proof hip hop is dead now

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sure, i'm sure i'll se you in the booth for some new releases throughout the year. you aint foolin no-one. these are just bored topics. i get it
honestly, hip hop is no more dead than when i made my poll thread to check in on my coli poster cohort, but that ice spice song did make me embarrassed for how things have gotten

and no i don't believe she is flipping some j cole lyric from when 15 years ago

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
It tried to climb out of a rut, but Chief Keef came out in late 2012 and Future blew up in 2015, which deaded all the quality music on the mainstream level.
Like the quality of the production is better now than it was then, its just the state/psyche of the music that is terrible on a mainstream, and you cannot blame the musicians solely for that. It's a societal thing. Just like how most musicians nowadays are terrible onstage performers when they debut.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
False

GDfg8VwWgAAvqZk

i'm actually happy for this.

I just hope we get some creativity this up coming years and some up tempto mainstream shyt.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I can see trap music taking a MAJOR backseat in the globalized market to Afrobeats and Latin music.

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It tried to climb out of a rut, but Chief Keef came out in late 2012 and Future blew up in 2015, which deaded all the quality music on the mainstream level.
Bullshyt
Cole, Drake, Big Sean, K. Dot and even Future made quality music during that era

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
It’s funny cause there will be some random rapper that’ll be number one and have people making threads saying WHO?! :dahell:

Like that NF dude.

You can post all these great rap songs. Those post help others discover them too, but I only remember hearing that one song that blew up from the NF dude, it was all over pop radio. I work with various white people and we have to ride in cars together. That’s how I hear certain more current white people pop music that I ain’t seeking out. There’s always been a mainstream and an Underground in hiphop so that is what it is, a lot of the songs from the various artists being posted here will not get play on the radio. I mean do they even have a place to get videos played other than just posting them on YouTube or something? Even in this “seek and ye shall find” era in music, there’s still only a handful of artists that seem to be picked who actually make noise out here. I be hearing songs pop up thinking it’s some new heat but they came out 5 years ago or something smh. If my era was like that when I came up I don’t know who would all be the stars.