PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
did yall read the question. it says prime iverson vs prime wade. look i know about wades efficiency. i know about the rings.
Didn't realize this was really a debate.

D Wade did get a ring young, but are we ready to put that up there with guys like Jordan or Hakeem leading their teams? No. It was nothing like that. I put that more on par with Chauncey Billups' Finals MVP. Plus he got mad help from the refs. Low key that wasn't even Wade's team. That was Shaq's team. Want evidence? Shaq nicknamed that nikka Flash and D Wade didn't like the nickname. Shaq said so the fukk what lil nikka, your name is Flash. :russ:

3rd year guys don't "lead" their team to chips. He was the new face of a franchise with a VETERAN squad. Not to take anything away, but let's just keep it in perspective.

You want more evidence? What did the Heat do after that chip? Got blown out by like 40 on ring night and never made it out of the 1st round again til Bron came to town. Now does that sound like a Jordanesque superstar to you? :usure:

That alone settles it. Iverson took a team of bums to the Finals, won MVP, more scoring titles. All this at under 6 feet.

To me, there's no debate. Wade that nikka but gimme AI all day.

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
the question was not who would you rather have as a teammate. lets be honest most of us would rather play with wade. but if im a coach or a gm im taking iverson all day. more reliable(healthwise). doesnt miss games. fearless. i know iverson weaknesses. gotta build a certain team around him. hard to play him with other offensive players. now if the question was who would u want later in your career, id take wade. i feel his game adjusted better with age cmpared to iversons. but the question was who do u want in your prime. wade is a great player. but iverson at his best is better than wade at his best. wade as the main guy is a first round exit everyyear. and having shaq as a teammate doesnt count. im counting the jermaine o neal, haslem, shawn marion, dequan cook years.

Danny Up

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the question was not who would you rather have as a teammate. lets be honest most of us would rather play with wade. but if im a coach or a gm im taking iverson all day. more reliable(healthwise). doesnt miss games. fearless. i know iverson weaknesses. gotta build a certain team around him. hard to play him with other offensive players. now if the question was who would u want later in your career, id take wade. i feel his game adjusted better with age cmpared to iversons. but the question was who do u want in your prime. wade is a great player. but iverson at his best is better than wade at his best. wade as the main guy is a first round exit everyyear. and having shaq as a teammate doesnt count. im counting the jermaine o neal, haslem, shawn marion, dequan cook years.
It's not about who you want as a teammate. It's about who was the better player and it's far and away Dwyane Wade. If I wanted to sell tickets and merchandise the Iverson all day. If I wanted the best overall player, the better team player, it's no doubt Dwyane Wade.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
Didn't realize this was really a debate.

D Wade did get a ring young, but are we ready to put that up there with guys like Jordan or Hakeem leading their teams? No. It was nothing like that. I put that more on par with Chauncey Billups' Finals MVP. Plus he got mad help from the refs. Low key that wasn't even Wade's team. That was Shaq's team. Want evidence? Shaq nicknamed that nikka Flash and D Wade didn't like the nickname. Shaq said so the fukk what lil nikka, your name is Flash. :russ:

3rd year guys don't "lead" their team to chips. He was the new face of a franchise with a VETERAN squad. Not to take anything away, but let's just keep it in perspective.

You want more evidence? What did the Heat do after that chip? Got blown out by like 40 on ring night and never made it out of the 1st round again til Bron came to town. Now does that sound like a Jordanesque superstar to you? :usure:

That alone settles it. Iverson took a team of bums to the Finals, won MVP, more scoring titles. All this at under 6 feet.

To me, there's no debate. Wade that nikka but gimme AI all day.
What type of dumb shyt......Iverson was missing the playoffs all through his prime Wade missed the playoffs once in that horrific season...in fact Wade has already made the playoffs more than AI did in his whole career. LOL at make it out the 1st round when his 2nd best player Beasley is now in his prime and can't get pt on lottery squads

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
It's not about who you want as a teammate. It's about who was the better player and it's far and away Dwyane Wade. If I wanted to sell tickets and merchandise the Iverson all day. If I wanted the best overall player, the better team player, it's no doubt Dwyane Wade.

wade is more effiecient, better man to man defender and a better shot blocker. iverson is faster. better ball handling, more steals. people act like iverson isnt a 2 way player. dude plays d.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
wade is more effiecient, better man to man defender and a better shot blocker. iverson is faster. better ball handling, more steals. people act like iverson isnt a 2 way player. dude plays d.
No he didn't, he played passing lanes. Fortunately there's more to defense than that.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So you taking Shaq over the Dream and Kareem....just curious....And how do you know D Wade is stronger than those guys. Especially Mitch, since he had a true low post game.
I'll take prime 2000 Shaq over almost anyone.

Players outsized for their position have a better chance at being successful IMO. Out of my top 10, the only undersized player for their era is Hakeem.

Shaq, Wilt, Kareem, MJ, Kobe, Magic, Bird, Duncan, Russell are all big for their position and LeBron is as well.

Wade at 6'4" 230lb is no lightweight. He can bully most SGs.

I can see people saying Iverson was better because he had to compensate for his lack of body size but in the big picture, he's not as easy to build around and not as versatile at things on both sides of the floor as Wade beacuse of it.

Last edited:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
So everything is about him an his numbers? What about winning basketball? The purpose of having great players on your team is to win. If a players game is not conducive to that and or that player is not willing to do what it takes to make his came more conducive to that then it diminishes his greatness. Beyond that guys like D. Wade have demonstrated the abililty to have comparable or superior shooting numbers without another guy demanding a double team.

I said that Dik was comparable to Shaq. Even if you wanna say Shaq was better the difference is not as great as it was when Shaq was truly a superstar. Shaq was not a superstar player when MIA won that title like to you tried to suggest.

It's his fault that the elite scorer was traded. You can't complain about not having something when you can't co-exist when you do. Same thing with the Pistons. That was a perennial contender with 4 guys who could score and he could't/refused to fit in. That's on him.
Nah it's not all about numbers at all. Just want people to know that AI could shoot a decent percentage if surrounded by the right kind of talent. Never said Shaq was still a superstar but he was a 20/10 player that season until struggling in the Finals. And I have said years ago and still stand by the fact if he had a big man to playoff from the start of his career like Kobe and D-Wade then he would be looked at in a much better light.

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
What type of dumb shyt......Iverson was missing the playoffs all through his prime Wade missed the playoffs once in that horrific season...in fact Wade has already made the playoffs more than AI did in his whole career. LOL at make it out the 1st round when his 2nd best player Beasley is now in his prime and can't get pt on lottery squads

But Beasley was a lottery pick. How did they get in the lottery? Wade was hurt? Wait, Dwyane Wade got hurt? GTFOH! :lupe:

Iverson was in the Finals with old ass Mutumbo and George Lynch, breh. Yet you LOLing at losing in round 1? :what:

Same team came back in 07, lost in the 1st. Wade hurt (gasp) in 08, no playoffs. We're gonna pretend Jermaine O'neal and Shawn Marion weren't on the team, and just "LOL" over 09, when they again lost in the 1st. Hmmm 30 year old Jermaine O'neal or 40 year old Dikembe? Shawn Marion or George Lynch? Hmmm. Michael Beasley or Eric fukkin Snow? Hmmm.

And more laughs in 2010 when despite again ,having a decent cast, and despite being a superstar "better than Iverson in his prime", they got easily disposed of the first round.

That's a lot of laughs. I guess after back to back titles thanks to the Kang we can all look back and LOL at it. Now. :aicmon:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
But Beasley was a lottery pick. How did they get in the lottery? Wade was hurt? Wait, Dwyane Wade got hurt? GTFOH! :lupe:

Iverson was in the Finals with old ass Mutumbo and George Lynch, breh. Yet you LOLing at losing in round 1? :what:

Same team came back in 07, lost in the 1st. Wade hurt (gasp) in 08, no playoffs. We're gonna pretend Jermaine O'neal and Shawn Marion weren't on the team, and just "LOL" over 09, when they again lost in the 1st. Hmmm 30 year old Jermaine O'neal or 40 year old Dikembe? Shawn Marion or George Lynch? Hmmm. Michael Beasley or Eric fukkin Snow? Hmmm.

And more laughs in 2010 when despite again ,having a decent cast, and despite being a superstar "better than Iverson in his prime", they got easily disposed of the first round.

That's a lot of laughs. I guess after back to back titles thanks to the Kang we can all look back and LOL at it. Now. :aicmon:
40 year old Dikembe every day of the week...JO had a top 3 worst shooting playoffs in history...hurt Wade can still make the playoffs, healthy AI can't

All that Shaq shyt when he obliterated the Wizards with Shaq in a suit.....some shyt went different Wade could be sitting on 5 rings right now...AI ain't fukking close

Of course I'm gonna LOL when you call that '10 squad a decent cast that's why only people brought back were Haslem, Rio, and Jones who would play for free in Miami...and they lost to the conference Champs.

Last edited:

Jesus Shuttlesworth

I Got Game
Daps
Reppin
Sovereignty
40 year old Dikembe every day of the week...JO had a top 3 worst shooting playoffs in history...hurt Wade can still make the playoffs, healthy AI can't

All that Shaq shyt when he obliterated the Wizards with Shaq in a suit.....some shyt went different Wade could be sitting on 5 rings right now...AI ain't fukking close

If what went different? Them boys was getting bounced in round 1. I can see the Spurs saying that this year. They came within 5 seconds of a title. But when you lose in the 1st round you were nowhere close to a title. Period.

I never saw Wade carry a team anywhere. I can't say he carried the Heat to the title in 06 in the traditional sense. Yes he was the best player on the team, yes he was Finals MVP. But that team was loaded top to bottom. Wade was the recipient of a great supporting cast. With a less spectacular squad, and actually in his prime, he was winless in the playoffs. Winless. Not one series victory.

If LOL is sufficient for that then sheeeeit, I'm gonna LOL my taxes next year.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
If what went different? Them boys was getting bounced in round 1. I can see the Spurs saying that this year. They came within 5 seconds of a title. But when you lose in the 1st round you were nowhere close to a title. Period.

I never saw Wade carry a team anywhere. I can't say he carried the Heat to the title in 06 in the traditional sense. Yes he was the best player on the team, yes he was Finals MVP. But that team was loaded top to bottom. Wade was the recipient of a great supporting cast. With a less spectacular squad, and actually in his prime, he was winless in the playoffs. Winless. Not one series victory.

In 05, rib injury, in 2011, Bron disappearing...2 rings...
You're talking like Riley was giving him teams to compete. Don't be stupid...only about 3-4 players in the league could have gotten those '09 and 10 teams to the playoffs and Iverson wasn't one of them. Riley was in full 2010 mode, turning down trades to bring in better players because their salary ran past 2010.

is AI better than Kobe? cause the same shyt applies

8 playoffs in 14 years, I can divide

Last edited:

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka

Kobe was winless with a wack supporting cast and missed the offs 1 of those years, Bron missed the offs his 1st 2 seasons and was a early exit before reaching the Finals on 07, T mac was a 2nd round virgin his whole career.................................... STFU and stop stretching bullshyt, u just as pointless as this conversation. AI was that nikka and one of the top 5 scorers ever, it ends at that bruh.