PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
T-Mac's best shooting days (45%) came with Jack Vaughn and Darrell Armstrong, he never shot better than 43% w/Yao.
Vince shot better with Alvin Williams as his pg than he ever did w/J Kidd.
Kobe shot better with Brian Cook, Kwame Brown and Smush Parker than he did with Shaq, Malone and GP

My examples were over years.....Not isolated seasons where the teams were barely making the playoffs....

Reference my post regarding FG% and bad teams......

The year Kobe was with Smush and Kwame, did they make the playoffs? I can't remember....

T-Mac in Houston was bad back T Mac

Can't remember Vince.......But if you'd like....I can probably easily come up with about 25-30 examples if I get my uncles involved dating back to 1975..

I just might do that

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
My understanding of that post was he was saying AI had a team of better defenders than Wade. That is a matter of opinion and my response was that of a rhetorical nature to get him to further make his point. Lets not be remedial friends.

EDIT: @Steele you got any stats to prove the Sixers were one of the better defensive teams during that period? I dont disagree Wade had a trash 09 squad btw, but i dont exactly remember the 76ers being defensive juggernauts during the AI years either.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/PHI/2001.html

5th in opponents PPG
5th in opponents FG%
6th in opponents 3PT%
4th in rebounding differential
5th in defensive rating

Theo Ratliff was out there getting 3.7 blocks per game and Dikembe won Defensive Player of the Year

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well. In all honestly, I think its best that we clarify if Mutombo was an all star as a 76er and go from there.....
:beli:

Mutumbo played in the all-star game as a member of the Hawks on Feb, 11. On Feb 23 he was traded to the Sixers.

So after being traded he's no longer considered an all-star? Did Iverson not have another member of that year's all-star team on his roster going into the playoffs?

Should we now start saying that Iverson didn't have the DPOY on this team since Mutumbo was on the team for less than half of the year?

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My examples were over years.....Not isolated seasons where the teams were barely making the playoffs....

Reference my post regarding FG% and bad teams......

The year Kobe was with Smush and Kwame, did they make the playoffs? I can't remember....

T-Mac in Houston was bad back T Mac

Can't remember Vince.......But if you'd like....I can probably easily come up with about 25-30 examples if I get my uncles involved dating back to 1975..

I just might do that

Yep, Lakers made playoffs in the West both years

T-Mac shot 43% (worse than best years in Orlando) first year w/Rockets/Yao pre-back injuries.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps

Mutumbo played in the all-star game as a member of the Hawks on Feb, 11. On Feb 23 he was traded to the Sixers.

So after being traded he's no longer considered an all-star? Did Iverson not have another member of that year's all-star team on his roster going into the playoffs?

Should we now start saying that Iverson didn't have the DPOY on this team since Mutumbo was on the team for less than half of the year?

Iverson fans always grasp at straws and "create" arguments to validate why AI was the best.

Bottomline is he was a ballhogging, inefficient, undersized SG that could get "hot"....Wade is a more talented player and it's not really debatable:manny:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When did I explicitly say this?

He shot about 45% in Denver.....What's bad about that?

He looked good with C Webb on the elbow...

I said he has to dominate the ball...Not that he couldn't co exist with the right players who could actually play...

Mike had to dominate....So did Kobe......

And if you don't think that James Worthy fg% going down after 1991 had nothing to do with Magic retiring then I don't know what to tell ya.

If you don't think Lebron spiking from 48% to about 53% when he got to Miami then I don't know what to tell ya...

If you think D Wade going from about 48% to about 52% after King James arrival I don't know what to tell ya

What did Kevin Durant so called FG% look like after Russy went down.....?

Chris Mullin sure did have his best shooting years when Run TMC was together....

I can do this for days btw

:russ: at the semantics. You aren't gonna deny that saying it you are just gonna deny explicitly saying it? :heh:

You're right about that part.....A.I. had to have the ball to be highly effective....I thought he would have tweaked his game when he got to Denver because it would have benefitted the team greatly if Nene would have been the second leading scorer behind Melo. With the type of game A.I. had, he could have set Nene up easily, but A.I. did his own thing mostly...

Playing off the ball is huge and that is the best thing that D Wade has over A.I. and is the singular thing that made A.I hard to coach....

But as a pure basketball specimen......I'm rolling with A.I. over D Wade 9 times out of 10....

This is the post I was referencing BTW.

Are you really comparing nikkas shooting damn near 50% to a nikka shooting 40%? :comeon: I have already explicitly acknowledged that having quality teammates is gonna help your FG%. You shouldn't need quality teammates to shoot >>> 40% if you are an elite scorer though.

As he got older Mike transitioned into almost playing like a big man...letting Pip bring the ball up and set up the offense while he got into post position. Kobe was beasting playing off the ball early last season. To be fair he is probably just as stubborn as AI and probably would have his share of issues co-existing with another perimeter scorer, however he is also 7 inches taller and 40-60 lbs heavier and able to influence the game in ways other than scoring and even with those sucky squads he played with and all the shots he took he managed to shoot a comparable percentage to his years with Shaq. Both Bron and Wade were willing/able to alter their ball dominant ways in order to win together. If they hand't I would be shytting on them both and the teammates pass would be revoked for them as well.

havoc

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Live your own life
Because he rarely guards is equal. Even when it was "HIS" Team...he would guard the guy least likely to score...So he can focus on offense.
:bryan:Why are you spewing nonsense!! Wade has guarded the best players on the opposing on many occasions. Wade played defense on Kobe on 4 straight quarters. Let us not forget how he shut down Russell for three straight quarters in game 2 of the NBA finals. He has slowed down Rose in the Eastern Conference Finals but the media gave all the credit to Lebron. Play defense exceptionally well whether it is man on man or off ball defense. There isn't many wing players in the league that can play elite defense like Wade.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Unfortunately playing SG is not a bullying game in the NBA. That's reserved for 4s and 5s. If D Wade does weigh 230 and comes in this season at 230 at the age of 33, I expect him to have a season ending injury before the playoffs.....

But what's more than likely gonna happen is that D Wade will come in at 210 and play under 30 minutes a game
I'd argue that it is the way SGs are being used today and the way Wade plays basketball. Yeah, it leads to injuries but that's why he's effective. He is very hard to stop when rolling to the basketball off PnR and can post just about any guard in the league.

As for his weight: http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/10513/how-wade-big-three-stayed-big-in-lockout

He was 231 in 2011. His trainer wanted him above 225 at all times.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

You didn't answer the rest of my post playboy........

Google really can't answer it for you....
:russ: at the semantics. You aren't gonna deny that saying it you are just gonna deny explicitly saying it? :heh:

This is the post I was referencing BTW.

Are you really comparing nikkas shooting damn near 50% to a nikka shooting 40%? :comeon: I have already explicitly acknowledged that having quality teammates is gonna help your FG%. You shouldn't need quality teammates to shoot >>> 40% if you are an elite scorer though.

As he got older Mike transitioned into almost playing like a big man...letting Pip bring the ball up and set up the offense while he got into post position. Kobe was beasting playing off the ball early last season. To be fair he is probably just as stubborn as AI and probably would have his share of issues co-existing with another perimeter scorer, however he is also 7 inches taller and 40-60 lbs heavier and able to influence the game in ways other than scoring and even with those sucky squads he played with and all the shots he took he managed to shoot a comparable percentage to his years with Shaq. Both Bron and Wade were willing/able to alter their ball dominant ways in order to win together. If they hand't I would be shytting on them both and the teammates pass would be revoked for them as well.

No Semantics at all........Mike had to dominate the ball..........And Mike was in the triangle.........Kobe had to dominate the ball........And Kobe was in the triangle..........

Having to dominate the ball and not being able to play with other offensive players is 2 different things....:snoop:

You get offensive players that compliments your star....ie Gasol.......or a defensive minded Pippen who could get to he basket if need be....and guard 3-4 positions on the other end.....

Larry Brown flaw was in thinking that A.I. wouldn't need a complimentary offensive player and surrounded him with defensive minded players first....