PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
In 05, rib injury, in 2011, Bron disappearing...2 rings...
You're talking like Riley was giving him teams to compete. Don't be stupid...only about 3-4 players in the league could have gotten those '09 and 10 teams to the playoffs and Iverson wasn't one of them. Riley was in full 2010 mode, turning down trades to bring in better players because their salary ran past 2010.

is AI better than Kobe? cause the same shyt applies

Big difference between the West and the East. And I still shyt on Kobe for it anyway :manny:. But those Suns teams with MVP Nash and superstar Stoudemire compared to getting swept by Ben Gordon's Bulls? Then Wade gets hurt while "they're not even trying to compete"? :what:

And injuries are not an excuse. It's something that's plagued Wade throughout his career and is a genuine knock on him. And also why Iverson will have had more longevity in the end. AI banged with the bigs and battled through any ailment. He also adjusted his game to be more perimeter oriented. Wade still can't shoot, gets hurt every foul, and without his athleticism looks :flabbynsick:.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
the question was not who would you rather have as a teammate. lets be honest most of us would rather play with wade. but if im a coach or a gm im taking iverson all day. more reliable(healthwise). doesnt miss games. fearless. i know iverson weaknesses. gotta build a certain team around him. hard to play him with other offensive players. now if the question was who would u want later in your career, id take wade. i feel his game adjusted better with age cmpared to iversons. but the question was who do u want in your prime. wade is a great player. but iverson at his best is better than wade at his best. wade as the main guy is a first round exit everyyear. and having shaq as a teammate doesnt count. im counting the jermaine o neal, haslem, shawn marion, dequan cook years.
:usure:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Big difference between the West and the East. And I still shyt on Kobe for it anyway :manny:. But those Suns teams with MVP Nash and superstar Stoudemire compared to getting swept by Ben Gordon's Bulls? Then Wade gets hurt while "they're not even trying to compete"? :what:

And injuries are not an excuse. It's something that's plagued Wade throughout his career and is a genuine knock on him. And also why Iverson will have had more longevity in the end. AI banged with the bigs and battled through any ailment. He also adjusted his game to be more perimeter oriented. Wade still can't shoot, gets hurt every foul, and without his athleticism looks :flabbynsick:.
What are you rambling about?.....it was clear they weren't trying to compete after unloading Shaq

Everything else has nothing to do with anything I said so....

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Kobe was winless with a wack supporting cast and missed the offs 1 of those years, Bron missed the offs his 1st 2 seasons and was a early exit before reaching the Finals on 07, T mac was a 2nd round virgin his whole career.................................... STFU and stop stretching bullshyt, u just as pointless as this conversation. AI was that nikka and one of the top 5 scorers ever, it ends at that bruh.

fukk up lil nikka. Kobe had a much longer resume than Wade when he lost in the 1st round. Now you being so pathetic as to compare "Prime Wade" to a teenager in LeBron?

T Mac and Kobe also played in the West and both still get knocked for their 1st round exits as well. Especially T Mac. :comeon:

Why you bringing up all these other nikkas? Quit trying to switch shyt up, stick to the topic. Prime Iverson, who was a mainstay in the top 3 for scoring and steals every year and genuinely carried a team somewhere significant vs Prime Wade who routinely missed games and couldn't seem to get out of the 1st round until LeBron joined the squad.

Come on man Iverson averaged over 30 ppg FIVE times, including 33 ppg when he was 30. Wade's highest career ppg would be 6th for Iverson.

Thing is Wade could have easily been better than Iverson if he ever learned to shoot a jumper. :yeshrug:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
What are you rambling about?.....it was clear they weren't trying to compete after unloading Shaq

Everything else has nothing to do with anything I said so....

So Wade blew out his knee while the team was tanking? :comeon:

Damn that's pretty fukked up. :heh:

I guess I have a new found respect for his determination, still going HAM when the team wasn't even trying to win. :wow:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
fukk up lil nikka. Kobe had a much longer resume than Wade when he lost in the 1st round. Now you being so pathetic as to compare "Prime Wade" to a teenager in LeBron?

T Mac and Kobe also played in the West and both still get knocked for their 1st round exits as well. Especially T Mac. :comeon:

Why you bringing up all these other nikkas? Quit trying to switch shyt up, stick to the topic. Prime Iverson, who was a mainstay in the top 3 for scoring and steals every year and genuinely carried a team somewhere significant vs Prime Wade who routinely missed games and couldn't seem to get out of the 1st round until LeBron joined the squad.

Come on man Iverson averaged over 30 ppg FIVE times, including 33 ppg when he was 30. Wade's highest career ppg would be 6th for Iverson.

Thing is Wade could have easily been better than Iverson if he ever learned to shoot a jumper. :yeshrug:
Iverson only made the playoffs 8 out of 14 years, Wade missed the playoffs once, why is your dumb ass STILL bringing up the playoffs?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah it's not all about numbers at all. Just want people to know that AI could shoot a decent percentage if surrounded by the right kind of talent. Never said Shaq was still a superstar but he was a 20/10 player that season until struggling in the Finals. And I have said years ago and still stand by the fact if he had a big man to playoff from the start of his career like Kobe and D-Wade then he would be looked at in a much better light.

You shoudln't need the right kind of talent to put up a decent percentage. You need the right of talent to win games and compete for titles but it shouldn't take a certain level of talent for you to shoot at a decent clip. Obviously better teammates will boost you percentage but if you are a great scorer you should be able to shoot at a decent rate no matter who is around you.

Obviously he would be looked at in a different light if he walked into a better situation (by the small-minded among us of course) from jump however he didnt' do himself any favors either.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
Iverson only made the playoffs 8 out of 14 years, Wade missed the playoffs once, why is your dumb ass STILL bringing up the playoffs?

4-12 in the playoffs in a 4 year span? :scusthov:

When Iverson was by himself he was able to win in the playoffs. When Wade was by himself he wasn't. That's why I keep bringing up the playoffs.

You should be happy because you damn sure don't want me to bring up scoring. :aicmon:

Not to mention Wade's career will be almost half as short. :aicmon:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
4-12 in the playoffs in a 4 year span? :scusthov:

When Iverson was by himself he was able to win in the playoffs. When Wade was by himself he wasn't. That's why I keep bringing up the playoffs.

You should be happy because you damn sure don't want me to bring up scoring. :aicmon:

Not to mention Wade's career will be almost half as short. :aicmon:
So Wade has made the playoffs more in his half as short career....keep arguing...lol @ "win" when he wasn't even getting there. And hold up, are you counting the last 3 years he wasn't on a team as part of this "career"? Do you breh

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
You shoudln't need the right kind of talent to put up a decent percentage. You need the right of talent to win games and compete for titles but it shouldn't take a certain level of talent for you to shoot at a decent clip. Obviously better teammates will boost you percentage but if you are a great scorer you should be able to shoot at a decent rate no matter who is around you.

Obviously he would be looked at in a different light if he walked into a better situation (by the small-minded among us of course) from jump however he didnt' do himself any favors either.
Maybe you don't need the right talent to shoot a high percentage but you need elite talent to win and he never had that for much of his prime which is basically the point I've been trying to get at in these threads comparing AI to other players.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
So Wade has made the playoffs more in his half as short career....keep arguing...lol @ "win" when he wasn't even getting there. And hold up, are you counting the last 3 years he wasn't on a team as part of this "career"? Do you breh

Again, Iverson was averaging 33 ppg at age 30. Wade is already :flabbynsick:.

Wade's prime lasted 6 years. Iverson's lasted 10.

:what: @ last 3 years

SwagKingKong

All Star
Daps
I love AI as much as the next guy but Wade was clearly better. It's not even debatable IMO.