PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Yes I do. An actual answer would be appreciated.

If Dwight had prime D. Wades offensive game or anywhere near it he would be better than both by quite a distance.

Iverson was more dominant, more skilled, and is more likely to take control of a game. hes also quicker, a better ball-handler, better scorer, etc. wade is only better at rebounding & defending, which comes with the territory seeing that hes very much bigger than Iverson.

and I disagree with the 2nd statement. but with that said, I see your outlook on things, therefore we will probably never agree on things like this unless its an obvious choice.

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Dwayne Wade was better than Iverson :camby:
I hate how these washed out of the league nikkas get overrated on here because they took a million shots.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iverson was more dominant, more skilled, and is more likely to take control of a game. hes also quicker, a better ball-handler, better scorer, etc. wade is only better at rebounding & defending, which comes with the territory seeing that hes very much bigger than Iverson.

and I disagree with the 2nd statement. but with that said, I see your outlook on things, therefore we will probably never agree on things like this unless its an obvious choice.

What makes AI a better scorer? Shooting more shots doesn't make you a better scorer. He was certainly quicker and I'll give you handles but that's about it. EVERY other aspect of the game is advantage D. Wade.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
What makes AI a better scorer? Shooting more shots doesn't make you a better scorer. He was certainly quicker and I'll give you handles but that's about it. EVERY other aspect of the game is advantage D. Wade.

Iverson only put up more shots in philly because nobody else on the team could shoot. I don't know why yall keep repeating the "he shoots more shots" argument as if yall are actually making a point. as soon as he left philly, his shot attempts went down, and his field goal percentage went up. put wade on those sixers squads and its the same scenario with lesser results.

again, what other aspects does wade top Iverson in besides being bigger?:whistle:

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
even when wade had no one else on his team he didn't put up nearly as many shots as ai did. and he scored at much higher percentages. why do you keep asking what wade does better after people fully explained it 400 times in this thread? are you fukking remedial or something?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iverson only put up more shots in philly because nobody else on the team could shoot. I don't know why yall keep repeating the "he shoots more shots" argument as if yall are actually making a point. as soon as he left philly, his shot attempts went down, and his field goal percentage went up. put wade on those sixers squads and its the same scenario with lesser results.

again, what other aspects does wade top Iverson in besides being bigger?:whistle:

Because he didn't score as many points when he shot less and his best fg% isn't is good as Wade's so how is he a better scorer?

I clearly laid out how wade is better and you STILL haven't done that for AI.

:laff:at a bigger more versatile more unselfish player yeilding lesser results than 1st rd exits or 33 wins.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think AI better. There's something about Wade's game that just seems off. AI is the better scorer, better ballhandler, better uh....um...better passer, but Wade is a more willing passer...far more willing. Wade is a good rebounder for a G, a better finisher, but his jumper is still suspect, and his explosiveness is basically gone now. AI is a once in a lifetime talent, mostly for his relentlessness, speed, handle and Wade just has a game that never really seemed special. They're both overrated, Wade is more these days than AI.

Now which one of them would I want on my team? Neither, but if I had to pick one, there's NO WAY IN HELL I take AI. Denver was "you shot last time, so I'm taking this one". Webber was a 20, 10 & 5 the SAME EXACT season he was traded and AI effed up his game. Stack/Hughes, Big Dog was 20ppg season before coming to Philly...Van Horn had success before and after..he just couldn't play with any other scorer. One advantage Wade has over AI (maybe you want to blame being hurt most of the time), but Wade has learned to play off the ball very well last season. But Wade also had a team full of vets..All-Star/HOF vets (GP, Employee No. 8, Shaq, Zo, White Chocolate) and the refs for his first, and Bron for the next 2. Really they're both ranked under Clyde in my list

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
You AI stans disgust me. :scusthov:

I find your lack of faith disturbing...

tumblr_lu5npbt2HM1r5hzqbo1_500.gif

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
even when wade had no one else on his team he didn't put up nearly as many shots as ai did. and he scored at much higher percentages. why do you keep asking what wade does better after people fully explained it 400 times in this thread? are you fukking remedial or something?

you wouldn't dare call me "f*king remedial" to my face.

stop pulling chump moves behind a computer screen. especially when you weren't even in the conversation.

weird ass dude.

wade never had "no one else" on his team. he went to the lottery when he had shaq. and shaq was replaced by shawn marion. Iverson didn't even have a dorrell wright or ricky davis on those sixers teams.

Because he didn't score as many points when he shot less and his best fg% isn't is good as Wade's so how is he a better scorer?

I clearly laid out how wade is better and you STILL haven't done that for AI.

:laff:at a bigger more versatile more unselfish player yeilding lesser results than 1st rd exits or 33 wins.

sometimes you just gotta have a better understanding for the game. you cant just look at stats.

do you know how hard it is to even get a shot up in the nba? now imagine being under 6 feet and having your opponents' entire defensive gameplan focused on you night-in and night-out with no viable 2nd option to turn to.

Now which one of them would I want on my team? Neither, but if I had to pick one, there's NO WAY IN HELL I take AI. Denver was "you shot last time, so I'm taking this one". Webber was a 20, 10 & 5 the SAME EXACT season he was traded and AI effed up his game. Stack/Hughes, Big Dog was 20ppg season before coming to Philly...Van Horn had success before and after..he just couldn't play with any other scorer. One advantage Wade has over AI (maybe you want to blame being hurt most of the time), but Wade has learned to play off the ball very well last season. But Wade also had a team full of vets..All-Star/HOF vets (GP, Employee No. 8, Shaq, Zo, White Chocolate) and the refs for his first, and Bron for the next 2. Really they're both ranked under Clyde in my list
I cant rock with this part.

youre rewriting history on Denver. check those stat sheets homie. it wasnt just Iverson & Carmelo trading shots. that's a myth. in reality, there were AT LEAST 3 or 4 others getting off on a nightly basis. most of yall know darn well that yall weren't watching those Denver games. they were putting up more points with that squad than they did with Chauncey.

chris webber was :flabbynsick: when he got here. theres a reason why sacramento traded him to philly in exchange for a bag of chips.

same with these other dudes. robinson was past his prime. lol @ van horn. etc etc.

stack and Iverson couldn't co-exist. I give you that one tho. but I don't see how that's just Iverson's fault.

as for hughes, they worked together alright actually. THEY WERE THE FLIGHT BROTHERS. but hughes had to go if they were to move Iverson to SG.

Last edited:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sometimes you just gotta have a better understanding for the game. you cant just look at stats.

do you know how hard it is to even get a shot up in the nba? now imagine being under 6 feet and having your opponents' entire defensive gameplan focused on you night-in and night-out with no viable 2nd option to turn to.

That's actually my point. A bigger guy is going to have an easier time getting his shot off over people and finishing at the rim and actually be able to post guys up AND have more impact on defense and the boards. That's why I said when skills are close you take the bigger guy. When Wade was in the same boat he put up just as many points on fewer shots while playing an even better all around game. You can't separate a guy from his size. Your size has a pretty big impact on your game and your ability to impact the game. No way can a 5'10 160 lb guy impact the game as much as a 6'2 220 lb guy if they both have a similar level of skill. I am taking Wade over AI for the same reason I would take Lebron over D. Wade.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
That's actually my point. A bigger guy is going to have an easier time getting his shot off over people and finishing at the rim and actually be able to post guys up AND have more impact on defense and the boards. That's why I said when skills are close you take the bigger guy. When Wade was in the same boat he put up just as many points on fewer shots while playing an even better all around game. You can't separate a guy from his size. Your size has a pretty big impact on your game and your ability to impact the game. No way can a 5'10 160 lb guy impact the game as much as a 6'2 220 lb guy if they both have a similar level of skill. I am taking Wade over AI for the same reason I would take Lebron over D. Wade.

I think our differences here have nothing to do with Iverson, and have more to do with the fact that I don't hold wade in the same regard that you do.

I see where youre coming from and actually agree with your logic. this is one of the reasons why I rank kobe over Iverson. but wade isn't kobe, and he certainly isn't LeBron.

In terms of SGs, i put wade in a tier under the kobes and Iversons. I moreso see wade with the drexlers & richmonds, and I dont think I would even put wade over those two, to be real.

I think that's our real difference. I respect your stance tho. real spit.

Last edited: