PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you think Wade, Mckie, Eric Snow, Dalembart, and another bum... would make it to the finals? Let alone win a game against those lakers? c'mon!

Can we stop with this bullshyt? :comeon: The 6ers made it to the Finals on some lightning in a bottle shyt in an absolutely :scusthov: Eastern Conference. There is nothing AI did that year that Wade couldn't do, more efficiently I might add. Beyond that AI never, I repeat never, saw the second round again after that despite playing with more talent in Denver and Detroit. So let's just let that year be what it was, a lucky anamoly, and stop trying to act like AI and his 31 PPG on 26 shots is something that any elite wing and some not so elite ones couldn't pull off.

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
AS a Heat fan for MANY MANY years...D WADE is Way overrated as a defender...He gets weak side blocks and jumps passing lanes (Like AI). But as a Man to Man Defender...he gets torched on the regular
Still though...Wade is very disruptive on the defensive side. More than Iverson could hope to even though AI played passing lanes better than most.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He was not a chucker...Here's what i want you to do....List all great scores over the last 25-30 years who you would consider a chucker?

How about you find me one who has a worse shooting percentage over that time?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And they made the WCF as soon as they shipped out The Canswer. :manny:

Caught Hornets in the first and got hot....Clap for em....But what happened in 09......??? It was the standard fare from Karl and company....Another first round exit like always....It was going on before and A.I., and went on after A.I.

You can use 1 year to validate a body of work though...It is the internet of course

Daps
Reppin
NULL
How about you find me one who has a worse shooting percentage over that time?

So basically you're calling A.I. a chucker because that's how the white media referred to him.....???

And for me to find some shooting percentages in the proper context, you will have to give me some comparable players in comparable situations from his era...

We got to compare apples to apples

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Caught Hornets in the first and got hot....Clap for em....But what happened in 09......??? It was the standard fare from Karl and company....Another first round exit like always....It was going on before and A.I., and went on after A.I.

You can use 1 year to validate a body of work though...It is the internet of course

What about the Pistons though? Standard fare for them was 50+ wins and a CF appearance. AI gets there, demonstrates that he is pretty useless if he can't dominate the ball and chuck, and they instantly morph into 1st round fodder. You really think that if you replace Chauncey Billups with Wade that shyt happens? :usure:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
:laff: I love AI but this shyt is laughable the early 2000s Eastern Conference was a fukking joke. Wade is at WORST the 4th best SG of All time
huh, it was not a joke. raptors with vince missing that 3 at game 7 was a classic. the big three of the bucks took it to the sixers. those were 2 classic series right there.

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Chauncey arguably had a worse series against the lakers then iverson did n 08'.

It's funny how that works

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So basically you're calling A.I. a chucker because that's how the white media referred to him.....???

And for me to find some shooting percentages in the proper context, you will have to give me some comparable players in comparable situations from his era...

Iverson's poor shooting percentage is a myth perpetuated by the evil white media?:ohhh::stopitslime::snoop:
I love Iverson's heart, he was a warrior and he gave his all every night out, but he was also a chucker who struggled to succeed with other players who needed the ball and he put up a lot of shots while shooting poorly.

Compare 2001 AI (the year Philly went to the Finals) to 2001 T-mac. McGrady shot better from the field and from 3, took less shots, averaged less TOs and the same amount of assists while playing with a MUCH worse supporting cast.

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin

:deadmanny:@you trying to turn numbers into a racial issue. stop the bullshyt, you know exactly why people call iverson a chucker.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
With all due respect to Iverson there is no way i take him over a healthy Dwayne Wade