proof hip hop is dead now

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Music in general is dead

:patrice: you might be on to something.

Dead is an exaggeration I think, but it's not what it was. There's so many other avenues of entertainment now that the lane for music is in a strange place. Record companies and DJs could control the narrative, but their power has been considerably lessened by the internet.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m tired of this Narrative there’s lots of good music out it’s just you got to look for it. Streaming has been both a gift and a curse because millions of songs are realeased everyday for different artists which means yes you will get bullshyt but there is still quality out there. Music just isnt big as it was because labels aren’t putting as much money into the talent as they used to help with the quality. I noticed the type of artists you put OP and then you want to put ice spice there’s a lot of trash MCs you could have put from those eras as well.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Released Thursday

I can’t get with the trying hard to sound retro shyt lol. Aint they from the west? Why they wearing bubble coats? I just like the intersection of skill, authenticity & message. So when it comes to “new” artists I like Maxo, pink siifu, navy blue, Deante Hitchcock, Chuck indigo & Kenny mason to name a few

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
Just no fun in it anymore. No balance in the mainstream. Too many clones and dikk riders. I'm trying to figure out when the change became official.
Became to formulaic with culture vultures trying to monetize everything

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
todays old head hip hop fans can literally be summed up by "it's cool when dudes say it, its a problem when chicks say it, f em"

No, that's just pure trash. Along with all the horrible variations Wayne got away with due to his stans pretending it wasn't.

Not everything is mysogyny. These broads they're pushing out here CAN'T RAP and have NO BARS.

Look at the Saba The Godis thread. She's great. Barely any attention, and IIRC all men. Same with Rapsody (though I don't like her). Women don't support good woman rappers, they support ratchet trash, then cry foul when told how garbage it is.

Mindfield333

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NC
H.I.P.H.O.P supposedly stands for Higher Infinite Power Healing Our People.......that's so embarrassingly laughable :mjlol:

Hip-hop/rap music has now been reduced to spiritual and mental poison.

Hiphop is now an artform being used to pipeline as many black folk to the prison system as possible:

Real hiphop is dead and if your counterargument is "bu bu but it's thriving in the underground"....you've proved our point. Once upon a time real hip-hop and positive/conscious hip-hop could be heard in the mainstream.

We as a people need hiphop up here with us receiving sunshine....not deep underground near the earths core with the worms. It can't "HEAL OUR PEOPLE" if it's buried underground.

I personally wouldn't shed a single tear if it died overnight....in fact I would throw a party.

It's killing black people spiritually and mentally.

It's pure poison now.

Hip-hop, encompass, many things, and rapping was just one aspect… It’s a culture. But that being said, you have some points to what you’re saying, and I agree with a lot of it… I feel like they’re pushing one particular type of music. And it’s not being as multifaceted as our community is.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
False

GDfg8VwWgAAvqZk

Yall going to ignore the fact every metric tells yall otherwise.

To play Devil's advocate,

Popularity doesn't automatically mean good

Daps
No, that's just pure trash. Along with all the horrible variations Wayne got away with due to his stans pretending it wasn't.

Not everything is mysogyny. These broads they're pushing out here CAN'T RAP and have NO BARS.

Look at the Saba The Godis thread. She's great. Barely any attention, and IIRC all men. Same with Rapsody (though I don't like her). Women don't support good woman rappers, they support ratchet trash, then cry foul when told how garbage it is.

that wasn't really my point if you follow the conversation i already did laps over. nobody would say wayne would be the reason why hip hop AS A WHOLE GENRE was dead. especially not based off a random post of his. im sure your favorite barred up rapper has some random bullshyt sitting somewhere as well "mr fn thousand dollar lesbians" lol.

like, are yall following the conversation? there's people posting powerpoints and research and talking about their parents and kids and shyt to show how the genre is or isn't dead. then you and other dude in here talking about "no we are just clowning some bars having some fun" on some throw stones and hide ya hand bs :skip:

Last edited:

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
that wasn't really my point if you follow the conversation i already did laps over. nobody would say wayne would be the reason why hip hop AS A WHOLE GENRE was dead. especially not based off a random post of his. im sure your favorite barred up rapper has some random bullshyt sitting somewhere as well "mr fn thousand dollar lesbians" lol.

like, are yall following the conversation? there's people posting powerpoints and research and talking about their parents and kids and shyt to show how the genre is or isn't dead. then you and other dude in here talking about "no we are just clowning some bars having some fun" on some throw stones and hide ya hand bs :skip:
I'm following perfectly, I just don't let women skate when they pull that BS mysogynist angle out. Us "older heads" who are really about it call out ALL trash and sex has zero to do with it. Assuming you're actually a Black woman (no accusation, but AFAIK, you could be anyone), I would bet money I listen to more quality female rap than you do. Getting your average woman to name a non-ratchet female rapper aside from Nicki Minaj (she's ratchet to me) and maybe Rapsody is like pulling teeth. And THAT is a large reason rap, especially female rap, is in the trash now.

And no, I don't listen to anyone that says garbage like that. If they did, that song never gets played again.

BTW, the "thousand dollar lesbian" line is from this Wu-Tang classic.:blessed:

Daps
I'm following perfectly, I just don't let women skate when they pull that BS mysogynist angle out. Us "older heads" who are really about it call out ALL trash and sex has zero to do with it. Assuming you're actually a Black woman (no accusation, but AFAIK, you could be anyone), I would bet money I listen to more quality female rap than you do. Getting your average woman to name a non-ratchet female rapper aside from Nicki Minaj (she's ratchet to me) and maybe Rapsody is like pulling teeth. And THAT is a large reason rap, especially female rap, is in the trash now.

And no, I don't listen to anyone that says garbage like that. If they did, that song never gets played again.

BTW, the "thousand dollar lesbian" line is from this Wu-Tang classic.:blessed:

you can speak for yourself that's fine. what we not gonna do is act like posters don't be all up in the sexyy redd threads talking shyt then turn around and go bump project pat or some shyt. you can keep your head in the sand if you want but spare me

and i already know who said the line. like i said, even your favs have some "rachet" shyt as you old heads like to call it... either sitting around or even on wax lol

and you fail to see the juelz you just pulled.... hilarious. you makes these guys that bragged about sex and money your heros then turn around and shyt on females for bragging on their p*ssy 🙃 blame yourselves

Last edited:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
you can speak for yourself that's fine. what we not gonna do is act like posters don't be all up in the sexyy redd threads talking shyt then turn around and go bump project pat or some shyt. you can keep your head in the sand if you want but spare me

and i already know who said the line. like i said, even your favs have some "rachet" shyt as you old heads like to call it... either sitting around or even on wax lol
Project pat can rap. Sexxy red can't. Nothing to do with subject matter. We're talking about actual skill

Loko, gangsta boo, and Mia x talk about the same shyt as sexxy red but they can actually rap

Having flow, having lyrics that don't make you cringe, being about to put albums together, hold their own in posse cuts, etc.

Problem is a lotta folks listen to rap but have no ear to discern who is actually good :mjlol:

So they get in their feelings when people who can call it for what it is