Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
The acting this season is reminiscent of those Buddy Lee commercials mocking bad cop shows

:russ:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Bruh i never really dwelled on how bad the writing was because its a summer show and nothing else is on. I been streaming other shows all summer then to turn this shyt on gave me a headache. At least fofty was funny but really broke into the crib with the gun out rolled around then they both called time out when riq strolled in

:ohhh:

:russ:

Like wtf “ dad uncle tommy whats going on”

I almost heard a cheesy organ instrumental in the background
"WHY THE fukk AREN'T YOU IN SCHOOL?!!!?"
:francis:

Duke_Droese

All Star
Daps
1. LaLa thicker than Lex Luger's neck.
2. Tyreek is really annoying. AF
3. I wanna see that white cop get taken down couple notches.

Lex's neck without the steroids = Lala's ass without the injections :russ:

Nobody wanted to admit it, but Angela character carried the show. Outside of anything involving her, show has been cheeks.

I think she was the best actress, and she was a :takedat: milf

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just watched, first of all..and I know its been mentioned, but why swap out one of the GOAT opening themes for that nasty Diet Coke version on the LAST season

Secondly, The writing and acting is still just as trash as it has been the last couple seasons, true definition of fell from top 10 To not mentioned at all, shyt is super trash

See yall next week :mjgrin:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I know I'm late but why did they change the intro song :trillbunb:
A marketing ploy. Just wanna have more people talk about the show. They knew it would trend if even for negative reasons.

Plus 50 still loves making music and attention, and this is pretty much the only way for him to get ears on his raps.

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A marketing ploy. Just wanna have more people talk about the show. They knew it would trend if even for negative reasons.

Plus 50 still loves making music and attention, and this is pretty much the only way for him to get ears on his raps.
sounds like a reach...we’ll see if they change it back tho

Changing a theme song is not without precedent; The Wire, Felicity, Family Matters and In Living Color are among the many programs that switched up their sound. Still, after 48 episodes of hearing Power open with the same instantly recognizable smooth-gangsta bop, the move was jarring. An unarticulated pain point for viewers seems to be the logical assumption that Power will use this revamped opening for the entirety of Season 6. But it's probably not. "Big Rich Town-gate" is probably another example of 50 Cent's masterful trolling.

Some context: Back in 2016, when I met 50 for the first time, I had to summon the courage to ask him if I had really seen his, uh, manhood in a Season 3 episode that would come out later that summer. Like 98 percent of the population, I only knew 50 Cent as the tough, "shot-9-times rapper from Queens" persona he wore in public, and was surprised to find that Curtis Jackson was relaxed, easygoing, and even a bit silly. "My penis is going to debut!" he said, grinning, and went on to chuckle about it like it was no big deal. (After all, he'd been au natural on screen before.)

But weeks later, when the episode aired, 50 launched into an now-infamous Instagram rantagainst Power co-creator Courtney Kemp, insisting he had not allowed Power to show him sans trou. "Kiss my ass," he wrote in a post he later deleted. "Tell the people from Starz stop calling my phone, you call now. I don't give a f--- you on a plane bytch." This, as we know now, turned out to be a primo stunt from hip hop's preeminent stunt queen — a dude whose posts have famously gotten him into feuds with Floyd Mayweather, Vanderpump Rules' Lala Kent, his own Power cast member Rotimi, and a bankruptcy court.

50 may set new goalposts for petty, sometimes childish social media messiness, but it would be a mistake to consider him foolish. The Power executive producer and co-creator is still worth tens of millions and continues to broaden his stake in Hollywood, including the upcoming Power spin-offs. Awakened to the scope of his shrewdness after that penis stunt, I made it a point to ask him about how he uses social media controversies as publicity when I saw him at the Television Critics Association press tour in July of 2019.

"Bad news travels so much faster than good news," he told me, weeks before the Season 6 premiere. I recognized the suit he was wearing as Alexander McQueen from the subtle skull pattern on the jacket and pants — a reminder of his taste, wealth, and sinister intelligence that people can easily overlook. "If you tell them Power is returning such and such date, people are like, 'OK cool.' 10 likes. If you say, 'This bytch put out a picture of my penis without letting me see, that motherf--er!' Then people go, 'Oh they're getting into a fight! 50 crazy!' So they buy into it." In short, never doubt that 50 Cent knows what he's doing. Which brings us to now.

50 is having a LOT of fun with this controversy on his IG and Twitter. So much fun, in fact, that it almost seems... calculated.

Most tellingly, a rep at Starz told TV Guide it was their understanding that the song was just a one-episode deal, but wasn't sure, which almost certainly means that when 50 joked that he might bring Joe's version back, that had been the plan all along. That 50 would've orchestrated a huge stunt to open an episode that was mostly brick-laying is not surprising — it's what we should have expected. Power loves surprising its viewers — Kanan's death is a prime example — and disrupting the one thing fans could count on every week is a helluva way to do it. Although he's not on-screen anymore, 50 Cent is still very much pulling Power puppet strings, so, expect the unexpected. And for 50's powers to only get stronger. He recently expanded his repertoire of skills to include directing this season, for Episode 3.

"Directing was great, it was different experience," he said. "You're the first person there and last to leave. You have to have a say in every scene. It's so many moving parts but once you get comfortable with it's cool. It registers me as the boss. And I'm always on point."

Indeed. Well played, sir. Well played.

Power continues Sundays at 9/8c on Starz.

Here's Proof Power's New Theme Song Is Another of 50 Cent's Magnificent Trolls | TV Guide