President-Elect Attacks John Lewis: "Worry about your crime-infested district"

AyBrehHam Linkin

First Black Brehsident
Daps
Reppin
Wiscansin
Barack Obama's political origin story was being a community organizer in Chicago. The Clinton political headquarter is located in Harlem, and Bill's "connection" with the black community is well documented.

Obama was in godamn Hyde Park :mjlol:. And Harlem is DEF not all hood. Just because black people live there doesnt make it hood. Those arent poor ass areas at all, esp Hyde Park.:russ:

Barack Obama's political origin story was being a community organizer in Chicago. The Clinton political headquarter is located in Harlem, and Bill's "connection" with the black community is well documented.

I'm saying that pandering is not positively correlated to progress, so being bad at pandering is not a legitimate critique to me.

I hate Trump's love-affair with the police. It's ugly and crypto-fascistic. But other than an amorphous psychological effect on some police officers, I don't see how the next 4 years would be radically different from the past 8 years with regards to police interactions with the black community. If he proposed some bullshyt, then we need to get on him, but IMO these issues stem from economic disenfranchisement more than anything else. If Trump follows through on his economic plan, the black community would disproportionately benefit.

As for the drug war, Jeff Sessions actually authored and introduced the Drug Sentencing Reform Act in 2001. Jeff Sessions, Civil-Rights Groups Find Some Common Ground on Crack Sentencing Opioids are where Trump's drug policy seems to be focused. I'm no fan of Jeff Sessions. He, and all of Trump's nominees, deserve to be treated with suspicion. But suspicion does not mean obstinance.

I haven't seen anything directly from Trump or Sessions proposing dismantling the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice. Do you have any quotes or proposals you can link me to? Not op-eds or "might"s and "probably"s, but actual sourced information?

From a cbs article

Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions, Trump's pick for attorney general, expressed ambivalence at his confirmation hearing this week about the federal review process. He said he was concerned that broad investigations of police departments risk smearing an entire agency and harming officer morale.

Scathing DOJ report finds Chicago police use excessive force

There were 25 investigations of police departments under Obama, more than Clinton, Reagan and Bush combined...around 85% of policemen voted Trump for a reason. He also has the endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
This is why over 90% of African Americans voted against Donald Trump. John Lewis is 100% correct. To Black America, he's illegitimate not fit and does not have the character to hold this office. He spent 5 years asking Obama to "Show his Papers" stoking up the Racist. He also ran a campaign full of hate and disrespect. Now we know the Russians were clearly involved in a coordinated effort to destroy Hillary and she STILL got 3 Million more votes so he's not even a Majority President. Look at his TERRIBLE Cabinet thus far with that Racist A$$ Sessions. Comey is about to get exposed as well. The House of cards is falling before he's even sworn in. A year, 2 years tops before impeachment.

As for John Lewis, Yes he's been working for the Dems for decades and some might say they are using him as a shield to say what most of the Liberals really feel. But the reality is this, John fought White Supremacy with the GOAT period for this Silver Spoon mofo Trump to try and slander him regardless of his feelings on MLK Weekend is disgraceful and disrespectful to ALL Black Americans. John says your not fit, that's his opinion. TRUMP DID NOT GET THE BLACK VOTE. Facts are facts, we overwhelming rejected Trump. Bringing out Black Preachers, Celebrities, Athletes and Business men aren't going to change those facts. And once again just like during the campaign he's stereotyping every black community as bad and terrible calling out John's district. The bottom line is John Lewis is a Legend period.

JFK_meets_with_leaders_of_March_on_Washington_8-28-63_539_332_c1.JPG

917f3bba67764b291ffc5a59916e6b2b.jpg

92% OF AFRICAN AMERICANS VOTED AGAINST DONALD TRUMP MAKING THEM #1 VOTING GROUP AGAINST DONALD TRUMP

Last edited:

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This is why over 90% of African Americans voted against Donald Trump. John Lewis is 100% correct. To Black America, he's illegitimate not fit and does not have the character to hold this office. He spent 5 years asking Obama to "Show his Papers" stoking up the Racist. He also ran a campaign full of hate and disrespect. Now we know the Russians were clearly involved in a coordinated effort to destroy Hillary and she STILL got 3 Million more votes so he's not even a Majority President. Comey is about to get exposed as well. The House of cards is falling before he's even sworn in. A year, 2 years tops before impeachment.

As for John Lewis, Yes he's been working for the Dems for decades and some might say they are using him as a shield to say what most of the Liberals really feel. But the reality is this, John fought White Supremacy with the GOAT period for this Silver Spoon mofo Trump to try and slander him regardless of his feelings on MLK Weekend is disgraceful and disregardful to ALL Black Americans. John says your not fit, that's his opinion. TRUMP DID NOT GET THE BLACK VOTE. Facts are facts, we overwhelming rejected Trump. Bringing out Black Preachers, Celebrates, Athletes and Business men aren't going to chance those facts. And once again just like during the campaign he's stereotyping every black community as bad and terrible calling out John's district. The bottom line is John Lewis is a Legend period.

JFK_meets_with_leaders_of_March_on_Washington_8-28-63_539_332_c1.JPG

917f3bba67764b291ffc5a59916e6b2b.jpg

92% OF AFRICAN AMERICANS VOTED AGAINST DONALD TRUMP MAKING THEM #1 VOTING GROUP AGAINST DONALD TRUMP

Exactly.

This guy started the birther movement and spent YEARS pandering to racists, questioning the legitimacy of the countries first black president (for little other reason than him being black), and saying he wasn't a "real" American. And now we're supposed to just forget about all that and be ok with this guy as president? :childplease::camby:

Dude should get ZERO cooperation or respect from the black caucus or black people in general.

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
You can't have a president acting like this. I don't care if he's right or wrong, this is utterly pathetic for a nation's head to be responding to every bit of criticism on twitter like a deranged pre-pubescent child. What happened to acting "presidential"? Terrible example of a leader.

We got 4 years (possibly 8 years) of this shyt breh....strap on a seatbelt :beli:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Exactly.

This guy started the birther movement and spent YEARS pandering to racists, questioning the legitimacy of the countries first black president (for little other reason than him being black), and saying he wasn't a "real" American. And now we're supposed to just forget about all that and be ok with this guy as president? :childplease::camby:

Dude should get ZERO cooperation or respect from the black caucus or black people in general.
*insert Coli pundit equivocation*

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Exactly.

And this fool had the nerve to call CNN "FAKE NEWS" when he been pumping "FAKE NEWS" with that birther mess for again for 5 years. That's a MAJORITY of Obama's Presidency, so YEARS after he released it he was still saying it was fake. Still sending "Dog Whistles" to White America that he's not "One of Us". Trump isn't our President and those Black People he's touting out do not speak for the broader community.

King Kreole

natural blondie like goku
Daps
Obama was in godamn Hyde Park :mjlol:. And Harlem is DEF not all hood. Just because black people live there doesnt make it hood. Those arent poor ass areas at all, esp Hyde Park.:russ:
:manny: Never been to either, just know both Obama and Clinton touted those experiences to strengthen their connection with the black community.

From a cbs article

Scathing DOJ report finds Chicago police use excessive force

There were 25 investigations of police departments under Obama, more than Clinton, Reagan and Bush combined...around 85% of policemen voted Trump for a reason. He also has the endorsement of the Fraternal Order of Police

I don't think the DoJ reports are a negative, but I question their efficacy in producing actual progress. So far, the tools utilized by the DoJ, like consent decrees, have not been the panacea many assume. And even then, If I'm not mistaken, they're under the purview of Federal Courts, not the AG. So Jeff Sessions can cry until the cows come home, but there's not much he can do to get rid of existing oversights.

What the Justice Department’s decades-long pursuit of abusive police departments has actually achieved

The Big Problems With Police That Washington Can't Fix

I don't like even seeming like I'm defending police, so all I'll say is that I believe the issues between the black community and police forces across the nation go far beyond who is sitting in the AG seat.

Uncle Hotep

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Hold on. Are people on this site really disrespecting John Lewis. I would rather believe this forum was hijacked by white supremacist than believe my fellow black men share these misguided and ignorant sentiments.
:francis:

he has done nothing but ride that i marched with MLK coatails for decades...enuff is enuff :camby: