PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Real talk, 01 Mutombo is better than and center last season maybe outside of Duncan and Iverson stans are like "ummmm yeah mutombo was aight i guess"

Do you watch basketball ? Of course not, your name is A1shiznit, you are corny as fukk just based off your name prolly still rockin 3x pink tall tees n shyt fukk outta here with any grown man conversations on this forum

Wade and Iverson are both 2 of the best basketball players of all time. Wade is overall better , but yall shyttin on iverson tryin to big up his horrible team mates if yall watched basketball back then and not just google stats cause yall obviously too young to remember or just started watchin recently yall would know his team mates was pure :trash:

Yall talkin about awards n shyt ?? Mutombo got ABUSED by Shaq in the finals. How a DPOY get ABUSED an ENTIRE series ?? "Shaq got size tho" yeah but Mutombo was DPOY right ?? :stopitslime:

Yall should know awards in the NBA mean NOTHING. MARC GASOL JUST GOT DPOY BUT DIDNT MAKE 1ST ALL DEFENSIVE TEAM :pachaha:

6th man of the year award ?? they HAD to give him that award they were a 1 seed his stats were inflated cause the rest of the squad was also garbage its no different than Dwight Howard (who was 1st team all defensive last year even though he wasnt DPOY :dead:) scoring 17 PPG last season, SOMEONE has to score EVENTUALLY.

that team was GARBAGE and Allen Iverson the GOAT small player that will ever grace a NBA court abused yall beloved lakers somethin bad in the finals its a damn shame his 6th man of the year and also defensive player of the year also didnt show up in the finals.. cause they wasnt shyt (mutombo was way past his prime)

how yall gonna big up that squad... knowin full damn well that none of those players outside of AI went on to have a good career PERIOD

MaLi

Pro
Daps
At no point was Wade EVER a better off the ball player than Iverson :stopitslime: in fact i'd be willing to bet he scored MORE off the ball then he did on the ball throughout his entire career.

I can see the argument from the other side, but I disagree. But lets pretend we agree that AI is without a doubt better off the ball than Wade--- Wade as an overall player at his prime>AI at his prime

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
It's funny how the fact that Eric Snow was an ELITE defensive PG, George Lynch was a good defensive player, Tyrone HIll was a very good rebounder/defensive player, and Mt. Mutombo was a BEAST on defense is all getting thrown out the window in order to make it seem like Iverson was surrounded by nothing.

Especially when Aaron McKie was the 6th Man of the Year and could score/pass/rebound/defense/shoot as well.

No, McKie wasnt gonna start, because him and AI played the same position and McKie couldnt play defense at the defensive level of an Eric Snow......but if you were really watching basketball like you claim you've been since 1985, then you would remember that 01 Sixers team.

Larry Brown surrounded his inefficient chucker with unselfish, defense-minded players.....and it worked. AI could NOT win without him dominating the ball on offense and he was not that eager to pass the ball. Combining that with the fact that he was a 6'0 160lbs SG made him a liability on defense as well. All he did very well was play the passing lane on defense.
this revisionist bullshyt is out of control on here. list some guards who were more efficient than allen iverson that year for me.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Iverson gets my vote.

ive always said that wade is a bit overrated on here.

meanwhile, Iverson is underrated because a lot of these posters grew up listening to their racist dads & uncles bash Iverson.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
this revisionist bullshyt is out of control on here. list some guards who were more efficient than allen iverson that year for me.
Bryant
McGrady
Carter
Allen
Marbury
Payton
Spreewell

The only guards less efficient in the ASG that year were ason Kidd and Jerry Stackhouse, who was on a crazy shooting spree.

Efficiency doesn't tell the whole story with AI, but that Sixers team was built to have him shoot and everyone else play defense.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
iverson been gone for 6 years and the sixers still play struggle ball on the offensive side of the court.

and they were playing struggle ball years before iverson got there.

dontreadthis

philly.
Daps
Bryant
McGrady
Carter
Allen
Marbury
Payton
Spreewell

The only guards less efficient in the ASG that year were ason Kidd and Jerry Stackhouse, who was on a crazy shooting spree.

Efficiency doesn't tell the whole story with AI, but that Sixers team was built to have him shoot and everyone else play defense.
any of these nikkas leading that sixers team to the nba finals? that's what I'm getting at.

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Real talk, 01 Mutombo is better than and center last season maybe outside of Duncan and Iverson stans are like "ummmm yeah mutombo was aight i guess"

what the hell does that prove?

what good does that do in 2001? this isn't nba2k. we're not pitting the '01 sixers against a 2013 team.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do people cling to that serendipitous run in 2001 as proof of something? I could see if they were on some Spurs shyt and regularly contended with one great player but it was a one year run that didn't even end in a championship and nikkas are acting like it proves something about AI's impact. I guess the rest of his career where he only made it past the 1st round one time isn't relevant to this discussion if you wanna hang team success (or lack thereof) on the individual right? Why didn't he just carry bums to the Finals in 02 or 03 or once CWebb came to town or once he hooked up with Melo or once he hooked up with a championship core in Detroit? You can't credit him for "carrying a bunch of bums to the Finals" and then play the teammates card for the rest of his career. It's not about shytting on AI it's about calling it how it is. A lot of cats can't get past their grade school memories and just acknowledge the guy for who he was. Why is this even a question. If you have two guys of comparable ability how is the guy who is bigger and able to more things not clearly better?

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can see the argument from the other side, but I disagree. But lets pretend we agree that AI is without a doubt better off the ball than Wade--- Wade as an overall player at his prime>AI at his prime

He scored far more off transition/picks/pindowns/whatever screens you can name/turnovers/ than he ever did on the ball. Your entitled to your opinion tho man

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Why do people cling to that serendipitous run in 2001 as proof of something? I could see if they were on some Spurs shyt and regularly contended with one great player but it was a one year run that didn't even end in a championship and nikkas are acting like it proves something about AI's impact. I guess the rest of his career where he only made it past the 1st round one time isn't relevant to this discussion if you wanna hang team success (or lack thereof) on the individual right? Why didn't he just carry bums to the Finals in 02 or 03 or once CWebb came to town or once he hooked up with Melo or once he hooked up with a championship core in Detroit? You can't credit him for "carrying a bunch of bums to the Finals" and then play the teammates card for the rest of his career. It's not about shytting on AI it's about calling it how it is. A lot of cats can't get past their grade school memories and just acknowledge the guy for who he was. Why is this even a question. If you have two guys of comparable ability how is the guy who is bigger and able to more things not clearly better?

wheres all this Dwayne wade playoff success outside of playing with shaq and bron/bosh and playing in the worst conference in history?

lol @ Detroit having a championship core in 2009.

Daps
wheres all this Dwayne wade playoff success outside of playing with shaq and bron/bosh and playing in the worst conference in history?

lol @ Detroit having a championship core in 2009.

Are you saying wade was playing in the worst conference in history? cause I'm pretty sure that's the east circa AI's prime (early 2000s until the pistons blew up, it was still weak after that but 2000-04 was a low point).

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Are you saying wade was playing in the worst conference in history? cause I'm pretty sure that's the east circa AI's prime (early 2000s until the pistons blew up, it was still weak after that but 2000-04 was a low point).

meh. those mid-late '00s years were the worst.

sub-500 teams making the playoffs and so-so teams having home court in the first round(wade's heat being one of them. twice I believe).

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
I'm pushing it? Look at the names you just tried to pass as serviceable NBA players. Haslem was the only other guy doing anything on defense.
The people on top were good/great defenders, the ones on the bottom were the good shooters on the team

I'm just trying to show that the team wasn't good at "nothing" as you suggested.

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL