocrisy about balance, you don't even seem to know these women's full discography to be speaking on them 🙃 blame yourself

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Yep.

Too many people refuse to INNOVATE and rather CONFORM for quick, safe money. That's why Hip Hop going to die a death similar to Disco on the mainstream level.
Hip hop been around way longer than disco was so that’s a bad comparison. Hip hop always had mad clones

I mean at some point even Redman had clones
:russ:

But of course there’s more people rapping and it easier to get on then ever before so of course there’s more clones

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Hip hop been around way longer than disco was so that’s a bad comparison. Hip hop always had mad clones

I mean at some point even Redman had clones
:russ:

But of course there’s more people rapping and it easier to get on then ever before so of course there’s more clones

In terms of stagnation, the genre production stopped evolving since 2015/2016. Even Drill music stopped evolving after Pop Smoke died. Stagnation always leads to death, like Rock n Roll.

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
i wasn't saying you did. i clear said "posters". damn yall love to put words in folk mouth so this is where i'll let you get the last word.
do you know what raekwons most popular song is vs. what cardi b's most popular song? :mjlol:

spare me the hypocrisy about balance, you don't even seem to know these women's full discography to be speaking on them 🙃 blame yourself
Raekwon The Chef - Drugs, crime, sex, 5% knowledge, Black stuggle/racism, relationships, love, fashion, storytelling (And he actually writes his bars :sas2: )

Cardi B - her p*ssy, Blooding, ???

An alleged Black woman defending or championing a Dominican who called Black women "roaches" is a whole other thread's worth of buffoonery:snoop:

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
In terms of stagnation, the genre production stopped evolving since 2015/2016. Even Drill music stopped evolving after Pop Smoke died. Stagnation always leads to death, like Rock n Roll.
I agree. But I don’t think there’s much more new shyt that can be done with hip hop. Everything has been done to the point that when Griselda first hit the scene they were viewed as refreshing by their niche audience but they ain’t doing nothing we haven’t heard before

Daps
Raekwon The Chef - Drugs, crime, sex, 5% knowledge, Black stuggle/racism, relationships, love, fashion, storytelling (And he actually writes his bars :sas2: )

Cardi B - her p*ssy, Blooding, ???

An alleged Black woman defending or championing a Dominican who called Black women "roaches" is a whole other thread's worth of buffoonery:snoop:

if you don't know.... then stfu :manny:

and spare me the fake ass militant pivots :umad: