PROMETHEUS Sequel Moving Forward

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I wouldn't say Prometheus was terrible but it wasn't very good either. It was an average movie, which is sort of disappointing since it had so much hype. I'd watch the sequel :manny:

Mountain

All Star
Daps
Reppin
more money
Watched the sht two days ago, brilliant, the story has so much potential, why did the enginers want to destroy earth? What was the giant black orb at the beginning? What was the liquid that destroyed the blue brothers DNA, e.t.c. the movie captured my attention for real.

Watched it today, the visuals were nice but like others have said the dumb shyt people did just didn't make sense. Edris's character opening the door of the craft when the dead dude's sensor appeared outside of it, yeah, that's a wise choice. Like others have said, the alien snake scene was just :mindblown:

To the dude saying people try to pet wild animals on earth, yeah they do when they have knowledge of the animal and what it's capable of doing. You won't find very many if any people alive that will pet a 3-4 foot long snake out in the wild if they have no clue what it is, especially if it raises up and hisses.

I beg to differ, you're seriously underestimating the magnitude of human stupidity.

There were just so many plot holes in this shyt, and Fassbender basically cared the entire flick.

Give the movie time to breath slim, I'm sure the open ends will be explained in the next installment.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just dont understand the need for a sequel.

She goes to the home planet, they kill her. What kind of fight is she gonna put up? If anything, i wanna know more about the origin and how the first blue man brought human life to earth

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Movie was incredibly bad. Like, :dwillhuh: level bad. I won't say it's one of the worst movies of all time like someone else did, that's going overboard....but given the budget and the talent involved it's easily one of the worst movies for this tier of film making, if that makes sense.

Fred.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Movie was incredibly bad. Like, :dwillhuh: level bad. I won't say it's one of the worst movies of all time like someone else did, that's going overboard....but given the budget and the talent involved it's easily one of the worst movies for this tier of film making, if that makes sense.

Fred.

It was just a huge letdown of a movie. Do u think they shouldve just stuck to their original idea and make a straight up alien prequel, i mean i know its a prequel but do u think they outsmarted themselves by going with some dont make sense wannabe epic story? I think thats what killed this shyt.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Real

Daps
Reppin
Under Your Skin
Prometheus was fukking terrible, probably the worst movie I've seen in years. Why didn't the actual vessel "The Prometheus" in the film have some canons or some type of weaponry like any normal ship in a science fiction film would have? They could've blasted the Engineer's ship and keep it moving on the next mission. Prometheus could've been the new USS Enterprise on some Star Trek shyt :snoop: what a joke

Lol. they same reason why every freighter ship doesn't have cannons and torpedoes, but a battleship does. :what:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
It was just a huge letdown of a movie. Do u think they shouldve just stuck to their original idea and make a straight up alien prequel, i mean i know its a prequel but do u think they outsmarted themselves by going with some dont make sense wannabe epic story? I think thats what killed this shyt.

Neither would've mattered really. The movie was just terrible across the board, with or without the "Alien" shout-outs. They should've nailed down a decent plot and script then worried about everything else.

When I found out old man Weyland was hiding on the ship....his ship....his expedition....that he paid billions for....I was like :dwillhuh::shaq2:

I mean....so much shyt makes zero sense. Then when it was revealed he was Charlize Theron's father I was :comeon::snoop:

shyt was a soap opera twist. She even said "FATHER" all dramatic. God damn what an awful movie. I wish I could go back in time and sit in on the meetings that led to this movie. Who in their right mind would read that script like "yeah, we got a winner, that's hot as hell son"?

Fred.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Movie was awful imo, i left the theater angry that i paid to watch that trash. :pacspit:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i only was really a fan of Idris Elba's character. and Charlize Theron

c/s.

and while i figure that clemenza's idea of goin star trek with the cast prob never had a chance given the idea of it being a prequel... it almost does seem like a waste to have even cast idris and charlize just to give them throwaway roles and murk them in the first film, but then have plans to make sequels.

not that they need those two for a sequel or whatever, but for me they were the most enjoyable characters in an 'alright' movie despite havin background roles