Power Season 6 (Official Thread) - No Spoilers

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
This episode wasn’t too bad outside of too much ren and stimpy and Keisha.

Tommy should’ve killed riq...in fact I need to,my and ghost to sit down and take that fukkboi out

Tasha can’t stop winning mother of the year awards :bryan:

And Super Dre made yet another appearance :mjlol:

Edit: and why is this show still introducing new characters especially when they do something the same episode to negate the importance. Why introduce the vato to tommy when you end up pairing tommy and ghost? I’m sure he’ll be pulled out of a hat randomly again, but intro’ing him made absolutely no difference

Last edited:

True Blue Moon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
VA. Living in the City of Angels
Because that's the character's ultimate goal...to bury Ghost and be James St. Patrick.
Thats what I’m saying. If bruh is trying to separate himself and be James St. Patrick he needs to stop doing shyt like trying to assassinate nikkas in broad daylight with no mask on knowing he was just on cable TV last night holding a political panel :mjlol:

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ehh....all that shyt applied to The Godfather and Michael Corleone (who grew up incredibly privileged) yet we love it. I can buy Tariq being born to be a street dude. They’re just not writing it well. With good writing, they could’ve easily made him Michael 2.0 off the Wire.

There is still a significant difference. Michael was always well aware of what the family business was. He was just always steered towards school, to assist with the legitimate side of the family. He already understood the game, which is why he was able to jump in when needed. He also felt he HAD to do it.

With Tariq it's a little bit odd. He didn't even grow up in the hood. He had no knowledge on his dad's actual business. He wasn't one of those kids on the strip who saw the drug dealers come through with the fly rides and the baddest females. In fact, material things shouldn't really impress him like that.

I get where you're coming from though, but it's very hard to buy Tariq's story.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
What kind of reality is better parenting to show a 16 year old kid the ropes of how to become a successful drug dealer?
Exactly....your kid doesn’t NEED to be in that life, has seen and experienced the downsides...and has literally taken the L on all of it only to be saved by his parents, tommy, and kanaan. It would be one thing if the dude showed any natural talent but he’s failed out the gate, even in the kiddie pool of high school dealing.

As a parent you keep trying to set them straight, provide a safety net where possible, but at the end of the day it’s natural selection, let that boy learn the hard way.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
About last weeks ep with Tariq...why would he ever want to rob Tommy anyway? They've always been close, he's always respected his uncle, his uncle was a straight shooter with him, and someone he could come to to talk. Then, out of nowhere Mr Mastermind "comes up with a plan" to set his uncle up? I understood using Pop Dukes $$ because of their strained relationship, but bringing Tommy in on it...
This is a big issue with how they write Tariq. Dude had zero incentive to set up tommy, especially after stealing from him and especially given how down tommy has been for him

I coulda seen him playing his parents, but playing tommy was :what:

knickscity

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Bed-Stuy
Because he's doing it REGARDLESS. What good is letting him figure it out on his own? He's gonna get himself killed clearly. At least this gives him a chance of staying alive.

It's like if you had a son who wanted to be a boxer. You're better off getting him a good trainer than just saying "No, go to school" when you know they're gonna do it anyway.

What's the better option you recommend here? Clearly the "scared straight" approach ain't gonna work.
Sure, you can die or get badly injured in a ring, but it certainly isn't on the level of drug dealing which at the minimum is illegal. But of course you missed the point.

He's 16, and the only reason why he isn't under their control, is because they are both shytty parents, but Tasha just took it up a notch with this.

CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I just can’t with this show anymore but somehow I still do..

As a sidenote has anybody wrapped their heads around how ghost doesn’t have the fbi tracking his every move? His daughter got killed, his fed girlfriend gets killed, he was investigated and locked up for murder, his fukking lawyer gets killed in his own house and somehow he can still walk the streets pack heat and move weight? And still work side by side with the Governor on his campaign?

source.gif

GHOST IS THE MOST WANTED MAN IN NYC...
HE DOES SHOOT OUTS IN BROAD DAYLIGHT AND MEETS WITH JASON
EVERY OTHER DAY.

Ghost finally in full fledge ghost mode, if stays like this from here on out, he'll servive.

1. Finally bossed up on Tariq

2. using that women's husband that tate was sleeping on as a live tool hanging over Tate's head to get what he wants.

3.tried to bring in dre as a replacement distro for Tommy, to finally kill tommy.

4. Teaming up with Tommy to kill in Hope's to get rid of jason

I think ghost will be "On" from here on out

LMAO

GO BACK AND WATCH SEASON ONE.

THIS nikka AINT GHOST.

GHOST USED TO BE A PSYCHOPATH.

That Los Reyes dude from LA looked like the Fed with the tats a few seasons back :ohhh:

NAH THEY LOOK NOTHING ALIKE.

I’m so tired of 007 Dre Bond and supervillain Jason :scust:

:mjgrin: 2 OF MY FAVORITE CHARACTERS.
:devil:
:evil:

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
In reality, in this situation, Tasha is being a better parent than Ghost is. She’s dealing with the reality that her son is a liar and wants the crime lifestyle and is gonna stick with it regardless. Ghost is playing fantasy land thinking he can “change” Tariq the god.
What Ghost needs to do is whoop his ass, I mean thoroughly, start off by gun butting the muthafukka. What he gonna do? call CPS cause his daddy don't want him to push coke?

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
Good one liners this episode:

When Saxe put the ankle monitor on

Ghost asking if the booty was worth it

Dre telling Tariq he get caught too much

Wyte guy spazzin on his wife

:skip:

Also,

When Tommy walked away from Tariq, I felt bad for Tariq for like 5 seconds. He seemed so alone......

Then I remembered he still an ahole and got Proctor murdered.