President-Elect Attacks John Lewis: "Worry about your crime-infested district"

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
I'm swell man. Just waiting for that New Deal for Black America that Trump is going to drop after the 20th :dead:

"The New Deal didn't work out so great for our African-Americans, did it, folks? Unemployment is sky high. Crime is at record numbers. Instead of a New Deal, they need an Old Deal, bigly. Instead of a 1930s New Deal, they need an 1830s Old Deal. 0% unemployment. No crime."

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
"The New Deal didn't work out so great for our African-Americans, did it, folks? Unemployment is sky high. Crime is at record numbers. Instead of a New Deal, they need an Old Deal, bigly. Instead of a 1930s New Deal, they need an 1830s Old Deal. 0% unemployment. No crime."

The funny thing is the actual 1930's New Deal depression/recovery era was the greatest period of social and economic mobility for African Americans arguably in history. But as soon as FDR died, AA's got left out of the GI bill and subsequent home ownership expansion policies and that lead to another widening gap and unrest which eventually culminated in the Civil Rights Era.

But brehs wanna act like class doesn't supercede race and so the circle of life continues :francis:

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
My points are not dependant on the "celebrities" Trump is bringing out (Obama's tenure as President was perhaps the most celebrity-filled one in modern history, btw), they're based on the proposed policies he touted during his campaign. Barack Obama and Bill Clinton both stayed in the hood and yet the racial wealth gap expanded under the former, in large part due to the policies of the latter. So I'm pretty much done with photo-op identity politics. I really don't give a shyt if Trump ever personally steps foot in the hood, I'm interested in his policies and their effects.

When were Barack Obama and Bill Clinton touring hoods :mjlol:. And no i dont mean visiting an underprivileged school with secret service on rooftops.

And on that note, you dont care if he visits poor areas of the country? How does that remotely make him trustworthy to poor blacks? You'd think he'd want to help his image. Most blacks already think and know that he's racist. His pandering is forced and transparent. His policies are set to hurt blacks tremendously.

He's amping up police across the country, escalating an obviously racist drug war, cutting the benefits of government jobs the biggest employer of blacks, dismantling the civil rights wing of the DoJ...expect black income to go down, crime to go up, incarceration to go up

We're getting a wake up call:yeshrug:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
When were Barack Obama and Bill Clinton touring hoods :mjlol:. And no i dont mean visiting an underprivileged school with secret service on rooftops.

And on that note, you dont care if he visits poor areas of the country? How does that remotely make him trustworthy to poor blacks? You'd think he'd want to help his image. Most blacks already think and know that he's racist. His pandering is forced and transparent. His policies are set to hurt blacks tremendously.

He's amping up police across the country, escalating an obviously racist drug war, cutting the benefits of government jobs the biggest employer of blacks, dismantling the civil rights wing of the DoJ...expect black income to go down, crime to go up, incarceration to go up

This.

It rarely bothers me what people on the Internet say but I'm legit disgusted that there are black folks on here caping for the most anti-minority president in most of our lifetimes. :scust:

Daps
Reppin
Oakland CA
He right tho, John Lewis ain't shyt. Just imagine if Shaq was able to play in the NBA till he was 80. This is what John Lewis is as a congressman. With that said, white supremacy is killing all of our economies as Black people. Something Trump needs to acknowledge.

This is one of the most incoherent moronic replies in modern SOHH/Coli history :gucci:

Gimini00

Bytch Off The Bando
Daps
Reppin
Minneapolis, MN
I've seen a lot of people here adopt this attitude of intransigence and hostility to the incoming Trump administration, but it seems to me like a better use of time and energy would be pressing Trump on these checks he wrote to the black community during his campaign instead of calling every other black person a c00n. Trump represents a radical upheaval of norms. In this atmosphere of change, the black body politic has the opportunity to revise and reinvigorate its position to take advantage of any opportunities for black progress. But that will not happen if we continue to carry water for the Democratic Party, ignoring these opportunities and pretending like Trump never made these promises. We should be getting in on the ground level of this nascent movement and staking a claim, because I can guarantee you other political interest groups are doing the same. Most people received their political information pre-digested by white liberal media institutions, which has been fearmongering for political reasons, but there is absolutely no reason for the black community to be so beholden to any American political institution. Black people do not owe loyalty to either party. Take the best deal on the take, regardless of who is offering it, and build from there. A large part of politicking is showing yourself to be a willing partner, otherwise the other side has no incentive to follow through. They'll just use their political capital on another interest group that is willing to play ball.

Agree, we're being used again and again as shields for the democrats and we're gaining nothing from this, opposing Trump for 4 years is going to do nothing for us, we need to be pragmatic and work with him on things we can find common ground like jobs and education and hold him accountable on other areas like the justice reform and police abuse. This legitimacy thing and Russia hacking is not our problem. The CBC need to focus their agenda on our priorities.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
When were Barack Obama and Bill Clinton touring hoods :mjlol:
Barack Obama's political origin story was being a community organizer in Chicago. The Clinton political headquarter is located in Harlem, and Bill's "connection" with the black community is well documented.

And on that note, you dont care if he visits poor areas of the country? How does that remotely make him trustworthy to poor blacks? Most blacks already think and know that he's racist. His pandering is forced and transparent.
I'm saying that pandering is not positively correlated to progress, so being bad at pandering is not a legitimate critique to me.

His policies are set to hurt blacks tremendously.

I hate Trump's love-affair with the police. It's ugly and crypto-fascistic. But other than an amorphous psychological effect on some police officers, I don't see how the next 4 years would be radically different from the past 8 years with regards to police interactions with the black community. If he proposed some bullshyt, then we need to get on him, but IMO these issues stem from economic disenfranchisement more than anything else. If Trump follows through on his economic plan, the black community would disproportionately benefit.

As for the drug war, Jeff Sessions actually authored and introduced the Drug Sentencing Reform Act in 2001. Jeff Sessions, Civil-Rights Groups Find Some Common Ground on Crack Sentencing Opioids are where Trump's drug policy seems to be focused. I'm no fan of Jeff Sessions. He, and all of Trump's nominees, deserve to be treated with suspicion. But suspicion does not mean obstinance.

I haven't seen anything directly from Trump or Sessions proposing dismantling the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice. Do you have any quotes or proposals you can link me to? Not op-eds or "might"s and "probably"s, but actual sourced information?

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He doesnt give a fukk, his supporters are just gonna say he's keeping it real, and shooting from the hip... :manny: but he doesnt realize that the rest of the world aint gonna tolerate his antics... and democrats aint gonna put up with his shyt.

I know, which is why I say nothing will happen. He is untouchable. Just pointing out how Obama had to go through so much like that norther crap and this dude has carte Blanche to do anything he wants. Massive double standard