PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Iverson in 01

31.4/4.6/3.8 2.5 steals 25 shots a game

51.5 TS% 106 offensive rating 99 defensive rating 35.9 USG%

Wade in 09

30.5/7.5/5 2.2 steals 1.3 blocks 22 shots a game

57.4 TS% 115 offensive rating 105 defensive rating 36.2 USG%

Both of them were their team's entire offense in their primes, and Wade put up almost as many points on less shots and was far more efficient. He also shat on AI as a playmaker and rebounder. His overall contribution to the offense was way bigger. AI had a better defensive rating because of the good defenders around him, while Wade was playing with shyt. 09 was the season Wade was approaching MJ levels of blocks+steals and was flying around the court like a madman.

Wade takes this easily.
I'll be honest I grew up an AI stan. Now that thats out the way...did AI really have better defenders around him? :wtf: Did AI ever have a better supporting cast of stars or players than Wade? Refresh my memory bruh

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wade- sidekick iverson- franchise.

:dwillhuh:

His first 10 years in the league, he was the franchise player for the Sixers. Their winning % was 48%.

That % gets you the 8th spot in the East last year.

For some reason there's this idea that the Sixers were being led deep into the playoffs every year he was there.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll be honest I grew up an AI stan. Now that thats out the way...did AI really have better defenders around him? :wtf: Did AI ever have a better supporting cast of stars or players than Wade? Refresh my memory bruh
Nobody could play with Iverson. Not Stackhouse, not Hughes, not Van Horn, not Coleman, not Kukoc, not Webber, not nobody.

Eternal Tecate

Superstar
Daps

AI's team was trash on offense, but they were the best defensive team in the league. Look up the Heat's roster in 09, it was utter trash in every respect.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
:bryan:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
You grew up watching AI and you're asking this?
:dwillhuh::what::snoop:
My understanding of that post was he was saying AI had a team of better defenders than Wade. That is a matter of opinion and my response was that of a rhetorical nature to get him to further make his point. Lets not be remedial friends.

EDIT: @Steele you got any stats to prove the Sixers were one of the better defensive teams during that period? I dont disagree Wade had a trash 09 squad btw, but i dont exactly remember the 76ers being defensive juggernauts during the AI years either.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My understanding of that post was he was saying AI had a team of better defenders than Wade. That is a matter of opinion and my response was that of a rhetorical nature to get him to further make his point. Lets not be remedial friends.

EDIT: @Steele you got any stats to prove the Sixers were one of the better defensive teams during that period? I dont disagree Wade had a trash 09 squad btw, but i dont exactly remember the 76ers being defensive juggernauts during the AI years either.

98-02 they were a top 5 defense (Larry Brown years).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's my whole point :heh:. I clearly stated in that post you quoted (as well as numerous times in other threads) that you need the right guys to win. I have also stated numerous times that people need to stop comparing him to these other guys and just rate him on his own merits.

As is PPG and most other stats. If you are elite at something, which people are claiming AI was, then it doesn't matter who is out their with you, you will convert at an elite rate, period. There is nothing elite about shooting 40% no matter how you slice it.

And for the billionth time he had trouble co-existing with other guys that could create their own shot, you even acknowledged this yourself. Therefore he can't get he teammates pass.

When did I explicitly say this?

He shot about 45% in Denver.....What's bad about that?

He looked good with C Webb on the elbow...

I said he has to dominate the ball...Not that he couldn't co exist with the right players who could actually play...

Mike had to dominate....So did Kobe......

And if you don't think that James Worthy fg% going down after 1991 had nothing to do with Magic retiring then I don't know what to tell ya.

If you don't think Lebron spiking from 48% to about 53% when he got to Miami then I don't know what to tell ya...

If you think D Wade going from about 48% to about 52% after King James arrival I don't know what to tell ya

What did Kevin Durant so called FG% look like after Russy went down.....?

Chris Mullin sure did have his best shooting years when Run TMC was together....

I can do this for days btw

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
98-02 they were a top 5 defense (Larry Brown years).

How many teams with top 5 defenses that made it to the finals only had one all star?

Out of the last 15-20 Nba finals, how many teams have had a top 4 or 5 D?

I'm just curious....I know yall google yall info so I'll wait on a response from someone......:whistle:

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many teams with top 5 defenses that made it to the finals only had one all star?
nba-finals-spurs-cavaliers-basketball.jpg

Just off the top of my head. Dikembe made the all-star team the year they went to the finals.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
nba-finals-spurs-cavaliers-basketball.jpg

Just off the top of my head. Dikembe made the all-star team the year they went to the finals.

And I knew someone would bring that up......

Yall too predictable.....

Now answer the rest of my post and lets do a compare and contrast so we can have a lucid discussion....

Again.....I'll wait............:whistle:

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
When did I explicitly say this?

He shot about 45% in Denver.....What's bad about that?

He looked good with C Webb on the elbow...

I said he has to dominate the ball...Not that he couldn't co exist with the right players who could actually play...

Mike had to dominate....So did Kobe......

And if you don't think that James Worthy fg% going down after 1991 had nothing to do with Magic retiring then I don't know what to tell ya.

If you don't think Lebron spiking from 48% to about 53% when he got to Miami then I don't know what to tell ya...

If you think D Wade going from about 48% to about 52% after King James arrival I don't know what to tell ya

What did Kevin Durant so called FG% look like after Russy went down.....?

Chris Mullin sure did have his best shooting years when Run TMC was together....

I can do this for days btw

T-Mac's best shooting days (45%) came with Jack Vaughn and Darrell Armstrong, he never shot better than 43% w/Yao.
Vince shot better with Alvin Williams as his pg than he ever did w/J Kidd.
Kobe shot better with Brian Cook, Kwame Brown and Smush Parker than he did with Shaq, Malone and GP

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And I knew someone would bring that up......

Yall too predictable.....

Now answer the rest of my post and lets do a compare and contrast so we can have a lucid discussion....

Again.....I'll wait............:whistle:
What's the discussion about? Whether top 5 defensive teams make it to the finals?