PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Though he just officially retired and just played in the NBA in 2010 the disrespect for his game and career is already starting. Cats act like he was average or some trash who just got numbers cause he shot a lot and was inefficient. Yet we praise someone like Russell Westbrook who shoots around the same percentage for his career but has the benefit of playing off a near 7'0 scoring machine. Though it was partly his fault I wonder how good AI would have been if he had a second option or was blessed with another superstar big man like players like Kobe and Wade were. Even with a diminished Chris Webber in the post he averaged 33 and 7 a game on 45 percent shooting which probably would have been the norm had he had a player like that for the prime of his career. And while he had his faults (just like other greats) he is still one of the all time greatest players in the NBA's history. And that should never be forgotten. With that said I think him and Wade are about even. Wade is a better defender (though I think Wade's d is overrated sometimes because of the blocks) and more efficient but AI was more explosive and could go off at any moment for 50. Not to mention AI had a little more individual success when comparing them on teams without another superstar like Shaq or Bron. And in my opinion if you put a prime AI on the Heat in place of Wade then they still got to 3 straight Finals. Especially with Bron setting him up and him not being afraid of the big moment.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:deadmanny:@you trying to turn numbers into a racial issue. stop the bullshyt, you know exactly why people call iverson a chucker.

I've only heard the T.V. brass refer to A.I. as a chucker. Where do you think posters on here get it from? Its only a handful of posters who actually watch basketball for real.

And what numbers are you referring too? Have you ever heard anyone refer to Jerry West as a chucker?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Though he just officially retired and just played in the NBA in 2010 the disrespect for his game and career is already starting. Cats act like he was average or some trash who just got numbers cause he shot a lot and was inefficient. Yet we praise someone like Russell Westbrook who shoots around the same percentage for his career but has the benefit of playing off a near 7'0 scoring machine. Though it was partly his fault I wonder how good AI would have been if he had a second option or was blessed with another superstar big man like players like Kobe and Wade were. Even with a diminished Chris Webber in the post he averaged 33 and 7 a game on 45 percent shooting which probably would have been the norm had he had a player like that for the prime of his career. And while he had his faults (just like other greats) he is still one of the all time greatest players in the NBA's history. And that should never be forgotten. With that said I think him and Wade are about even. Wade is a better defender (though I think Wade's d is overrated sometimes because of the blocks) and more efficient but AI was more explosive and could go off at any moment for 50. Not to mention AI had a little more individual success when comparing them on teams without another superstar like Shaq or Bron. And in my opinion if you put a prime AI on the Heat in place of Wade then they still got to 3 straight Finals. Especially with Bron setting him up and him not being afraid of the big moment.

The problem is people keep trying to make AI the GOAT this or GOAT that or better than this ATG or that ATG instead of just letting him be him. The reality is that he was inefficient. There is really no way around that. Are we really gonna act like Russ doesn't have his share of detractors and hasn't caught more than his fair share of shyt over his shot selection? Also AI played with a comparable scoring maching in Carmelo and they did nothing so can we stop the AI never had talent shyt. Don't even get me started on the Pistons debacle.

D. Wade has been injured and inconsistent and nowhere near prime D. Wade while Bron has been there (save the 2010 regular season) so why are you comparing him to prime AI? And I am not sold on any iteration of AI being able to function without dominating the ball.

As far as "individual success" goes, Shaq only averaged 13/10 in the 06 Finals compared to Dikembe's 17/12 in 2001. nikkas need to really let that 01 run go. AI didn't do anything that another elite wing couldn't have done, more efficiently. He had a great defensive team around him and he played in a weak conference. His derth of success when surrounded with more talent (Denver, Detroit) as well his derth of success going forward in Philly shyts all over the argument that he just needed more help/carried a team full of scrubs to the Finals.

Like I said before AI was a great player. If people could just leave it at that things would be much better.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dwayne Tyrone Wade and I love me some AI he just doesn't produce as much all around as wade.

So now we are comparing dudes with no rings to a guy with 3 sounds familiar doesn't it :troll:
If I can't compare bron to MJ at the time when it was 1-6 then get outta here with these 0-3 comparsions:lolbron:.

Daps
I've only heard the T.V. brass refer to A.I. as a chucker. Where do you think posters on here get it from? Its only a handful of posters who actually watch basketball for real.

And what numbers are you referring too? Have you ever heard anyone refer to Jerry West as a chucker?
:dahell: Jerry west is a career 47% shooter

AI had two years shooting under 40% :dead: one of them he averaged 30 on 27.8 shots a game :gag:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Didn't realize this was really a debate.

D Wade did get a ring young, but are we ready to put that up there with guys like Jordan or Hakeem leading their teams? No. It was nothing like that. I put that more on par with Chauncey Billups' Finals MVP. Plus he got mad help from the refs. Low key that wasn't even Wade's team. That was Shaq's team. Want evidence? Shaq nicknamed that nikka Flash and D Wade didn't like the nickname. Shaq said so the fukk what lil nikka, your name is Flash. :russ:

3rd year guys don't "lead" their team to chips. He was the new face of a franchise with a VETERAN squad. Not to take anything away, but let's just keep it in perspective.

You want more evidence? What did the Heat do after that chip? Got blown out by like 40 on ring night and never made it out of the 1st round again til Bron came to town. Now does that sound like a Jordanesque superstar to you? :usure:

That alone settles it. Iverson took a team of bums to the Finals, won MVP, more scoring titles. All this at under 6 feet.

To me, there's no debate. Wade that nikka but gimme AI all day.

BlackFeet

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
4G
Didn't realize this was really a debate.

D Wade did get a ring young, but are we ready to put that up there with guys like Jordan or Hakeem leading their teams? No. It was nothing like that. I put that more on par with Chauncey Billups' Finals MVP. Plus he got mad help from the refs. Low key that wasn't even Wade's team. That was Shaq's team. Want evidence? Shaq nicknamed that nikka Flash and D Wade didn't like the nickname. Shaq said so the fukk what lil nikka, your name is Flash. :russ:

3rd year guys don't "lead" their team to chips. He was the new face of a franchise with a VETERAN squad. Not to take anything away, but let's just keep it in perspective.

You want more evidence? What did the Heat do after that chip? Got blown out by like 40 on ring night and never made it out of the 1st round again til Bron came to town. Now does that sound like a Jordanesque superstar to you? :usure:

That alone settles it. Iverson took a team of bums to the Finals, won MVP, more scoring titles. All this at under 6 feet.

To me, there's no debate. Wade that nikka but gimme AI all day.

alonzo-mourning-heat-upset-then-realization.gif

Jesus

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NZ
Better debate is who is the better dresser of the two.

The 40 yr. old nikka with cornrows who dresses like its 03 or the nikka who rocks his girlfriend clothes and color coordinates with teammates.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The iverson dikkriding is product of single mother homes and some kind of fascination with him off the court
On the court prime Wade was a better play maker, defender, rebounder, shot blocker, and scored at a higher clip and i hate that jawed out fakkit

Iverson is the goat chucker and thats it

lets forget he plays in a era where its much easier to score and get to the rim right? and lets not talk about how Iverson's percentages shot way the hell up (in his 30's no less) once the rule changes came about and he had a team that had actual offensive talent on it right?

Iverson in todays league is a faster, smarter, better penetrating, better ballhandling, better shooting Derrick Rose who would be absolutely unstoppable 1 on 1

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dahell: Jerry west is a career 47% shooter

AI had two years shooting under 40% :dead: one of them he averaged 30 on 27.8 shots a game :gag:

LOL....Jerry is a member of the 20 points per game club......and the only cats in that club that gets labeled ball hogs\chuckers is Nique and Bubba Chuck(no pun intended)

And stop bringing up field goal percentage without the proper context....You acting like Wilt and Elgin Baylor didn't have anything to do with the logo's career 47%

Who was gon take shots on them Philly teams A.I. was on.....?? Who was gonna create they own shot??....Eric Snow? Ratliff? Mutombo? A washed up Kukoc? Ty Hill?

Matt Geiger? Who?

And a healthy T-Mac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than A.I. and D-Wade......Yeah I said it

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LOL....Jerry is a member of the 20 points per game club......and the only cats in that club that gets labeled ball hogs\chuckers is Nique and Bubba Chuck(no pun intended)

And stop bringing up field goal percentage without the proper context....You acting like Wilt and Elgin Baylor didn't have anything to do with the logo's career 47%

Who was gon take shots on them Philly teams A.I. was on.....?? Who was gonna create they own shot??....Eric Snow? Ratliff? Mutombo? A washed up Kukoc? Ty Hill?

Matt Geiger? Who?

And a healthy T-Mac>>>>>>>>>>>>>>than A.I. and D-Wade......Yeah I said it

nikkas actually brought up Jerry's fg%? :heh:

this nikka played in an era where they had things called "puncher's fouls" and played in uncomfortable ass converses and they wanna talk about fg% :deadrose:

and i agree, prime T-mac was basically a 6'8 better shooting, better ballhandling version of Kobe

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

what numbers? :aicmon:playing stupid isn't helping your case.

people call him a chucker because he was a super-high volume, low-efficiency type of scorer. they don't call jerry west a chucker because he didn't shoot as much and made his shots at a much higher rate.

and :comeon:@the bolded. laziest and emptiest argument ever.