Prime Wade vs Prime Iverson

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Bron joinng Mia had to be the worst thing for

Breh nobody's backpedaling but you act as if Bron was as good then as he is now. Kobe,Bron,Wade was considered interchangeable (more so Kobe,Bron) at that time. And yes i would listen to basketball analyst than some random nikka on the coli. My point is depending on who you ask he might have been the the best player in the league.

unless you actually played or coached in the nba, theres no difference between an espn analyst and a coli analyst.

and the player/coach analysts are usually more in-line with posters like myself. go figure.

but dont mind, continue on getting your insight from PTI and skip bayless.:laugh:

Last edited:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
I'm an NBA stan, not a stan of an individual player.

Yes, LeBron has been the best player in the NBA since his second season. He has the stats and hardware to prove it. Does this make you upset? Good, Jordan used to upset many as well.
Lol Whatever man...I'm not upset. I have no dog in the Kobe/Bron debate. But i cant call him the best player in the league pre-09 maybe 10. Just my opinion.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
nah.

nobody touches kobe in that category.
Iverson's shot attempts and FG% says otherwise. The only year you can argue Iverson was better is 2000. Even then it still leans towards Kobe, because of how good he was at defending the perimeter.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
LOL

im done. between this and the blatant low-bridging of zeke, barkley, etc.

i think wade must be a childhood hero to alot of yall on here or something. yall overrating him like a champ.

i been around since '92 doggie.

if you want to say that wade's prime was his 2nd year, its still relatively short in comparison.

The irony

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Iverson's shot attempts and FG% says otherwise. The only year you can argue Iverson was better is 2000. Even then it still leans towards Kobe, because of how good he was at defending the perimeter.

i dont know. it was a joke dog. relax.:laugh:

as far as "the argument", i dont know what youre asking there. i guess yall werent around back in those days if iverson being over kobe sounds new to you.

The irony

what irony?

iverson wasnt even in the league in my childhood days, unless you count georgetown but i wasnt into him all like that back then. kerry kittles & donyell marshall were my big east favs back in those days.

nice try. back to the drawing board you go.

Last edited:

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
What? How do you figure? If anything, it would be reverse except AI peaks came at losing seasons.
kobe really didnt pass iverson til about 06-07. prolly 07. whichever year it was when iverson started losing a bit of explosiveness.

most teams are built around their star players. so its a real tit-for-tat argument. youre right about the defensive thing tho, but youre neglecting to mention the fact that wade had more talent around him, even on that '09 team, which kills all that efficiency babble. like is said, tit-for-tat.

wade has too many holes in his game for me to even have this conversation offline.:laugh:

Kobe been a better player than AI since the beginning of the 2001-2002 season into almost beyond

Last edited:

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
nah.

nobody touches kobe in that category.

Actually, AI is the one dude who has Kobe beat in that category. Funny thing is, they never looked like bad shots because he always found a way to gain some space. But he sure as hell shot like shyt.

I know Kobe's had games of shooting 17-47 (NBA record for missed FG's in a game) but AI would regularly have consecutive games of shooting 10-33 or some shyt like that.

I've said it before, and I will repeat it in every thread: AI has gone from being unfairly trashed 10 years ago to being unduly praised now. He was a great player who never really mastered the cerebral side of the game and relied on his INSANE speed and agility. Once those traits failed, he was done as a player.

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town

Nah

Iverson. Was better from 1996-2001 and in the 05 season.

Kobe better in every other year including having a much better prime

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
Wade!

Iverson may have been a better scorer but Wade was always willing to do what it took to win by playing D and being a great playmaker for teammates. Even Gary Payton and Alonzo Mourning said they've never played with anyone as unselfish as Wade. In his prime Wade's approach to the game was always to make plays for everyone and take over when needed.

With all due respect to Iverson but dude was forcing bad shots when he had Carmelo, Nene, Kenyon Martin, Marcus Camby, Andre Miller and J.R. Smith around him.

You won't find many players as tough as Iverson in this world. I'll give him that. But If I'm building a team around one of these guys in their prime I'm taking Wade because he's proven he can adjust to teammates in order to win.

Come on breh...AI always did that.
What was Iverson's argument over Kobe? He was better at shot jacking?

Coming from a Kobe fan?:stopitslime:

Daps
i
what irony?

iverson wasnt even in the league in my childhood days, unless you count georgetown but i wasnt into him all like that back then. kerry kittles & donyell marshall were my big east favs back in those days.

nice try. back to the drawing board you go.
:aicmon:

You only grinding out this shyt cause you from Philly. If Wade somehow ended up in Philly and had relatively the same success, you'd be running to put the pom poms on for him.