Prey | Hulu | Aug 5, 2022 | Predator vs Native Americans set 300 years in the past

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
:russ: at the outrage.

The way I saw it was that the bro and sis were the elite of their tribe's warriors. The bro might have been physically stronger, but she was sharp.

So in hand to hand combat, the natives were miles ahead of the brolic squad from the original predator, as they grew up on that shyt. They were better skilled than that predator.

And the reasoning for the girl not folding in the last fight is that the predator had been getting fukked up for the whole movie, so it was weakened, and the girl knew the terrain as it was her land.

I came in expecting to hate it for mary sue BS, but I didn't feel that vibe at all while watching it.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because most of these people calling it that are low-iq idiots who can't look at anything critically. the people you see posted on here who do stupid shyt that the coli makes fun of are the type of people that the coli themselves are. the film literally insults your intelligence and all these morons can do is go 'wow that was fire!' they're stupid, just like the buffoons in ancient rome entertained by gladiators. for instance, these clowns were impressed by the predator killing the bear with one punch, but then fail to ask themselves how the predator loses to a 90 lb girl in a 1v1 fight when no person alive can fight a bear(they'll say it was because the pred was injured, which in itself makes no sense). they have no capacity for deeper thought, but can only look at the pretty colors. this was a made for tv movie basically, and not a very good one.

i didn't love the final fight. i thought there was a better way to end the movie with her getting the W while also being more respectful of what she was up against. it was fun. but it also felt rushed.

i think a fight that leaned more heavily into naru's intelligence + self awareness + courage + determination + physical limitations would have resulted in a much more rewarding end scene.

that said, it was still EASILY the best predator movie since predator 2, and i thought it was dope as hell overall. i think the parts i didn't like are what keeps it from being the second-best predator after the original. but the end credits also made it clear naru's "win" was up for debate, so i'm down to see where the story goes next. .

minimizing other people's opinions because they don't align with yours is a super ineffective way to make a point breh. just sayin. :manny:

Breh Obama

First Breh President. Coli Prophet.
Daps
Reppin
Leader of the righteous Brehs!
Ayo this shyt was piffaroni!

It’s crazy to think tho how in the 300 years since the time of this one the Predator technology hasn’t changed or advanced much yet human technology advanced exponentially

:jbhmm:

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin
weirdos

this thread has gotten disgusting…now I see dudes nitpicking the acting and some of the accents yet they were probably rooting for the fake jamaicans in predator 2 lmao
Threads like this make me wish everyone on here burns in hell. Dumbass mfs nitpicking a sci fi movie

:dame:

Breh Obama

Daps
Reppin
:dwillhuh: this is a copout breh. any generation with common sense would know that natives in the 1700s didn't speak like them. hence why i said it would be better off set in the 2000s
Mods ban this stupid fukking piece of retarted dog shyt for being serious with this idiotic take

:unimpressed:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Now that I would like to see in movie, that's real horror right there

Yeah, the predator already has the physicality and sheer size to overpower most creatures. Would like to see a version land on Earth and essentially "survive" by using what he has around him.

MarcP

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This was cool but it could have been shorter which is crazy to say when it's only 90 minutes without credits.

Predator
Predator 2
Prey
Predators
The Predator

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
She shot him in the head FIRST, and was able to do so because she was camoflauged and snuck up behind him. So he's without his sight enhancing mask and a massive head wound from that point on...

Just be real bruh, you been in The Film Room hating on all strong women characters in action shows/films for a minute. So you was just gonna have a problem with a chick coming out on top in this flick no matter how it happened
He’s just gonna keep moving the goalposts.
Her looking weak is like the entire point of the movie. The Achilles heel of the predator is only seeking out strong prey, so she outsmarted it.

Its a good premise for a movie like this that has had 4 other entries.
I honestly didn’t think she looked weak at all. She was clearly skilled with a bow and her axe, and she knew how to fight hand to hand. I thought they did a good job of showing that her fighting style was based on speed and agility. It’s not like she was trading body blows with the Predator. She was killing him with speed after he had already been shot dozens of times and got whooped by Naru’s brother.
It's official. Im never watching this movie
:mjlol:

Based on some gifs with no context? Hilarious.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He’s just gonna keep moving the goalposts.

I honestly didn’t think she looked weak at all. She was clearly skilled with a bow and her axe, and she knew how to fight hand to hand. I thought they did a good job of showing that her fighting style was based on speed and agility. It’s not like she was trading body blows with the Predator. She was killing him with speed after he had already been shot dozens of times and got whooped by Naru’s brother.

:mjlol:

Based on some gifs with no context? Hilarious.

Yeah its not liek she straight squared up with predator, she snuck up on it and shot it point blank in the back of the head after it had fought grizzleys, 30 colonizers, a wolf, her brother impaled it 3 times, etc.

Predz was hurtin by the end of the movie. There are maybe a couple of times where you could say ok, that was enough to finish her but oh well. That movies for you.

Its not exactly Last of The Mohicans :manny:

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the outrage over a female beating a cgi rubber alien from space being unrealistic :laff: :laff: :laff:

It's funny, decades of women being the heroes of horror/sci-fi films and beating or outsmarting 7 foot knife wielding maniacs and acid spitting monsters, but dudes want be outraged now because we in the stupid culture war era where people see "agendas" in everything with their fukking They Live goggles :mjlol:

I would bet these same people probably accepted 13 year old, 5 foot nothing Tommy Jarvis taking out a full grown Jason in Friday the 13th simply because he's a male character.