PROMETHEUS Sequel Moving Forward

Egomaniacal1

Director of the Federal Bureau of Instigation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Martin, TN
It's not like its a bunch of sci-fi movies that come out every year so dumb shyt aside the story was enough for me to see more. I wanna know more about the Engineers brehs.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On another planet? :stopitslime:

Nobody in their right mind would try to pet a snake that is in an aggressive stance....and that alien was in the exact same stance. On another planet. This ain't "Crocodile Hunter".

Whole movie was fukking terrible. Corny ass dialogue, characters acting dumb as hell just to further the plot....telegraphing the fukk outta plot points, like the self-surgery machine "gee I wonder if that'll be important later" :wtb:....Guy Pierce's awful old man make-up....the lame ass plot twist with him being alive, and being Vicker's father, on some soap opera shyt....no explanation for anything really....and they was dumb enough to end a prequel with a cliff-hanger.

So what happens next? Who cares? It obviously ain't that important considering it never gets mentioned in any of the "Alien" movies.

Fred.
:snoop: yes on another planet. It's a science fiction movie.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: yes on another planet. It's a science fiction movie.

:rudy:

Since you seem confused....

People who run up on wild animals petting them, getting all in their faces, etc. are considered dumb on this planet.

So why the fukk would trained professionals do it on another planet?

If it's dumb here, and we know what the animals are capable of, how much more dumb do you gotta be to do it to aliens?

Even over looking this completely retarded plot point, I could shred this movie 15 other ways. It's a train-wreck.

Fred.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

People who run up on wild animals petting them, getting all in their faces, etc. are considered dumb on this planet.

If it's dumb here, and we know what the animals are capable of, how much more dumb do you gotta be to do it to aliens?

Even over looking this completely retarded plot point, I could shred this movie 15 other ways. It's a train-wreck.

Fred.
Exactly and that's just bad writing .

• Dap
Reactions: hex

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Fred.
Seems you are confused.
Didn't say it wasn't dumb. Just stating that it happens in real life too

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The dude that touch the snake thing, well that's kinda like what happens on those animal shows where they try to pet things they probably should leave alone.

That guy was a friggin' biologist (who was assumedly very good at his craft since he was chosen by Weyland for this expdition) so there was no excuse for his first encounter with a new life form to be to approach it like it was a puppy.
The Crocodile Hunter I could accept acting like a goober around animals but at least he used to do it with creatures he was familiar with. This dude was a scientist not a goofy TV host.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
:damn: at the hate for this movie here. You would think this was a Uwe Boll movie or somethin. I stand by my love for it, plot holes and all. The only thing that really bugged me was Noomi not telling anyone about the surgery. Besides that the movie was :krs:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Seemed like a very polarizing movie. it was my second favorite movie of the year behind batman, even tho Prometheus had plenty of flaws, I loved it because it was a pure sci-fi movie, don't get those often enough

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That guy was a friggin' biologist (who was assumedly very good at his craft since he was chosen by Weyland for this expdition) so there was no excuse for his first encounter with a new life form to be to approach it like it was a puppy.
The Crocodile Hunter I could accept acting like a goober around animals but at least he used to do it with creatures he was familiar with. This dude was a scientist not a goofy TV host.

He wasn't in his right mind.
:manny: It be like that sometimes.

I see you in the comic thread so I know you are use to seeing characters having out of character moments.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
He wasn't in his right mind.
:manny: It be like that sometimes.

I see you in the comic thread so I know you are use to seeing characters having out of character moments.
Nah, it was just a retarded moment in the movie, that I'll overlook because of the films ambition.

Visually the movie was absolutely stunning. Fassbender killed it, there were a few dumb character moments and the dialogue wasn't that well written but the pure scope of the movie was great. It was asking big questions and I was always intrigued by the Alien universe, and I do want to know more about the Engineers, the sequel should answer all the unanswered question, as I believe scott did that purposefully.

There hasn't been a movie since Inception where I was reading and reading for hours about different theories and such.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Nah, it was just a retarded moment in the movie, that I'll overlook because of the films ambition.

Visually the movie was absolutely stunning. Fassbender killed it, there were a few dumb character moments and the dialogue wasn't that well written but the pure scope of the movie was great. It was asking big questions and I was always intrigued by the Alien universe, and I do want to know more about the Engineers, the sequel should answer all the unanswered question, as I believe scott did that purposefully.

There hasn't been a movie since Inception where I was reading and reading for hours about different theories and such.

It had as many "plot holes" as TDKR and people would take a bullet for that movie on here :heh:

Agree with everything you said. Some people get hung up on stupid shyt and cant suspend any disbelief or fill in gaps of logic for themselves. I can understand not liking it, but it did a lot more right then wrong.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
It had as many "plot holes" as TDKR and people would take a bullet for that movie on here :heh:

Agree with everything you said. Some people get hung up on stupid shyt and cant suspend any disbelief or fill in gaps of logic for themselves. I can understand not liking it, but it did a lot more right then wrong.
If we're comparing movies:

TDKR>>>>>>>>> Prometheus

We ripped TDKR for its plot holes and story but believe it or not.. its nothing in the realm of shytty-ness that is Prometheus. Prometheus, although its a pretty film, its one of the worst movies ever pieced together hands down. That movie is atrocious