Prime Wade vs Prime Iverson

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Dude, Wade had the ball in his hands more and was the primary first option on a team where his next best scorer scored a whopping 2 more points than AI's did. Hell, I'd take Mutombo over ANY player that Wade was playing with in 08-09.

You literally aren't arguing anythibg. You're just saying BS and not arguing with anything substantial. When both were the first option on crappy offensive teams, Wade performed LOADS better. More points and more assists on higher efficiency while being taller, stronger, etc.

You're just saying AI was better because he was.

youre proving our point. what did wade win in '09? a 1st rd seriers over the bucks? lol. and yet, you have the audacity to accuse somebody else of not arguing about anything.

he didnt perform loads better than AI. he just padded his stats.

shyt he still had it in Denver, if he didn't he wouldn't have been able to do this:

shyt he even still had most of it in Detroit, but the coaching was really bad with that team:

basically that son.

he lost a step in terms of speed & explosiveness. thats about it.

they clearly ran dude out the league.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
youre proving our point. what did wade win in '09? a 1st rd seriers over the bucks? lol. and yet, you have the audacity to accuse somebody else of not arguing about anything.

basically that son.

Prime wade was at least comparable to LeBron and nikkas know LeBron will be in the top 10 when it is all said and done

Can we say that about Iverson?

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

basically that son.

Not winning in 09 doesn't mean much. Just because he didn't win doesn't mean he wasn't a better player. That teams gets stomped with AI too.

Again, Wade did everything better than AI. What did Iverson do better than Wade score one more point in drastically lower efficiency?

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Not winning in 09 doesn't mean much. Just because he didn't win doesn't mean he wasn't a better player. That teams gets stomped with AI too.

Again, Wade did everything better than AI. What did Iverson do better than Wade score one more point in drastically lower efficiency?

AI made to at least to the semi finals 4/13 attempts and nikka acting like he was some traditional winner.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AI made to at least to the semi finals 4/13 attempts and nikka acting like he was some traditional winner.

It makes no sense to me. Wade was the more impactful player in his prime. It's that simple. AI had one insane run where he played out if his mind and lost but that doesn't mean ish.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I've never been a fan of neither, but I think in their prime, Iverson is better than Wade. They both have hella flaws in their games and I believe their games are the discussion. First, Wade has virtually no handle, and he struggles to get off a pure shot without it being some crazy acrobatic shot. Hinrich's D used to give him fits. His outside shot is still suspect, and his range is non-existent even at 11yrs in. He's a player that I think zone defenses benefited tremendously. But his explosiveness is one that hadn't been seen in a while, especially at the rim. He used to be good on the ball defender though. As for his passing, people tend to confuse assist numbers with passing ability. He's not really good at finding teammates (save for Lebron) or running the offense; if that was the case, he would've stayed at the 1. And truth be told, he plays as much ISO ball as all of the criticized players. But Wade's flaws also are easier to have complementary players. Wade is also a pretty good rebounder. I consider him a jacked up Franchise.

Now for AI, the most difficult player to build a team around. Let's see, he never met a shot he didn't like, and still didn't have much range. But he could get a shot off, anytime he liked, over anyone. He also developed a midrange shot by the time he was traded, which is why Melo was like the only 20+ppg scorer that he saw the playoffs with. AI was just difficult though. He was not passing you the ball unless you were gonna directly finish or shoot. The only flaw for the 76ers as an organization was not having a 3pt shooter on the team in AI's prime. By the time Korver came, it was too late. But as a player, AI was ferocious and his scoring and relentless attacking of the basket is on a stratosphere with very few. He couldn't play defense but on the flipside, was unguardable. It comes down to this for me, AI can get something out of nothing, and Wade is better at sacrificing around great players.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
It makes no sense to me. Wade was the more impactful player in his prime. It's that simple. AI had one insane run where he played out if his mind and lost but that doesn't mean ish.

This is from the top of my head

Barkley, Robinson, Moses Malone, dr.j Ewing, Zeke all had better peaks than Iverson but inferior peaks to Wade.

That gap alone should make this comparison even debatable

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Prime wade was at least comparable to LeBron and nikkas know LeBron will be in the top 10 when it is all said and done

Can we say that about Iverson?

who seriously compared wade to lebron at any point?

but i'll play your game, and note that alot of you young buls have kobe in your top 10, and prime iverson was better than kobe.......and yall dont dare say that about wade so :whistle:

but more importantly, prime wade didnt last long enough for yall to go on & on about his prime the way yall do, as opposed to prime iverson who put cats thru K-8.

that heat squad would be better with iverson. hes carried worst teams to the playoffs.

as for your question, we done already went over that twice already. wade was just a better defender & rebounder, and thats only because hes bigger.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Wade was better in his prime, not really a debate there.

Iverson had an incredible run, but he was the definition of a volume scorer.

Only knock on Wade is that his body is breaking down so his prime will relatively be considered to be "short"

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
who seriously compared wade to lebron at any point?

but i'll play your game, and note that alot of you young buls have kobe in your top 10, and prime iverson was better than kobe.......and yall dont dare say that about wade so :whistle:

but more importantly, prime wade didnt last long enough for yall to go on & on about his prime the way yall do, as opposed to prime iverson who put cats thru K-8.

that heat squad would be better with iverson. hes carried worst teams to the playoffs.

as for your question, we done already went over that twice already. wade was just a better defender & rebounder, and thats only because hes bigger.

Everybody thought Wade was actually better than LeBron after the 2011 finals. Stop trying to change history. Wade was as good or almost as good from 2004 to 2011. Wade was even better than. LBJ in 06

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas

well thats saying a helluva lot if you remember those sixers rosters.

thats alot of over-achieving. something wade never did.

Barkley, Robinson, Moses Malone, dr.j Ewing, Zeke all had better peaks than Iverson but inferior peaks to Wade.

:laff:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
:snoop:
You can tell who started watching Wade either in 09 or when bron got to MIA. Dudes talking bout his prime was short when he's been great since his 2nd year in the league. At least 9 years. And if ever get his health in order he will be back to averaging 22 pts on 50% shooting.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Everybody thought Wade was actually better than LeBron after the 2011 finals. Stop trying to change history. Wade was as good or almost as good from 2004 to 2011. Wade was even better than. LBJ in 06

LOL

im done. between this and the blatant low-bridging of zeke, barkley, etc.

i think wade must be a childhood hero to alot of yall on here or something. yall overrating him like a champ.
:snoop:
You can tell who started watching wade either in 09 or when bron got to MIA. Dudes talking bout his prime was short when he's been great since his 2nd year in the league.

i been around since '92 doggie.

if you want to say that wade's prime was his 2nd year, its still relatively short in comparison.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
:comeon:

Wade was never better than LBJ

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly

What? How do you figure? If anything, it would be reverse except AI peaks came at losing seasons.