Prayers up for JIMMY USO?? "Dear GOD 🙏🏾 for strength & health to continue #JimmyUso #wwe #Bloodline #Anoai #Fatu " - Rikishi

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Is the "Nazi" gimmick babyface or are we getting ourselves triggered about being asked to hate Nazis?

Are we not allowed to have hateable heels?

Seems like we're trying a bit hard here. One of the best ways to get me to want to see someone get their ass kicked is to dress them up as a Nazi. All the baddies in comics when I was a kid were Nazis. Loved seeing them get their shyt fukked up.

Superman had a whole period where all he did was fukk up Nazis.

Edward Norton wasn't a goodie in American History X. I dunno how anyone else saw it, but the only people who thought he was a good guy were also Nazis.

Why can't we teach kids to hate Nazis in 2024?

I know you won't see this because you're a giant p*ssy who has people on ignore but here in America one of the major political parties is sympathetic to Nazis in 2024 so platforming them in any way, even in fake wrestling, is a bad idea because you don't want even 1 audience member cheering them on, let alone more

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I hear what you're saying about comics and what not and the history but the issue I can see with a Nazi being a kayfabe heel in 2024 is that it's likely to have unintended ramifications like emboldening WS groups and giving their platform validity/notoriety even further and we already see enough of that with Trump and JD Vance and the entire political landscape in our daily lives here in the U.S.

Maybe, but trying to suffocate one of the most sympathetic babyfaces in wrestling today with a plastic bag makes it about as clear cut as you can get. If anyone supports this group they're clearly in the wrong.

I'm still not sold on them being neo Nazis tbh. I think they're just trying to make themselves easy to hate subconsciously.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I didn't see/hear any Nazi symbolism tonight they just seemed like regular heels

I'm about an hour behind so not seen them yet.

Tbh I hope it isn't. :yeshrug:

I just don't have a blanket issue with heels/baddies in comics being based on genuine a$$hole characteristics. It can help get everyone on the same page about the characteristic making someone an a$$hole if it's done well.

Of course it can be done terribly and I can see why people might not like it, but one of my favourite payoffs as a kid was Virgil/DiBiase and that wouldn't have hit as hard if DiBiase hadn't come across as a racist POS.

Mob H

All Star
Daps
I know you won't see this because you're a giant p*ssy who has people on ignore but here in America one of the major political parties is sympathetic to Nazis in 2024 so platforming them in any way, even in fake wrestling, is a bad idea because you don't want even 1 audience member cheering them on, let alone more
Yeah portraying something as irredeemable as Nazis is an issue in front of a modern wrestling audience that has a tendency to cheer or boo the performer as opposed to the character, which in this case, at face value looks like a crowd cheering for Nazi shyt, which is horrible optics.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
Yeah portraying something as irredeemable as Nazis is an issue in front of a modern wrestling audience that has a tendency to cheer or boo the performer as opposed to the character, which in this case, at face value looks like a crowd cheering for Nazi shyt, which is horrible optics.

Yeah that's fair. If people started cheering you'd have to pull the plug.

Like WWE didn't do when people started cheering for "We The People" :sadcam:

Mob H

All Star
Daps
Yeah that's fair. If people started cheering you'd have to pull the plug.

Like WWE didn't do when people started cheering for "We The People" :sadcam:
That's actually a perfect example. They actually had to break character and explain that it was all an act because the wrong people were catching on to it. Funny enough Cesaro was involved in that too.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
That's actually a perfect example. They actually had to break character and explain that it was all an act because the wrong people were catching on to it. Funny enough Cesaro was involved in that too.

They broke kayfabe to cut a promo on Glenn Beck but the team lasted nearly a year and even after they dropped Cesaro WWE officially turned Swagger/Colter babyface and gave them a fake Russian heel to fight in Rusev so the patriotism felt more acceptable.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
They broke kayfabe to cut a promo on Glenn Beck but the team lasted nearly a year and even after they dropped Cesaro WWE officially turned Swagger/Colter babyface and gave them a fake Russian heel to fight in Rusev so the patriotism felt more acceptable.
Remember when Vince booked Swagger with the Patriot gimmick as a heel vs Mexican face Del Rio for a WM World Title match? :mjlol:
I'll never forget that shyt, Swagger got a god damn jobber entrance for that match lmao :laff:

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
Remember when Vince booked Swagger with the Patriot gimmick as a heel vs Mexican face Del Rio for a WM World Title match? :mjlol:
I'll never forget that shyt, Swagger got a god damn jobber entrance for that match lmao :laff:

Swagger and Zeb were right, Del Rio's ass shoulda been deported :russ: