PRIME IVERSON VS PRIME D WADE. WHO WAS BETTER?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not even a Wade stan but you sound ignorant right here. None of them had Wade's ability to consistently get to the basket and score on or off the ball. Wade is quicker, stronger, and heavier than all of them as well.

I wouldn't call him once in a generation but resume wise the only SGs more successful than him are Jordan, West, and Bryant.

So being stronger and heavier makes you a better basketball player now.....?

Mitch Richmond has a better offensive skillset than Wade easily and he was taller and probably weighed the same......

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You put Kobe, CP3, Wade, Bron, or any other elite PG or wing who can facilitate/score on that Pistons team in place of Billups and they compete for a championship, like they did for the previous 5 seasons. You put any of those guys on the Nuggets in AI's place and they finish with higher seeds and probably compete for championships. You put any of those guys in Philly with that great defensive squad and ask them to shoot 30 times a night and they could have given you exactly what AI did, plus more. Only difference is you wouldn't have had to ship out other young talented wings (Stack/Hughes) to cater to them. Well maybe for Kobe and he still does everything that AI does better and gives you things that AI doesn't.

No they couldn't....Man, how old are you?

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No they couldn't....Man, how old are you?

Ironically enough I am 30. Yourself?

What is your basis for suggesting that Kobe, Wade, CP3, Bron etc. wouldnt' be an upgrade over Chauncey Billups? These guys have all done better with less talent than AI did with that perennial contender. You will never see Bron or Kobe or CP3 etc. benched because they can't fit into and fukking offense.

What is your basis for suggesting that teaming either of those guys with Melo with all the other talent that Denver had wouldnt' result in a high-seeded contender? Seriously Bron, Melo, Nene, Birdman, JR wouldn't beast? :comeon:

What is your basis for suggesting that none of those guys could give you 31 pts on 28 shots per game? Any talented wing can gun and get you points.

Not sure what age has to do with understanding this?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
So being stronger and heavier makes you a better basketball player now.....?

Mitch Richmond has a better offensive skillset than Wade easily and he was taller and probably weighed the same......
But he wasn't nearly as explosive and quick as Wade. Its not even close.

And in today's PnR heavy NBA, that counts for a lot. Wade's jumper is on and off but its good enough for him to score 24-30ppg consistently over the course of his career which is pretty elite.

Can't believe I'm having to defend Iron Jaw Wade on here. Scust. :pacspit:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
And yes, being bigger and stronger while retaining athleticism does count for a HUGE amount as a basketball player. That's unquestionable.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ironically enough I am 30. Yourself?

What is your basis for suggesting that Kobe, Wade, CP3, Bron etc. wouldnt' be an upgrade over Chauncey Billups? These guys have all done better with less talent than AI did with that perennial contender. You will never see Bron or Kobe or CP3 etc. benched because they can't fit into and fukking offense.

What is your basis for suggesting that teaming either of those guys with Melo with all the other talent that Denver had wouldnt' result in a high-seeded contender? Seriously Bron, Melo, Nene, Birdman, JR wouldn't beast? :comeon:

What is your basis for suggesting that none of those guys could give you 31 pts on 28 shots per game? Any talented wing can gun and get you points.

Not sure what age has to do with understanding this?

Age has a whole lot to do with it. You have to see guys play to discuss them in depth......Would you consider an introvert's opinion on bagging chicks, or solicit the advice of a virgin on how to please a woman?

Nah. The fact that you compared other GOATS to A.I. says it all....Bron, Kobe, and Wade. CP3 is the only one that could not give you that offense night in and night out,,,,

I was trolling when I said that really....But you see there is a short list on who you could have put in that same spot in Denver and have similiar or greater success, if Karl doesn't get in the way....

And Joe Dumars did not have the right coach to get A,I. to come off the bench @ 34.........But A.I. should have known better and just went along to get his checks

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
The same can be said about that Finals run in 01 considering what happened before and after that. AI cannot do all the things that Kobe can do especially defensively. They probably get a title but I doubt they get 3 together. The Dikembe that AI had in 01 was pretty comparable to the diminished Shaq that AI had and actually had a better Finals. Quality post players who put up 20 and 10 don't just grow on trees. Who could they have realistically gotten that they didnt' get? They had Ratliff and traded him for Dikembe because he got hurt and they wanted to go all in for 01. As far as Stack and Hughes go, my point was that you can't play the "he didn't have any talent/who was he supposed to pass to" card when he couldnt' co-exist with talented guys who could score to the point where they were shipped out. The year he had Webber he had great year (also coincided with the rules changes freeing up perimeter guys) and his team didn't even go .500 so are you sure you wanna hold that up and proof of something. He could have tried to turn Nene into a 20/10 guy in Denver, instead he wanted to prove he could go point for point with Melo and they were nothing more than 1st round fodder. You already conceded the Detroit debacle. AI was great player, however he could only be successful and help your team in a certain way. Anything outside of that he was useless and those things (moving the ball, post-play, defense, rebounding) just happen to be keys to winning.
How can he turn a guy into a 20/10 player who has never shown the inclination to be on that elite level himself. At best Nene is a 17/8 type player and always has been. You can bring up the numbers all you want but Shaq was still better in 2006 than Dikembe was in 2001. And I still way he never had an elite scorer with him in his prime other than Stackhouse. Larry Hughes had all of one good season in the NBA and that was in a contract year at that. And I acknowledged that the 2006 season was subpar. But I also wanted it to be known that those shooting numbers are probably closer to what AI would have averaged for his career if he had a guy in the post who could command a double team.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And yes, being bigger and stronger while retaining athleticism does count for a HUGE amount as a basketball player. That's unquestionable.

So you taking Shaq over the Dream and Kareem....just curious....And how do you know D Wade is stronger than those guys. Especially Mitch, since he had a true low post game.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Age has a whole lot to do with it. You have to see guys play to discuss them in depth......Would you consider an introvert's opinion on bagging chicks, or solicit the advice of a virgin on how to please a woman?

Nah. The fact that you compared other GOATS to A.I. says it all....Bron, Kobe, and Wade. CP3 is the only one that could not give you that offense night in and night out,,,,

I was trolling when I said that really....But you see there is a short list on who you could have put in that same spot in Denver and have similiar or greater success, if Karl doesn't get in the way....

And Joe Dumars did not have the right coach to get A,I. to come off the bench @ 34.........But A.I. should have known better and just went along to get his checks

No the fact that other people keep comparing him to those players is the issue. If we can just leave AI in his lane then he can recieve the full appreciation that he warrants.

BTW How old are you?

Last edited:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How can he turn a guy into a 20/10 player who has never shown the inclination to be on that elite level himself. At best Nene is a 17/8 type player and always has been. You can bring up the numbers all you want but Shaq was still better in 2006 than Dikembe was in 2001. And I still way he never had an elite scorer with him in his prime other than Stackhouse. Larry Hughes had all of one good season in the NBA and that was in a contract year at that. And I acknowledged that the 2006 season was subpar. But I also wanted it to be known that those shooting numbers are probably closer to what AI would have averaged for his career if he had a guy in the post who could command a double team.

So everything is about him an his numbers? What about winning basketball? The purpose of having great players on your team is to win. If a players game is not conducive to that and or that player is not willing to do what it takes to make his came more conducive to that then it diminishes his greatness. Beyond that guys like D. Wade have demonstrated the abililty to have comparable or superior shooting numbers without another guy demanding a double team.

I said that Dik was comparable to Shaq. Even if you wanna say Shaq was better the difference is not as great as it was when Shaq was truly a superstar. Shaq was not a superstar player when MIA won that title like to you tried to suggest.

It's his fault that the elite scorer was traded. You can't complain about not having something when you can't co-exist when you do. Same thing with the Pistons. That was a perennial contender with 4 guys who could score and he could't/refused to fit in. That's on him.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
So you taking Shaq over the Dream and Kareem....just curious....And how do you know D Wade is stronger than those guys. Especially Mitch, since he had a true low post game.
And Wade doesn't? Wade is damn near playing PF some nights, especially if his jumper is off....I watched dude post up Kevin Love and score...and getting Barbossa in the post is one of the reasons they got by Indy 2 years ago.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
And Wade doesn't? Wade is damn near playing PF some nights, especially if his jumper is off....I watched dude post up Kevin Love and score...and getting Barbossa in the post is one of the reasons they got by Indy 2 years ago.

Lets not get carried away...Mitch Richmond low post game>>>than anything D Wade can put together on the block.....Especially when you take the different eras into consideration