PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iverson shot 34% in the series against the Bucks that year.

Wade wouldn't be able to replace that?

Does Wade get to bring the refs from the '06 Finals?
Does Iverson get to bring the refs from the 01 ECF?

Last edited:

Cliche

From Where?!?!
Daps
Reppin
Canada
Does Iverson get to bring the refs from the 01 ECF?

Iverson FTAs in the 01 ECF:

7, 8, 12, 6, 15, 7. 56 FTAs or 8 per game. He averaged 10.1 FTA per game that year.

Dwayne Wade FTAs in the 06 Finals:

10, 14, 18, 9, 25, 21. 97 FTAs or 13.9 per game. He averaged 10.7 FTA per game that year.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iverson FTAs in the 01 ECF:

7, 8, 12, 6, 15, 7. 56 FTAs or 8 per game. He averaged 10.1 FTA per game that year.

Dwayne Wade FTAs in the 06 Finals:

10, 14, 18, 9, 25, 21. 97 FTAs or 13.9 per game. He averaged 10.7 FTA per game that year.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4746227

Mutumbo shot 19 free throws in game 7.

If crooked NBA playoff series were heavyweight boxers, then the 2002 Western finals (Lakers-Kings) was George Foreman and the 2001 Eastern finals (Bucks-Sixers) was Earnie Shavers. Translation: People remember only George, but Earnie was almost as memorable. To briefly recap, Philly's wins in Games 1 and 4 swung on a controversial lane violation and two egregious no-calls. The Sixers finished with advantages of 186-120 in free throws, 12-3 in technicals and 5-0 in flagrant fouls. Glenn Robinson, one of Milwaukee's top-two scorers, didn't even attempt a free throw until Game 5. Bucks coach George Karl and star Ray Allen were fined a combined $85,000 after the series for claiming the NBA rigged it. In that game, Milwaukee's best big man, Scott Williams, was charged with a flagrant foul but not thrown out, only to be suspended, improbably, for Game 7.

The defining game: When Philly stole a must-win Game 4 in Milwaukee despite an atrocious performance from Iverson (10-for-32 shooting), helped by a 2-to-1 free-throw advantage and a host of late calls. How one-sided was it? When an official called a harmless touch foul to send Sam Cassell to the line with two seconds left and the Bucks trailing by seven (maybe the all-time we-need-to-pad-the-free-throw-stats-so-they-don't-seem-so-lopsided-afterward call), the subsequent sarcastic standing ovation nearly morphed into the first-ever sarcastic riot. And this was Milwaukee, the most easygoing city in the country! Nobody remembers this. The real loser was Allen, who exploded for 190 points in the series, including a record nine threepointers in do-or-die Game 6. Nobody remembers this, either. Even I didn't remember it. Crap.

http://assets.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2001/2001/0531/1208098.html

Bucks coach George Karl said conspiracy theories were "summer talk," although he claimed three other NBA coaches had called him after Game 5 to raise that very issue.

"Sam Cassell said that Kevin Garnett and Rod Strickland had called him, so it's out there," Karl said.

Cliche

From Where?!?!
Daps
Reppin
Canada
I thought this was about Wade and AI? Do I need to reference some old Caron Butler stats now or something?

Wow I could tell that was Simmons before I even clicked the link.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
D Wade was definitely a better defensive player tho :yeshrug:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I thought this was about Wade and AI?
Damn near every post in support of AI discusses the success of his team in 2001.

In support people talk about how much the team sucks to boost up AI, but discussing how weak the East was or how much assistance AI's team got, after someone mentions the assistance Wade's team got is off limits?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Wright was always on coach decisions because he was/is a bit of a space cadet even if I like him...his per minute numbers were unchanged. Riley played an old Penny over dude

Wade missed the playoffs one year, AI missed the playoffs half his career

And yes, Beasley who is about to be waived..Cmon breh

put Iverson on those wack sixers squads and he would miss the playoffs MOST of his career.

Beasley & wright's best play came immediately after leaving Miami. regardless of time on the court. i think theres a couple others too, that I cant remember.

What team?

The one that had Zo get hurt and miss the rest of the year in December?

The one where Wade missed damn near half the season and got put on the inactive list in March.

The one where Shaq got traded.

Riley effectively said fukk that season.

All Iverson being this great winner that guys like Kobe and Wade can't match is hilarious.

Dude won 18 games with a young Stackhouse and Derrick Coleman still putting up 18ppg.

What did Iverson do in 01 that couldn't have been done by Kobe or Wade?

they were getting their asses kick with wade and shaq on the court. they tanked midseason after the season was already a wash.

those sixers teams were trash. lol @ rookie/soph Stackhouse and :flabbynsick: derrick coleman.

Weren't they in the East when AI was there too? :heh:

:comeon: at the rest. Mutombo >>> any player on any of those squads so can we please stop acting like those 6ers were the worst squad ever.

Who cares how many games you win if you miss the playoffs? I can't believe you are actually riding with that silly point. :snoop: "Bu...bu...but he woulda made sure they at least won 25 games when they missed the playoffs." :heh:

like who?

lol @ :old: mutombo. whats next? we gonna mention chris Webber's stint in philly now too?:laff:

theres a difference between missing the playoffs and being one of the worst teams in the league. BIG DIFFERENCE.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
The disrespect of 2001 Mutombo is getting ridiculous now, he was by far the best center in the East that year

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
But you're bigging up Beasley and Dorrell Wright :beli:

I wouldnt refer to what I said about them as "bigging them up".

youre trying to mesh 2 different conversations/arguments together.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
I wouldnt refer to what I said about them as "bigging them up".

youre trying to mesh 2 different conversations/arguments together.
nikka stop lying, Beasley had a horrible year in Minnesota after leaving Miami, nikka averaged like 14 pts on 41% or some shyt, foh, stop making shyt up while nikkas are hitting u with facts. Dorell Wright had a great last year with Miami and prior to that he was not getting PT, not Wades fault, Wade pushed for Wright to get playing time for a while. Wright was very solid the year he played consistantly with Wade. Who else???? Jermain O'neal was horrible after Miami, Shawn Marion played well with Miami and fell off after that. Bibby fell off the map, Chris Quinn, Dequan Cook could not even shoot after Miami, ect........

PLEASE TELL ME WHO THE fukk GOT BETTER, nikkaS ACTUALLY GOT WORSE

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
nikka stop lying, Beasley had a horrible year in Minnesota after leaving Miami, nikka averaged like 14 pts on 41% or some shyt, foh, stop making shyt up while nikkas are hitting u with facts. Dorell Wright had a great last year with Miami and prior to that he was not getting PT, not Wades fault, Wade pushed for Wright to get playing time for a while. Wright was very solid the year he played consistantly with Wade. Who else???? Jermain O'neal was horrible after Miami, Shawn Marion played well with Miami and fell off after that. Bibby fell off the map, Chris Quinn, Dequan Cook could not even shoot after Miami, ect........

PLEASE TELL ME WHO THE fukk GOT BETTER, nikkaS ACTUALLY GOT WORSE

Beasley balled out when he 1st got to Minnesota. he fell off the map when love went on his run tho.

a "great" last year? talk about an overstatement. and wright played better when he left wade.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol @ :old: mutombo. whats next? we gonna mention chris Webber's stint in philly now too?:laff:

theres a difference between missing the playoffs and being one of the worst teams in the league. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Take a look at some of those other guys rosters when their teams were struggling. You taking Pat Garrity over Mutombo? You taking Chris Mihm or Smush Parker over Mutombo? How about :flabbynsick: to the 10th power Ewing or Dream?

I gotta admit...you got me with the last part. I'm pretty sure AI going 10-30 and being a defensive liability would have propelled those Heat to at least 30 wins. That's all that team was missing was an undersized chucker in place of Wade. :rudy:/:comeon:/:/:laff: I really hope you are trolling because that is one of the worst arguments I have ever heard. "I am taking AI because you are guaranteed to only gonna miss the playoffs by 10 games with him" :laff: :laff: :laff: