Professor Emeritus: "Kobe was never clearly the best in any season of his career"

Was Kobe ever clearly the best player in the league?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Where do you coach? Where did you play college ball? Did you even start for your high school team?

Cause if this is some, "I'm 6'2 and overweight in the Valley so I'm dominating shorter immigrants on the blacktop", then its hilarious you think that translates to you understanding NBA basketball.

LOLLLL

I’M 6’5” AND CLEARLY NOT OVERWEIGHT (MY VIDEOS ARE ONLINE, IM SURE UV STUDIED THEM BY NOW)

AND NO, I DIDNT PLAY COLLEGE.. WAS SMOKING TOO MUCH WEED AND FUCCIN AROUND EXCESSIVELY IN MY YOUTH BUT I DID PLAY FOR THE WORLD FAMOUS TAFT HIGH BEFORE TEARIN MY ACL/LCL/MCL/MENISCUS

BUT WHY U SIDETRACKIN?….. ARE U UP FOR THE CHALLENGE OR NAAH??

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
This is exactly it. :dead:

"LeBron might have had a better technical score, but have did you see Kobe's artistic scores?" :laff:

That one poster literally argued that Bron couldn't have been the best player in 2010 because he "didn't have a jump shot", even though Bron made more threes and at a higher % than Kobe made that year. "But Kobe's threes were prettier!!!"

SEE THIS ALONE PROVES U DONT KNOW BASKETBALL

JUMP SHOT ISNT ONLY THREES… LEBRON WAS WOAT FROM MIDRANGE… AND WASNT GUARDED HEAVY BEHIND THE THREE POINT LINE…

KOBE WAS THE TYPA SHOOTER WHO WAS DOUBLED ONCE HE CROSSED HALF COURT…

SO THIS IS WHY WE SAY U GUYS ONLY UNDERSTAND BASKETBALL ON A NUMERICAL LEVEL… CONSIDERING U DONT HAVE THE ABILITY TO CONTEXTUALIZE NUMBERS….

AND ANYONE SAYING LEBRON IS A BETTER SHOOTER THAN KOBE IS A DUNCE. STRAIGHT UP.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I’M 6’5” AND CLEARLY NOT OVERWEIGHT
AND NO, I DIDNT PLAY COLLEGE.. WAS SMOKING TOO MUCH WEED AND FUCCIN AROUND EXCESSIVELY IN MY YOUTH BUT I DID PLAY FOR THE WORLD FAMOUS TAFT HIGH

This Taft High?

That's funny, I don't see you anywhere in that locker room or on that roster list? :patrice:

Imagine bragging that you "know basketball" because you happen to be 6'5", but even at 6'5" you never played college, never coached, and couldn't even make your high school roster.

Is there even ONE second of video of you playing organized basketball? :russ:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Clearly as in there was no season where he was head and shoulders better than everyone, no one else had a legit argument as being better?

I don’t think that’s too crazy of a take, though I would say he was the best player for at least 06-08

For those 3 seasons as a collective, I agree he’s #1. But I disagree that in any one of the individual seasons you can’t come up with an argument for anyone else
Basically my answer. For this reason (essentially hindsight vs real-time) I'd say no, not clearly.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt got 3 daps lol. Who said Lebron was better those years. You just made that shyt up mental illness

FOH. I've been calling yall idiots out. Both these posts go back multiple years. And yall Bron goofies were doing that.

Thats how Bron Stans operate.

From 2003-2010 they use “stats” to say Bron was the best. From 2011 to now they use rings and finals mvps. But the logic somehow doesn’t apply to KD and Kawhi who were coming for him stats wise before and have now added rings to their resume as well:unimpressed: You can throw Giannis and Harden in there too “stats” wise. They haven’t won yet though.

Was Lebron being seriously compared to Jordan in 2010, or was Kobe? :beli:

Crickets.

Exactly.

If you can't see the comparison of Kobe being the Champion and LeBron being the new star back then, v.s. LeBron being the Champion and Giannis being the new star in this era....its because you DON'T want to see it. Not because it's not true.

This is not gonna be a productive conversation because you're clearly a major Bron stan.

Be safe out there.

Last edited:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
This Taft High?

That's funny, I don't see you anywhere in that locker room or on that roster list? :patrice:

Imagine bragging that you "know basketball" because you happen to be 6'5", but even at 6'5" you never played college, never coached, and couldn't even make your high school roster.

Is there even ONE second of video of you playing organized basketball? :russ:

WRONG YEAR SHERLOCK

:youngsabo:

I SEE U ON YOUR SAME OL FAILED INVESTIGATOR BS, THINKIN U SLICK FINDIN WAYS TO AVOID MY CHALLENGE N SIDETRACK

ME: I CHALLENGE U TO A GAME FOR $1,000

YOU: DID U EVER PLAY ORGANIZED BASKETBALL?

ME: I DID, BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT. ARE U DOWN FOR THE CHALLENGE?

YOU: NO YOU DIDNT!!!!

LIKE CLOCKWORK

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Real "meet me in Temecula" energy in here

“MEET ME IN TEMECULA” WAS SOME1 ON THE INTERNET MAD OVER GETTIN TROLLED

IM TALKIN $$ HERE…. $1K FOR A FRIENDLY GAME OF 1 ON 1

IF U GUNA TALK BIG SHIIT THEN PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE UR MOUTH IS

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
Russillo actually said this on a recent Simmons pod :russ:

Kobe stans be like "most difficult shot maker ever!"

ryen-russillo_0jpg.jpg

THANKS FOR PROVING OUR POINT

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Russillo actually said this on a recent Simmons pod :russ:

Kobe stans be like "most difficult shot maker ever!"
I saw that episode. In general there's a real disconnect between how Kobe Stans view him and how the larger basketball community views him, which is still high as fukk. And there's definitely real Lakers fans but alot of guys who are really just Kobe fans cosplaying as Lakers fans. It is what it is at this point...

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I saw that episode. In general there's a real disconnect between how Kobe Stans view him and how the larger basketball community views him, which is still high as fukk. And there's definitely real Lakers fans but alot of guys who are really just Kobe fans cosplaying as Lakers fans. It is what it is at this point...
Stop saying the larger basketball community. Once again, word choice matters. The sports media has never liked Kobe - especially white people in the media. The larger basketball community rates Kobe as definitively a top 5 to 10 player ever. I don’t even put him in the top 5. NBA players view Kobe very differently than the media does. The NBA media is disproportionately made up of guys who have never played the game unlike any other sport. If you left it up to former NBA players and HOFers you would hear Kobe’s name more often than you hear it on here. Pretty much every player who you could put in the top 25 all time has acknowledged Kobe as being the best in the world at some point but I’m supposed to give a fukk about Ryan Russilo? You act like we don’t have access to NBA GM surveys dating back to 2002.

Last edited: