Prime Wade vs Prime Iverson

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
who seriously compared wade to lebron at any point?

but i'll play your game, and note that alot of you young buls have kobe in your top 10, and prime iverson was better than kobe.......and yall dont dare say that about wade so :whistle:

but more importantly, prime wade didnt last long enough for yall to go on & on about his prime the way yall do, as opposed to prime iverson who put cats thru K-8.

that heat squad would be better with iverson. hes carried worst teams to the playoffs.

as for your question, we done already went over that twice already. wade was just a better defender & rebounder, and thats only because hes bigger.

Iverson had an argument over Kobe in 01 but he wasn't seeing Kobe in 05-06.

And no, Iverson carried a team BUILT AROUND Him better in the playoffs. Again, that team was built a lot like the 10-11 Bulls in that they got a bunch if solid to great defensive players and had Iverson just score.

That Heat team would get destroyed on defense if Iverson ran it.

Again, Wade scored just as many points (And his leading scorer scored two more points than Iverson) on much higher efficiency. Wade was better at finishing, stronger, and just as explosive when you take into account his size and strength. He's also much better about taking better shots and a much smarter basketball player.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Breh, the argument against Bron joining Miami was that he was joining someone who might be just as good as him. All sports media, analyst, coli analyst everyone looked at it as being 1-1a sitiuation.
Backpedaling already? Listening to the media like most of them know wtf they are talking about?

Just as good at best, never better than LBJ

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Iverson had an argument over Kobe in 01 but he wasn't seeing Kobe in 05-06.

And no, Iverson carried a team BUILT AROUND Him better in the playoffs. Again, that team was built a lot like the 10-11 Bulls in that they got a bunch if solid to great defensive players and had Iverson just score.

That Heat team would get destroyed on defense if Iverson ran it.

Again, Wade scored just as many points (And his leading scorer scored two more points than Iverson) on much higher efficiency. Wade was better at finishing, stronger, and just as explosive when you take into account his size and strength. He's also much better about taking better shots and a much smarter basketball player.

kobe really didnt pass iverson til about 06-07. prolly 07. whichever year it was when iverson started losing a bit of explosiveness.

most teams are built around their star players. so its a real tit-for-tat argument. youre right about the defensive thing tho, but youre neglecting to mention the fact that wade had more talent around him, even on that '09 team, which kills all that efficiency babble. like is said, tit-for-tat.

wade has too many holes in his game for me to even have this conversation offline.:laugh:

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Bron joinng Mia had to be the worst thing for
Backpedaling already? Listening to the media like most of them know wtf they are talking about?

Just as good at best, never better than LBJ
Breh nobody's backpedaling but you act as if Bron was as good then as he is now. Kobe,Bron,Wade was considered interchangeable (more so Kobe,Bron) at that time. And yes i would listen to basketball analyst than some random nikka on the coli. My point is depending on who you ask he might have been the the best player in the league.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never been a fan of neither, but I think in their prime, Iverson is better than Wade. They both have hella flaws in their games and I believe their games are the discussion. First, Wade has virtually no handle, and he struggles to get off a pure shot without it being some crazy acrobatic shot. Hinrich's D used to give him fits. His outside shot is still suspect, and his range is non-existent even at 11yrs in. He's a player that I think zone defenses benefited tremendously. But his explosiveness is one that hadn't been seen in a while, especially at the rim. He used to be good on the ball defender though. As for his passing, people tend to confuse assist numbers with passing ability. He's not really good at finding teammates (save for Lebron) or running the offense; if that was the case, he would've stayed at the 1. And truth be told, he plays as much ISO ball as all of the criticized players. But Wade's flaws also are easier to have complementary players. Wade is also a pretty good rebounder. I consider him a jacked up Franchise.

Now for AI, the most difficult player to build a team around. Let's see, he never met a shot he didn't like, and still didn't have much range. But he could get a shot off, anytime he liked, over anyone. He also developed a midrange shot by the time he was traded, which is why Melo was like the only 20+ppg scorer that he saw the playoffs with. AI was just difficult though. He was not passing you the ball unless you were gonna directly finish or shoot. The only flaw for the 76ers as an organization was not having a 3pt shooter on the team in AI's prime. By the time Korver came, it was too late. But as a player, AI was ferocious and his scoring and relentless attacking of the basket is on a stratosphere with very few. He couldn't play defense but on the flipside, was unguardable. It comes down to this for me, AI can get something out of nothing, and Wade is better at sacrificing around great players.

So the player thats harder to build around and couldnt play D is better? :wtf: :heh:

On what basis...he took more shots...VC missed a jumper? nikkas not even trying to use reason. :dead:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Bron joinng Mia had to be the worst thing for

Breh nobody's backpedaling but you act as if Bron was as good then as he is now. Kobe,Bron,Wade was considered interchangeable (more so Kobe,Bron) at that time. And yes i would listen to basketball analyst than some random nikka on the coli. My point is depending on who you ask he might have been the the best player in the league.
Most of the people on the coli know more about sports than the people in the media, you are the exception to this rule apparently.

You must have been in that crew that was saying Granger > Melo on SOHH

LBJ has been the best player in the league for a LONG time and the only debate is from fanboys who can't take the fact that this is LeBron's era.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
Most of the people on the coli know more about sports than the people in the media, you are the exception to this rule apparently.

You must have been in that crew that was saying Granger > Melo on SOHH

LBJ has been the best player in the league for a LONG time and the only debate is from fanboys who can't take the fact that this is LeBron's era.
And you proving my point. You are only taking part of what i said to fit your argument. Most of the coli/ sohh was shytting on Bron for joining Wade.

Edit: im not even a Kobe stan but :childplease: best player for a long time ?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
And you proving my point. You are only taking part of what i said to fit your argument. Most of the coli/ sohh was shytting on Bron for joining Wade.

Edit: im not even a Kobe stan but :childplease:
People were shytting on him because everyone wanted him to do it on his own squad. I ignored the few who said Wade was better than LeBron...that's not even an argument.

LeBron has been better than Kobe since his second season in the league.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
The same Bron who got the Rajon Rondo treatment for most of his career:scusthov: was the best player in the league for a long time. GTFOH.

Made Man

All Star
Daps
People were shytting on him because everyone wanted him to do it on his own squad. I ignored the few who said Wade was better than LeBron...that's not even an argument.

Oh i see ,You one of THEM nikkas...lol ok breh. You can have it. I see where this is going...i don't take part in the stanning on this site.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Oh i see ,You one of THEM nikkas...lol ok breh. You can have it. I see where this is going...i don't take part in the stanning on this site.
I'm an NBA stan, not a stan of an individual player.

Yes, LeBron has been the best player in the NBA since his second season. He has the stats and hardware to prove it. Does this make you upset? Good, Jordan used to upset many as well.

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY

:bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan::bryan: