President-Elect Attacks John Lewis: "Worry about your crime-infested district"

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
People in here expecting Trump to follow through with his plans for blacks when he may very well barely follow through with his plans for whites:francis:.

"Bu bu give him a chance brehs:mjlol:"

Look at his damn twitter history and historical comments in regards to blacks. The nikka is a businessman pitching a sale and you're falling for it gloriously.

He's dismantling the Civil Rights wing of the DoJ for christs sake and increasing policing as well as escalating the drug war. That's kicking blacks straight in the damn nuts.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
:russ::russ::russ:

You expect these useless clown black politicians to do that? Nikka you funny
:heh: If I was a betting man...no. But the opportunity is there. The CBC and existing black political class needs to be gutted and replaced with fresh blood. And by fresh blood I don't mean people like Bakari Sellers and Corey Booker who are already beholden to the white neoliberal Democratic structure, I mean people whose only concern is black progression. Cut-throat warriors willing to make deals with those who will aid the black community.

Afrodroid

God bless Black People!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rio De Janeiro, BR
People in here expecting Trump to follow through with his plans for blacks when he may very well barely follow through with his plans for whites:francis:.

"Bu bu give him a chance brehs:mjlol:"

Look at his damn twitter history and historical comments in regards to blacks. The nikka is a businessman pitching a sale and you're falling for it gloriously.

He's dismantling the Civil Rights wing of the DoJ for christs sake and increasing policing as well as escalating the drug war. That's kicking blacks straight in the damn nuts.
The wake-up call continues to be hung by blacks :francis:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
I've seen a lot of people here adopt this attitude of intransigence and hostility to the incoming Trump administration, but it seems to me like a better use of time and energy would be pressing Trump on these checks he wrote to the black community during his campaign instead of calling every other black person a c00n. Trump represents a radical upheaval of norms. In this atmosphere of change, the black body politic has the opportunity to revise and reinvigorate its position to take advantage of any opportunities for black progress. But that will not happen if we continue to carry water for the Democratic Party, ignoring these opportunities and pretending like Trump never made these promises. We should be getting in on the ground level of this nascent movement and staking a claim, because I can guarantee you other political interest groups are doing the same. Most people received their political information pre-digested by white liberal media institutions, which has been fearmongering for political reasons, but there is absolutely no reason for the black community to be so beholden to any American political institution. Black people do not owe loyalty to either party. Take the best deal on the take, regardless of who is offering it, and build from there. A large part of politicking is showing yourself to be a willing partner, otherwise the other side has no incentive to follow through. They'll just use their political capital on another interest group that is willing to play ball.

The nikka just openly told a Rep to worry about "his own crime infested" district, like he isnt going to be president in a couple days making it his district too.

And you're STILL expecting him to follow through with his promises for blacks:russ:

Arent you a eurocac across the pond?:mjlol:

King Kreole

Daps
The nikka just openly told a Rep to worry about "his own crime infested" district, like he isnt going to be president in a couple days making it his district too.

And you're STILL expecting him to follow through with his promises for blacks:russ:
My point is that the likelihood of Trump following through on his promises for the black community is not static. Political constituencies and interest groups have to fight to get their agenda to the top of the pile, because a President or Congressman or state Senator, etc has only a limited amount of political capital to expend. If you don't even engage, you've given up before the game has started. This is basic negotiation tactics 101. Trump has shown a willingness to open up negotiations with the black community on these issues, and spurning his advances because white Democrats tell us to turn our backs so we don't help their opponent is not a sensible path forward for the black community, imo. The goals of white Democrats is to get elected. The goal of the black political class should be the advancement of black interests. Those two goals are not identical, or even similar.

No, it was a joke run into the ground by Hillary stans.

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation

Tax holidays for foreign corporations to relocated in blighted neighborhoods? What the fukk does that even mean? :dead:

Like literally what did he even really promise that was specific? King Kac is one of the worst posters on here and I'm so happy Trump is going to officially be president in a few days so he and people like him can shut the fukk up about these hypotheticals.

King Kreole

Daps
Tax holidays for foreign corporations to relocated in blighted neighborhoods? What the fukk does that even mean? :dead:

Like literally what did he even really promise that was specific? King Kac is one of the worst posters on here and I'm so happy Trump is going to officially be president in a few days so he and people like him can shut the fukk up about these hypotheticals.
Hello, old friend. How are you doing this afternoon? :smile:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
My point is that the likelihood of Trump following through on his promises for the black community is not static. Political constituencies and interest groups have to fight to get their agenda to the top of the pile, because a President or Congressman or state Senator, etc has only a limited amount of political capital to expend. If you don't even engage, you've given up before the game has started. This is basic negotiation tactics 101. Trump has shown a willingness to open up negotiations with the black community on these issues, and spurning his advances because white Democrats tell us to turn our backs so we don't help their opponent is not a sensible path forward for the black community, imo. The goals of white Democrats is to get elected. The goal of the black political class should be the advancement of black interests. Those two goals are not identical, or even similar.

Okay how tf is talking to out of touch celebrities showing a willingness to negotiate with black people as a whole :mjlol:. Not ONCE seen Trump in no hood and i dont think I will. As I said earlier:

And that is mediated by having meeting with Steve fukkin Harvey and Ye:russ:.

What does Ja Rule have to say about this?

King Kreole

Daps
Okay how tf is talking to out of touch celebrities showing a willingness to negotiate with black people as a whole :mjlol:. Not ONCE seen Trump in no hood and i dont think I will. As I said earlier:

And that is mediated by having meeting with Steve fukkin Harvey and Ye:russ:.

What does Ja Rule have to say about this?
My points are not dependant on the "celebrities" Trump is bringing out (Obama's tenure as President was perhaps the most celebrity-filled one in modern history, btw), they're based on the proposed policies he touted during his campaign. Barack Obama and Bill Clinton both stayed in the hood and yet the racial wealth gap expanded under the former, in large part due to the policies of the latter. So I'm pretty much done with photo-op identity politics. I really don't give a shyt if Trump ever personally steps foot in the hood, I'm interested in his policies and their effects.