PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let's stop with the team hypotheticals for a second.

Wade's defensive ability >>>>>>>> AI's. If you wanna say AI is a better offensive player, cool. But the gap between them defensively is significantly bigger than whatever gap there is offensively.

And that's not even true. All AI ever did is take more shots.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
dog, did you watch the team? they were clearly done by '07. Iverson played the '09 season. rasheed retired in 2010. hamilton was hitting his downside. tayshaun was basically the 5th dog when they won the title. their point guard and center weren't on the team when Iverson got there.

no the hell those other SGs didn't do what Iverson did. put kobe or wade on those mid-00s sixers teams, and they get top 5 picks for like 2 years str8. did wade even win 20 games in 2008? and it looked bad seeing numerous players do better after leaving Miami. and we already see how kobe struggled to make the playoffs with caron butler & lamar odom on his team. twice. the proof is already in the pudding. theres no arguing. then theres other primetime SGs that got knocked out by Iverson's squads, despite having better teams behind them(ray allen).

I think we're in agreement about the nuggets pissing away a handful of games.
like who?

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
like who?
wright, Beasley and a couple others.

Yeah I watched the whole run. There was a noticeable dropoff when AI arrived. They halfassed their way to 59 wins and another trip to the CF the year prior. He was supposed to replace that pg and provide a lift and was unwilling/unable.

:comeon: Did you see the squads that Kobe, TMac, Wade dragged into the playoffs? There is nothing he did on the court that they didn't. :usure: AI wouldve done much better in Wades spot in 07? I know he wouldn't have in any other season. :laff: at comparing the quality of seasons where teams missed the playoffs.

59 wins against mostly eastern conference teams. I loved that team, but the drop occurred in '07. I knew it was over when LeBron darn near single-handedly gave them the :flabbynsick: treatment.

kobe, tmac & wade all had better players around them than the '01 sixers.....and when they didn't, they didn't make the playoffs at all.

you mean wade in '08? no way Iverson wins 20 or less games on that team.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
no the hell those other SGs didn't do what Iverson did. put kobe or wade on those mid-00s sixers teams, and they get top 5 picks for like 2 years str8.
acq8Uuaq

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper

59 wins against mostly eastern conference teams. I loved that team, but the drop occurred in '07. I knew it was over when LeBron darn near single-handedly gave them the :flabbynsick: treatment.

kobe, tmac & wade all had better players around them than the '01 sixers.....and when they didn't, they didn't make the playoffs at all.

Wright was always on coach decisions because he was/is a bit of a space cadet even if I like him...his per minute numbers were unchanged. Riley played an old Penny over dude

Wade missed the playoffs one year, AI missed the playoffs half his career

And yes, Beasley who is about to be waived..Cmon breh

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What team?

The one that had Zo get hurt and miss the rest of the year in December?

The one where Wade missed damn near half the season and got put on the inactive list in March.

The one where Shaq got traded.

Riley effectively said fukk that season.

All Iverson being this great winner that guys like Kobe and Wade can't match is hilarious.

Dude won 18 games with a young Stackhouse and Derrick Coleman still putting up 18ppg.

What did Iverson do in 01 that couldn't have been done by Kobe or Wade?

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so pretty much everyone agrees Iverson was better on offense. Wades better on defense, right?:manny:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Weren't they in the East when AI was there too? :heh:

:comeon: at the rest. Mutombo >>> any player on any of those squads so can we please stop acting like those 6ers were the worst squad ever.

Who cares how many games you win if you miss the playoffs? I can't believe you are actually riding with that silly point. :snoop: "Bu...bu...but he woulda made sure they at least won 25 games when they missed the playoffs." :heh:

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
you think Wade, Mckie, Eric Snow, Dalembart, and another bum... would make it to the finals? Let alone win a game against those lakers? c'mon!

that "other" bum would be Tyrone Hill

lol.. that team was built on defense & speed

I'd say Wade would definetly get into the playoffs with them but not to the finals

because he wouldn't have been able to do what AI was doing in that playoffs.. he was SUPERMAN

Last edited:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that "other" bum would be Tyrone Hill

lol.. that team was built on defense & speed

I'd say Wade would definetly get into the playoffs with them but not to the finals

because he wouldn't have been able to do what AI was doing in that playoffs.. he was SUPERMAN
He averaged 33ppg on 39% in 46mpg that post season.

The vid you posted was game 5.

Game 4 he shot 10-30 in a win.

Game 6 he shot 6-24, they lost.

In 2010, against a Boston team that would've dominated the East if they were transported to 01, Wade put up 33ppg on 54% in 42mpg.

Flight

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
KC
Wade was better & I was a huge AI fan growing up.