PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also AI played with a comparable scoring maching in Carmelo and they did nothing so can we stop the AI never had talent shyt.

A.I. played fine....Denver did what Denver and George Karl been doing....Karl had about 3 first round exits before 09. and 4 since....

Do you see a pattern here? What did A.I. have to do with the other 6-7 first round exits?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
what numbers? :aicmon:playing stupid isn't helping your case.

people call him a chucker because he was a super-high volume, low-efficiency type of scorer. they don't call jerry west a chucker because he didn't shoot as much and made his shots at a much higher rate.

and :comeon:@the bolded. laziest and emptiest argument ever.

Its not an argument...Its a declaration....:laugh: Explain efficiency to me when it comes to basketball.....Are you related to John Hollinger?

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A.I. played fine....Denver did what Denver and George Karl been doing....Karl had about 3 first round exits before 09. and 4 since....

Do you see a pattern here? What did A.I. have to do with the other 6-7 first round exits?

*slow claps*

George Karl is one of the most overrated coaches i've ever seen

what numbers? :aicmon:playing stupid isn't helping your case.

people call him a chucker because he was a super-high volume, low-efficiency type of scorer. they don't call jerry west a chucker because he didn't shoot as much and made his shots at a much higher rate.

and :comeon:@the bolded. laziest and emptiest argument ever.

well those people need to learn what an actual chucker is

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Who was gon take shots on them Philly teams A.I. was on.....?? Who was gonna create they own shot??....Eric Snow? Ratliff? Mutombo? A washed up Kukoc? Ty Hill?

Matt Geiger? Who?
this.
it's no "excuse" but I understand, A.I was literally our ENTIRE offense for them years. I noticed this forum tends to get really disrespectful regarding A.I acting like all he did was shoot the ball a lot like it wasn't out of necessity. I'll put it like this, here are the top PPG besides A.I on his teams in what I consider his prime, these are his "sidekicks":

2000 Tyrone Hill (11.9 PPG)
2001 Aaron McKie (11.5 PPG)
2002 Matt Harpring (11.8 PPG)
2003 Keith Van Horn (15.8 PPG)
2004 Kenny Thomas (13.5 PPG)
2005 Marc Jackson (11.9 PPG)
2006 Chris Webber (20.2 PPG)

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Its not an argument...Its a declaration....:laugh: Explain efficiency to me when it comes to basketball.....Are you related to John Hollinger?

call it what you want. you were trying to say you know more about basketball because only a few guys (you being one of them) watch basketball "for real" (as if that means anything) to try and bolster your position. :aicmon:

i don't know what you need explained. if you know what the word efficiency means, then apply that to scoring the basketball.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
The problem is people keep trying to make AI the GOAT this or GOAT that or better than this ATG or that ATG instead of just letting him be him. The reality is that he was inefficient. There is really no way around that. Are we really gonna act like Russ doesn't have his share of detractors and hasn't caught more than his fair share of shyt over his shot selection? Also AI played with a comparable scoring maching in Carmelo and they did nothing so can we stop the AI never had talent shyt. Don't even get me started on the Pistons debacle.

D. Wade has been injured and inconsistent and nowhere near prime D. Wade while Bron has been there (save the 2010 regular season) so why are you comparing him to prime AI? And I am not sold on any iteration of AI being able to function without dominating the ball.

As far as "individual success" goes, Shaq only averaged 13/10 in the 06 Finals compared to Dikembe's 17/12 in 2001. nikkas need to really let that 01 run go. AI didn't do anything that another elite wing couldn't have done, more efficiently. He had a great defensive team around him and he played in a weak conference. His derth of success when surrounded with more talent (Denver, Detroit) as well his derth of success going forward in Philly shyts all over the argument that he just needed more help/carried a team full of scrubs to the Finals.

Like I said before AI was a great player. If people could just leave it at that things would be much better.
Since we can't compare prime AI to the current version of Wade then we cant count the season and a half that AI and Melo played together since AI wasn't quite in his prime anymore either. Plus Melo hasn't done anything at really since he has been in the league other than a conference finals appearance. So maybe that says as much for him as it does for him and Chuck not making any noise.

Mr. 1nighter

On my grown man steeze
Daps
Reppin
Columbus
to be honest Clyde Drexler is equal to or better than Wade.
Wade isn't some once in a generation player. He's pretty much a star that had Shaq and Lebron.

J.R. Rider minus the headache, Eddie Jones, Gilbert, all in their primes are on par with Wade. Put them dudes with Lebron or Shaq and you have some beasts. Just my thoughts. I'd even throw Mitch Richmond in there.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as much as i hate wade, he won a ring...with helf from the refs tho

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd take Wade, but in Iverson's defense he played alot better and efficiently when he had another scorer along side of him, and offensively his last season in Philly was ridiculous. It was fun as hell watching him cut through defenses like a ginsu and setting people up, and Webber was eating pretty good near the elbow from those kickouts; especially since all he was doing was spotting up near there because Iverson had the ball so damn much lol (outside of the occasional pick and roll from the high post).

With that said, even though offensively Iverson had the best statistical season out of the two (imo) what made Wade's the better player offensively was his ability to play off the ball; Dude was juking players off of him and freeing himself up like it was nothing, getting himself quality looks without dominating the ball. Iverson could free himself up, but was inconsistent when it came to catching and shooting, and was much better off of the dribble, which pretty much assured his numbers would drop once he couldn't dominate the ball. Even when he was in Denver and playing as a #2(or a 1b if you want to call it that )to Melo, he still didn't play off the ball that much: Instead Melo and Iverson took turns Isolating when in a half court set, which made them pretty easy to defend when they couldn't get over on teams with just athleticism and talent( George Karl should take some blame here though). Iverson showed he could defer to an extent, but he still very much needed the ball to score, and that just isn't the case with Wade, which is why I'm picking him.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I am no Karl apologist. I recognize that he's overrated. However you gotta be a special kinda stupid to be unable to get out of the first round or at least finish in the top 4 with 2 "superstars" in their prime. Karl at least managed to mix a Finals in with 1st round disappointments with Payton and Kemp. AI, Melo, and Karl all have to wear the fact that they didn't do better together.

I am still waiting on someone to explain away that Pistons shyt. That was the last straw for me. I had not choice but to acknowledge the truth. There is no way that you add a player of AI's caliber or rather his purported caliber and a perennial contender turns into first round fodder. It's not about shytting on the guy, it's about having perspective.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Since we can't compare prime AI to the current version of Wade then we cant count the season and a half that AI and Melo played together since AI wasn't quite in his prime anymore either. Plus Melo hasn't done anything at really since he has been in the league other than a conference finals appearance. So maybe that says as much for him as it does for him and Chuck not making any noise.

I'm no Melo apologist. I think they all deserve blame (Karl included). What about the rest of what I said though? Even in his prime I think AI would struggled to make an impact without dominating the ball and chucking.

mrken12

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Iverson easily. He had a starting lineup of Eric Snow, George Lynch, Tyrone Hill, and Theo Ratliff when he got to the Finals. :scusthov:

He scores points like it's nothing. :eat: