Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

FlyBoy718

All Star
Daps
Reppin
BK
I
I think you meant "unrealistic"

But yeah, I co-sign everything. Like someone else said, after Jukebox kidnapped and almost killed him, he would've been scared straight. After finding out Kanan killed Sean, he would've been done fukking with Kanan. After Reina died, he would've been done with it all. After getting kicked out of school, he would've realized he was over his head. The Italians almost killed him, Ghost almost killed him, and Tommy almost killed him and yet he's still persistent in trying to be this big drug dealer. Why????

They keep trying to sell us this bullshyt like "it's in his blood," "it's genetics," "like father like son," "he was born to do this" etc. Like wtf, no he wasn't. People sell drugs when they got no real options and are struggling. This boy grew up privileged and never spent a day in the hood until he met Kanan. It's just ridiculous at this point.
In fairness to Taria wanting to sell drugs, there is some realism to that...the notion that every drug dealer comes from an impoverished background has long been proven to be a fallacy...just look at the 69 case...one of the informants admitted he came from a upper middle class background...some people just do it to make fast money :yeshrug:that being said, I've been one of the main people in here shredding the sloppy writing so don't take this as me :cape::whoa:

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I

In fairness to Taria wanting to sell drugs, there is some realism to that...the notion that every drug dealer comes from an impoverished background has long been proven to be a fallacy...just look at the 69 case...one of the informants admitted he came from a upper middle class background...some people just do it to make fast money :yeshrug:that being said, I've been one of the main people in here shredding the sloppy writing so don't take this as me :cape::whoa:

TARIQ IS RICH.

YOURE MAKING ZERO SENSE.
:devil:
:evil:

superchoops

Superstar
Daps
I still don't understand where Lala's hatred for the entire St. Patrick family came from.:mjlol:

I understand she's on the opposing side with Tommy, but it seems like she always felt that way before Tommy & Ghost fell out.

She been jealous of Tasha for so long and now she's finally up. She tryna mask it behind Tommy but it feels like she aint ever really fukk with the fam.

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
And you have professional athletes who made millions get indicted for helping drug organizations...not all of them were BROKE either

YOU MAKING SOME VERY STUPID COMPARISONS.

WE'RE TALKING ABOUT A SILVER SPOONED TEEN WHO WAS INTRODUCED TO THE STREETS 2 MONTHS AGO.

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sure, you can die or get badly injured in a ring, but it certainly isn't on the level of drug dealing which at the minimum is illegal. But of course you missed the point.

He's 16, and the only reason why he isn't under their control, is because they are both shytty parents, but Tasha just took it up a notch with this.
You're missing the point breh. There is no "controlling" Lil' Ghost.
What Ghost needs to do is whoop his ass, I mean thoroughly, start off by gun butting the muthafukka. What he gonna do? call CPS cause his daddy don't want him to push coke?
He'll keep dealing drugs like he's been doing. :dwillhuh:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
You're missing the point breh. There is no "controlling" Lil' Ghost.

He'll keep dealing drugs like he's been doing. :dwillhuh:
They've let way too much shyt slide with him. It's not just wanting to hustle, dude is betraying everyone without consequence.

You can't go around stealing from and double crossing known psychopaths.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Just caught up to ep.5&6... boy this nikka Tommy is fuccked when Benny comes for him.. that nikka scares me, he gonna torture the fucc outta Tommy.

Ghost and Rashads back and forth gotta be goat tier writing.

the last episodes made me feel like season 1 again, shyts been getting better.. cant wait for nikkas to beat the fukk out that nikka tariq. p*ssy ass nikka causing all this shyt smh..

I need Ghost and Tasha on good terms, this hostility shyt for the birds...

alphonse a whole bytch, nikka fucced over one of his best licks ever, punk ass councilman now the hero of the city.

this season gonna end with a bang cause right now. shyt is lit

that light skin snitch from choate gotta be related to one of ghosts enemies cause ol girl played that fool hardbody

I’m thinking that it has to be Mary J. Blige’s character for this spinoff. It would only make sense as they have to introduce her somehow.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
There is still a significant difference. Michael was always well aware of what the family business was. He was just always steered towards school, to assist with the legitimate side of the family. He already understood the game, which is why he was able to jump in when needed. He also felt he HAD to do it.

With Tariq it's a little bit odd. He didn't even grow up in the hood. He had no knowledge on his dad's actual business. He wasn't one of those kids on the strip who saw the drug dealers come through with the fly rides and the baddest females. In fact, material things shouldn't really impress him like that.

I get where you're coming from though, but it's very hard to buy Tariq's story.
That Gunit influence got Reke ready to buss his gun nikka, dawg at home bumping prime 50/Banks/Buck/Yayo rapping wit Yayo.

"The T stands for terrible, the O stands for only, add NY and it spells out Tony" :demonic:

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
This episode was actually somewhat decent.

Tash says she doesn't want to bury another child, but helps her son move a brick of coke :laugh:

This series has but so many episodes left, when are they gonna start killing off main characters? Benny gonna do Tommy. Remember before he shot Proctor, he told him "This ain't over"

CHICAGO

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
We’ve seen every scene from the season 6 trailer except one(ghost and tariq arguing at truth) :lupe:

and I don't know why they're keeping dre around he must have a significant role in a future event or may even survive all of this cuz dude shoulda been dead

I WATCHED COURTNEY KEMP
ON ONE OF THOSE AFTER SHOWS
2-3 YRS AGO AND SHE SAID
SHE WAS SETTING DRE UP TO BE GHOST 2.0.

THIS WAS BEFORE THEY WENT
WITH THIS FOOLISH TARIQ ROUTE THOUGH
SO WHO REALLY KNOWS AT THIS POINT.