Prey | Hulu | Aug 5, 2022 | Predator vs Native Americans set 300 years in the past

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Am I the only one that found it irritating that they were speaking English in the movie?

Also, I put subtitles on when the Frenchmen appeared in the film and to my surprise, the captions were in French.

:martin:

Is there any way to understand what they were saying in the film?

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Nobody would watch the movie if they were strictly speaking in Comanche. Don’t be dense. Hollywood does this for almost all foreign based movies. Majority of this narcos, samurai, German shows/movies they speak English.
I disagree. The movie didn't even need to have much dialog or exposition. Hell, the antagonist doesn't ever speak.

I thought it was going to be like Apocolypto

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
220px-Prey_2022_poster.png

5/5 STARS GRADE A +

Best Predator Film since the original. Amazing Prequel as well. Blows the last two films out the water. "Predator 2" is still dope but this film brings it all the way back. The Suspense was crazy. Loved the whole Native American theme. It was shot really well and the landscapes along with nature was done nicely. I liked "10 Cloverflied Lane" for the suspense and isolation. Well this film had that aspect too. Also this Predator was hard body. Overall it was much more believable than the previous Sequels. Ol Girl killed it in this.

They handled the dog aspect good too. From the Tribe to the Colonial Soldiers. To the Predator's technology. This was Sci Fi at it's finest here. Hulu got Lucky because yes this was theater quality. But we are in a new age. Blockbusters can debut at Home and still be a good experience. I was able to watch this on my Big Screen. It was a very solid movie. The entire film all I thought about was the Billy Character from Part 1. Anyways, people need to learn. The Predator is always about your hunting skills more than what weapons you necessarily have. Also in the comics again they took on The Native Americans and Colonial Soldiers. The Predator also fought The Confederates as well. But yes this Predator was no joke. He was not playing at all.

SaltyFewAfricanmolesnake-size_restricted.gif

All im thinkn about is how predator ripped billys spine out like it was a rotisserie chicken bone

:eat:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I loved the Predator's swagger in this movie. You can tell at certain points where he is satisfied with his kills. It's almost like he’s shocked that he’s capable of such things. He’s like a gladiator in an arena discovering newly acquired strengths. Of course, he starts to get cocky & overconfident and starts feeling himself a little too much where he eventually got caught slipping and starts getting overwhelmed. Finally, he gets frustrated and says, “fukk this shyt” and then resorts to his more advanced tech like those wide area grenades or his invisibility. He even gets tricked into cutting off his own arm with his shield because he underestimated his prey. He probably lost all respect with the boys back home especially after what we’ve seen the more accomplished warriors are capable of.

I'll be back later to rave about this movie some more.

Claudex

Lord have mercy!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Motherland
I loved the Predator's swagger in this movie. You can tell at certain points where he is satisfied with his kills. It's almost like he’s shocked that he’s capable of such things. He’s like a gladiator in an arena discovering newly acquired strengths. Of course, he starts to get cocky & overconfident and starts feeling himself a little too much where he eventually got caught slipping and starts getting overwhelmed and he’s like “fukk this shyt” and then resorts to his more advanced tech like those wide area grenades or his invisibility. He even gets tricked into cutting off his own arm with his shield. He probably lost all respect with the boys back home especially after what we’ve seen the more accomplished warriors are capable of.

I'll be back later to rave about this movie some more.
I forgot the recordings get sent back home. That part must've killed his spirit, homegirl made him take out his own arm, it was all downhill from there. :russ: He already wasn't gonna survive the environment back home. MF's was about to laugh every time he made the corner.

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Everything about this movie was dope. The cinematography was crazy. Definitely gonna run it back on the weekend :banderas:

The only critcism I got was this Predator was more a of a brute and he was feeling himself too much. Outsmarting it which is all you can really do as a human didn't feel as exhilirating. The build up to the kill from the original movie never been topped in the sequels but this is next up

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
don't know why anyone would watch the english version:scust:

even tho I don't like dub...this is a film that warrants it
I saw this before I started the movie, but after I started it, I noticed that the actors were speaking English so I assumed that the other version would have been the dubbed version.

I probably would have preferred the other way around. Where they shot the film with them speaking natively, and had an English dubbed version for people who hate reading.

Them speaking English throughout the movie, with the Frenchmen speaking French the whole time takes away from how immersive the experience could have been for me tbh.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Am I the only one that found it irritating that they were speaking English in the movie?

Also, I put subtitles on when the Frenchmen appeared in the film and to my surprise, the captions were in French.

:martin:

Is there any way to understand what they were saying in the film?

They’re making or made a version in the Indian language to play on reservations.

As far as the Frenchmen, I like that they didn’t add subtitles. Because you’re seeing them from the native Americans perspective. But you could still understand what was going on based on their actions, interactions and movements

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They’re making or made a version in the Indian language to play on reservations.

As far as the Frenchmen, I like that they didn’t add subtitles. Because you’re seeing them from the native Americans perspective. But you could still understand what was going on based on their actions, interactions and movements
It's there, it's just dubbed. I opted to watch it in English, because I didn't want to see the lips out of sync in the dubbed version.

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Maybe the actors themselves aren’t strong Comanche speakers and weren’t comfortable with it.

Otherwise you guys would be complaining how unauthentic and poor the dialogue was

:yeshrug:
Not really, everybody would have known what was going on regardless. This isn't a heavy dialog movie anyway.