President-Elect Attacks John Lewis: "Worry about your crime-infested district"

Daps
Q88rJ.gif

Wait, why is he still posting here? :ban:
Trumpset runs this board now.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
He right tho, John Lewis ain't shyt. Just imagine if Shaq was able to play in the NBA till he was 80. This is what John Lewis is as a congressman. With that said, white supremacy is killing all of our economies as Black people. Something Trump needs to acknowledge.

Trump said:
I will also propose tax holidays for inner-city investment, and new tax incentives to get foreign companies to relocate in blighted American neighborhoods. I will further empower cities and states to seek a federal disaster designation for blighted communities in order to initiate the rebuilding of vital infrastructure, the demolition of abandoned properties, and the increased presence of law enforcement.

I will also pursue financial reforms to make it easier for young African-Americans to get credit to pursue their dreams in business and create jobs in their communities. Dodd-Frank has been a disaster, making it harder for small businesses to get the credit they need. The policies of the Clintons brought us the financial recession – through lifting Glass-Steagall, pushing subprime lending, and blocking reforms to Fannie and Freddie. It’s time for a 21st century Glass Steagall and, as part of that, a priority on helping African-American businesses get the credit they need.

We will also encourage small-business creation by allowing social welfare workers to convert poverty assistance into repayable but forgive-able micro-loans.

I've seen a lot of people here adopt this attitude of intransigence and hostility to the incoming Trump administration, but it seems to me like a better use of time and energy would be pressing Trump on these checks he wrote to the black community during his campaign instead of calling every other black person a c00n. Trump represents a radical upheaval of norms. In this atmosphere of change, the black body politic has the opportunity to revise and reinvigorate its position to take advantage of any opportunities for black progress. But that will not happen if we continue to carry water for the Democratic Party, ignoring these opportunities and pretending like Trump never made these promises. We should be getting in on the ground level of this nascent movement and staking a claim, because I can guarantee you other political interest groups are doing the same. Most people received their political information pre-digested by white liberal media institutions, which has been fearmongering for political reasons, but there is absolutely no reason for the black community to be so beholden to any American political institution. Black people do not owe loyalty to either party. Take the best deal on the take, regardless of who is offering it, and build from there. A large part of politicking is showing yourself to be a willing partner, otherwise the other side has no incentive to follow through. They'll just use their political capital on another interest group that is willing to play ball.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I've seen a lot of people here adopt this attitude of intransigence and hostility to the incoming Trump administration, but it seems to me like a better use of time and energy would be pressing Trump on these checks he wrote to the black community during his campaign instead of calling every other black person a c00n. Trump represents a radical upheaval of norms. In this atmosphere of change, the black body politic has the opportunity to revise and reinvigorate its position to take advantage of any opportunities for black progress. But that will not happen if we continue to carry water for the Democratic Party, ignoring these opportunities and pretending like Trump never made these promises. We should be getting in on the ground level of this nascent movement and staking a claim, because I can guarantee you other political interest groups are doing the same. Most people received their political information pre-digested by white liberal media institutions, which has been fearmongering for political reasons, but there is absolutely no reason for the black community to be so beholden to any American political institution. Black people do not owe loyalty to either party. Take the best deal on the take, regardless of who is offering it, and build from there. A large part of politicking is showing yourself to be a willing partner, otherwise the other side has no incentive to follow through. They'll just use their political capital on another interest group that is willing to play ball.
This in totality.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
The things they were cheating on didnt even exist when the people who currently have hs diplomas and degrees were in elementary school
I said we don't know. Cheating means cheating whatever test it is of that time.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ::russ::russ:

You expect these useless clown black politicians to do that? Nikka you funny