PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You shoudln't need the right kind of talent to put up a decent percentage. You need the right of talent to win games and compete for titles but it shouldn't take a certain level of talent for you to shoot at a decent clip. Obviously better teammates will boost you percentage but if you are a great scorer you should be able to shoot at a decent rate no matter who is around you.

Obviously he would be looked at in a different light if he walked into a better situation (by the small-minded among us of course) from jump however he didnt' do himself any favors either.

Untrue

FG% is meaningless without context....If you're on a bad team getting blowed out then buckets come easier, but that doesn't justify a performance
I can get out there right now and average 2.4 points on 48% shooting for the Hornets......Aint nobody worried about checking me cause they gon shut us down in the middle of the 3rd anyway

....If you're on a decent squad and you're the only one that's able to create their own shot and their is no one to stretch the D then guess what.....

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Untrue

FG% is meaningless without context....If you're on a bad team getting blowed out then buckets come easier, but that doesn't justify a performance
I can get out there right now and average 2.4 points on 48% shooting for the Hornets......Aint nobody worried about checking me cause they gon shut us down in the middle of the 3rd anyway

....If you're on a decent squad and you're the only one that's able to create their own shot and their is no one to stretch the D then guess what.....
You're really overrating the effect of teammates on shooting percentage.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/MIA/2009.html

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll take prime 2000 Shaq over almost anyone.

Players outsized for their position have a better chance at being successful IMO. Out of my top 10, the only undersized player for their era is Hakeem.

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Russell are all big for their position and LeBron is as well.

Wade at 6'4" 230lb is no lightweight. He can bully most SGs.

I can see people saying Iverson was better because he had to compensate for his lack of body size but in the big picture, he's not as easy to build around and not as versatile at things on both sides of the floor as Wade beacuse of it.

Unfortunately playing SG is not a bullying game in the NBA. That's reserved for 4s and 5s. If D Wade does weigh 230 and comes in this season at 230 at the age of 33, I expect him to have a season ending injury before the playoffs.....

But what's more than likely gonna happen is that D Wade will come in at 210 and play under 30 minutes a game

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Maybe you don't need the right talent to shoot a high percentage but you need elite talent to win and he never had that for much of his prime which is basically the point I've been trying to get at in these threads comparing AI to other players.

That's my whole point :heh:. I clearly stated in that post you quoted (as well as numerous times in other threads) that you need the right guys to win. I have also stated numerous times that people need to stop comparing him to these other guys and just rate him on his own merits.

Untrue

FG% is meaningless without context
....If you're on a bad team getting blowed out then buckets come easier, but that doesn't justify a performance

As is PPG and most other stats. If you are elite at something, which people are claiming AI was, then it doesn't matter who is out their with you, you will convert at an elite rate, period. There is nothing elite about shooting 40% no matter how you slice it.

And for the billionth time he had trouble co-existing with other guys that could create their own shot, you even acknowledged this yourself. Therefore he can't get he teammates pass.

LebronsHairline

AKA Chief Green Leaf
Daps
Reppin
NULL
in 2008 at 28 years old still in his prime/peak Kobe put up 28 a game and shot just under 46% from the field

2 years earlier at 33 years old with some semblance of offensive talent on his team Iverson put up just under 27 a game and shot 46% from field and by this point it was already clear that he lost a step with his busted knees/wrist. But yeah, Iverson was nothing but an inefficient chucker :stopitslime:

This thread shows who watched basketball seriously during the 2000's era and who didn't

MaLi

Pro
Daps
AI>Wade when it comes to shooting and ball handling.
Wade>AI when it comes to playing off the ball, offensive rebounding, scoring in the post, and hes a better passer. People that casually watch ball or religiously stan players only look for how much points were dropped, and how pretty did it look.

They're about equal when it comes to getting in the lane. AI was quicker, but Wade was just below AIs tier of quickness, plus Wade had more size and strength.

Wade>>>>>AI on defense and its not really an argument.

Wade is a better teammate and won ships as both the leader and 2nd guy. He sacrificed his role and money. People forget that Dwade was pretty much a smaller, 2guard version of Bron until 10/11 season.

Even in year 1 of the MIA big 3, Wade was considered by non Kobe fans and non heat haters, as the 2nd-3rd best 2 way player in the L.

Wade>>>>AI

Ben.

Heisenbrook
Daps
Reppin
Orlando, FL
Mofukkas really think AI better than Wade? Damn go watch some games and it's always these "Look at these youngins that never watched AI" dudes. foh here with that ignorance :snoop:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
I remember when wade dropped like 50 and 15 on Iverson. it was his 2nd or third year if im not mistaken.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps
Iverson in 01

31.4/4.6/3.8 2.5 steals 25 shots a game

51.5 TS% 106 offensive rating 99 defensive rating 35.9 USG%

Wade in 09

30.5/7.5/5 2.2 steals 1.3 blocks 22 shots a game

57.4 TS% 115 offensive rating 105 defensive rating 36.2 USG%

Both of them were their team's entire offense in their primes, and Wade put up almost as many points on less shots and was far more efficient. He also shat on AI as a playmaker and rebounder. His overall contribution to the offense was way bigger. AI had a better defensive rating because of the good defenders around him, while Wade was playing with shyt. 09 was the season Wade was approaching MJ levels of blocks+steals and was flying around the court like a madman.

Wade takes this easily.