PROMETHEUS Sequel Moving Forward

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
probably the biggest mystery to me. We did see engineer's with their chests burst open though. There was probably a xenomorph outbreak that occurred, why/how is a mystery. We do know that the black goo reacts depending on the intent of the person wielding it, thats why david was able to touch it with nothing happening, he is an android so he had no intent. Humans are "sinful" and corrupt which is why they turned into murderous zombie looking things. Maybe since the engineers were mad at us and presumably wanted to destroy earth, that negative intent is what caused the xenomorph outbreak.
:ohhh:
There's some religious undertone in there, they worshiped that big head thing, the wall mural.
Kinda like in Christianity and shyt. A lot of guessing here,but that 2000 year line wasn't innocent. What happened 2000 years ago ON EARTH, if we try to be precise, what happened during that first century AD that made them nikkas mad? :lupe:
I'm reading lots of timelines and theories but nothing related to WHY :beli: I see you Ridley Scott, not answering shyt mofukka :pacspit: the why could've also been total unrelated to something that happened on Earth too. We'll have to wait and see.

circa 1st Century AD
  • The Engineer race makes a decision to eradicate humanity for whatever reason (possibly they're perceived as a possible future threat if they advanced sufficiently).
  • The Engineers create a bioweapon to do the job (black goo with Xenomorph dna).
  • The derelict found on LV-426 departs LV-223 with a payload of xenos, to eradicate humanity on Earth.
  • Something goes awry on LV-223 just after the Derelict left - all but one Engineer died, who went into stasis.
  • Things go awry on the Derelict shortly after it departs, just as they had on LV-223.
  • The Space Jockey brings the Derelict down on LV-426, or it crashes while he's being face hugged or whatever. He's killed by a chestburster.
  • Xeno eggs on the Derelict remain in stasis for the next 2000 years on LV-426.

2093 AD
  • The Prometheus arrives on LV-223. The crew wakes the Last Engineer.
  • The Last Engineer immediately realizes the pilot who departed for Earth 2000 years ago failed in his mission to eradicate humanity (obvious as humans are present).
  • In retrospect, given the current technological state of humanity, it wasn't just a failure, but has now proved to be an epic failure.
  • Whatever reason they wanted to destroy humans 2000 years ago, it's especially more urgent now we have FTL travel and could pose not just a potential, but a dire threat.
  • The eradication of humanity needs to get done, and it needs to get done yesterday.
    The Last Engineer goes into overdrive. He must ensure that absolutely no information makes it to Earth about the Engineers or any knowledge that the crew of the Prometheus has come across.
  • We see a proto-xeno and proto-facehugger because... that's the bioweapon technology they were working on the last time any of them had worked on bioweapon technology.

2122 AD
  • The derelict is discovered by the crew of the Nostromo in 2122.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The Prometheus sequel has a new name...ALIEN: COVENANT
O6vVnmv.jpg

Ridley Scott made the following comments during the press tour for The Martian:

I was going to be doing what will be called ‘Alien: Covenant,’ which starts shooting next February, and we were struggling then with the screenplay there and then there was a phone call, somebody saying, ‘Listen, we’ve got this thing which is completely written called ‘[The] Martian,’ and I said, ‘Huh.’ And I sped read it in an hour and by mid-afternoon, I talked to Fox and said, ‘I need to talk to ‘Drew [Goddard]…’

20th Century Fox has also released a synopsis of the plot:

Ridley Scott returns to the universe he created in ALIEN with ALIEN: COVENANT, the second chapter in a prequel trilogy that began with PROMETHEUS — and connects directly to Scott’s 1979 seminal work of science fiction. Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the “synthetic” David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition.
ALIEN: COVENANT is scheduled to open on October 6, 2017.
:jbhmm: So no Noomi Rapace as Shaw? Or will they keep her role in the sequel a secret?

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
That's too bad if no Rapace.

I fukks with Fassbender and I realize that he's bordering on being a mega-star....but she busted her ass in Prometheus and I kinda wanted to see more of her.