PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=8149373&wjb=&pg=1&lang=ES
Rule No.3: If you get rid of his friends, cover your ears. It came to a head when the team released his pal Vernon Maxwell this season. A despondent Iverson went storming to Brown to say, "All my best friends are released or traded," which Brown denied to his face. "I said, 'Vernon isn't gone because he was close to you,'" Brown says. "But Allen said, 'What about Stackhouse?' And then he himself said, 'No, you're right, I couldn't have played with Stackhouse.' And then he said, 'Larry Hughes!' And then he said, 'Oh, you're right, I knew Larry had to leave because he and I play the same position.' And then all that stuff stopped."

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/12/19/s...-send-stackhouse-and-montross-to-pistons.html
Iverson said he and Stackhouse were beginning to get a feel for each other, but admitted that a trade was probably for the best.
"Stack's a great basketball player, but the situation he's in is probably better for him now," Iverson said. "It's a better situation for us."

You're proving my point..........and you don't even know it

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
Peter Vecsey said:
It's funny how the fact that Eric Snow was an ELITE defensive PG, George Lynch was a good defensive player, Tyrone HIll was a very good rebounder/defensive player, and Mt. Mutombo was a BEAST on defense is all getting thrown out the window in order to make it seem like Iverson was surrounded by nothing.

Especially when Aaron McKie was the 6th Man of the Year and could score/pass/rebound/defense/shoot as well.

No, McKie wasnt gonna start, because him and AI played the same position and McKie couldnt play defense at the defensive level of an Eric Snow......but if you were really watching basketball like you claim you've been since 1985, then you would remember that 01 Sixers team.

Larry Brown surrounded his inefficient chucker with unselfish, defense-minded players.....and it worked. AI could NOT win without him dominating the ball on offense and he was not that eager to pass the ball. Combining that with the fact that he was a 6'0 160lbs SG made him a liability on defense as well. All he did very well was play the passing lane on defense.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's funny how the fact that Eric Snow was an ELITE defensive PG, George Lynch was a good defensive player, Tyrone HIll was a very good rebounder/defensive player, and Mt. Mutombo was a BEAST on defense is all getting thrown out the window in order to make it seem like Iverson was surrounded by nothing.

Especially when Aaron McKie was the 6th Man of the Year and could score/pass/rebound/defense/shoot as well.

No, McKie wasnt gonna start, because him and AI played the same position and McKie couldnt play defense at the defensive level of an Eric Snow......but if you were really watching basketball like you claim you've been since 1985, then you would remember that 01 Sixers team.

Larry Brown surrounded his inefficient chucker with unselfish, defense-minded players.....and it worked. AI could NOT win without him dominating the ball on offense and he was not that eager to pass the ball. Combining that with the fact that he was a 6'0 160lbs SG made him a liability on defense as well. All he did very well was play the passing lane on defense.

Nothing of worth said in this post that hasn't been already stated in this thread......and refuted.....but carry on sir.......carry on indeed......

And yes....since 85.....Looking fondly back on my uncle collecting a 500 dollar bet on the Lakers.........He bought us a hot cable box and a descrambler........:ahh:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You're proving my point..........and you don't even know it

You put Iverson's lack of surrounding offensive talent on the "flawed" thinking of Larry Brown, ignoring that Iverson agreed with thinking and also ignoring that Iverson's best team success came with defensive minded role players and not with other good/great offensive talents.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You put Iverson's lack of surrounding offensive talent on the "flawed" thinking of Larry Brown, ignoring that Iverson agreed with thinking and also ignoring that Iverson's best team success came with defensive minded role players and not with other good/great offensive talents.

What positions do Stack and Hughes play?

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
Real talk, 01 Mutombo is better than and center last season maybe outside of Duncan and Iverson stans are like "ummmm yeah mutombo was aight i guess"

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
AI's team was trash on offense, but they were the best defensive team in the league. Look up the Heat's roster in 09, it was utter trash in every respect.
Ok now you're pushing it...JO, Chalmers, Marion for half the season, Joel Anthony (joke on offense but good on defense) and Haslem.

That team had great/good defenders around Wade too and shooters like Quinn, Cook, Beasley, Moon, Chalmers, and JJ.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
AI>Wade when it comes to shooting and ball handling.
Wade>AI when it comes to playing off the ball,

At no point was Wade EVER a better off the ball player than Iverson :stopitslime: in fact i'd be willing to bet he scored MORE off the ball then he did on the ball throughout his entire career.

Real talk, 01 Mutombo is better than and center last season maybe outside of Duncan and Iverson stans are like "ummmm yeah mutombo was aight i guess"

folyro.png

Duncan wasn't even the best center last year guy

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Ok now you're pushing it...JO, Chalmers, Marion for half the season, Joel Anthony (joke on offense but good on defense) and Haslem.

That team had great/good defenders around Wade too and shooters like Quinn, Cook, Beasley, Moon, Chalmers, and JJ.

I'm pushing it? Look at the names you just tried to pass as serviceable NBA players. Haslem was the only other guy doing anything on defense.