Professor of Astrophysics at Cambridge Discovers Planet w 50/50 Chance Of Life Now JWST Is Being Aimed At It For Closer Look

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
50/50 is not news
They literally just discovered it

He was saying 50/50 because more data was needed.. which was coming in as they spoke from the James Webb telescope (this was yesterday). After his findings, they sent the JW over to investigate the planet

He believed personally it was more than 50/50.. but as an academic he had to say that until new photos come in and their findings are peer reviewed.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They literally just discovered it

He was saying 50/50 because more data was needed.. which was coming in as they spoke from the James Webb telescope (this was yesterday). After his findings, they sent the JW over to investigate the planet

He believed personally it was more than 50/50.. but as an academic he had to say that until new photos come in and their findings are peer reviewed.
Exactly
This is like the weather man saying there is a 50/50 chance of rain
:unimpressed:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I don’t know why we’re playing with fire. Honestly, nothing good is going to come of our search for (intelligent) life.

It’s like life on this planet. It’s a game of resources. There is no guarantee we will be welcomed with open arms Smdh
I personally think that the “we’re doomed” if we make contact mindset is overblown.

It’s rooted in egocentrism when you think about it: “all other alien races must be like White colonizers on Earth”

Also, resources aren’t a problem…the universe is big as fukk / if they can get here they can surely get to other uninhibited planets that have even more resources.

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally think that the “we’re doomed” if we make contact mindset is overblown.

It’s rooted in egocentrism when you think about it: “all other alien races must be like White colonizers on Earth”

Also, resources aren’t a problem…the universe is big as fukk / if they can get here they can surely get to other uninhibited planets that have even more resources.

It’s also rooted in anti-intellectualism. Read the posts in this thread. They imply and some outright suggest we should curb/stop our curiosity out of fear of impending destruction

brehs want to stunt potential growth out of fear of “invisible boogeymen”

:francis:

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
The nearest planet outside our solar system is about 4.5 light years away, even using the fastest spacecraft we have, it would take about 70,000 years to reach it

It's kinda sad that people are so dumb, that they actually believe there is any chance of aliens landing on our planet