proof hip hop is dead now

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Young people are the ones that direct rap and the young people like the sameness of whats popular in rap. They don't care about lyrics, just vibes.

vino

Superstar
Daps
Music in general has completely lost its soul and authenticity. The artistry in music is replace with analytics. People make music like they make viral memes or viral tweets. There’s songs that sound good, sure, but there’s zero soul in this music. I’m speaking generally, I know there’s some one off artist around that 5 people like artistry.

Last edited:

AStrangeName

Griffith did nothing wrong
Daps
It was revealed back last year that a lot of the young dudes, despite them listening to Drill and Trap, they prefer other genres of music as their #1. It was a big thread on The Booth.
I think honestly that one of the biggest issue with Hip-Hop currently is a lack of Pop acts, while a lot brehs don't like Ice Spice outside of her looks, she's pretty much a Pop act in the genre and that's something that's been apart of the genre since the 80s. There's a very much needed balance in Hip-Hop and variety in sound/production, sadly, I could see Hip-Hop fans going the Metal fans route and push against on needing a balance. Punk fans had to learn that themselves and even the older Punk fans don't even trip about Pop Punk like they used to, because they realize that it could help the genre on gaining popularity, so long as its good.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
Music in general has completely lost its soul and authenticity. The artistry in music is replace with analytics. People make music like they make viral memes or viral tweets. There’s songs that sound good, sure, but there’s zero soul in this music. I’m speaking generally, I know there’s some one off artist around that 5 people like artistry.

Steve Jobs arrogance, hard headedness and greed killed music..and himself too.

When the Apple music streaming service came out, all the old musicians complained and called it a death knell for quality music.
It would eventually affect the organized but organic nature of traditional music and eventually kill it.

Taking music online and allowing any and every a$$hole with a laptop to produce music and release it right there and then bypasses and circumvents long standing quality control filtering systems. Hence why everything released today is ultimately trash.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
N91PQch.gif

i lied we byke @bourgeoisie tall freak :flabbynsick:

JBwowcrunk.gif