poot was a b!tch for letting bodie get killed like he did

Thegospel

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bodie, thats my smart ass pawn :mjcry:

Yep, Bodie shot left & right, exactly how a pawn moves on a chess board, Snoop & Chris advance diagonally from opposite sides like a Bishop...then O-Dog walked straight out the alley & turned left much like a Knight moves on a chess board.

The chess scene in season is 1 of the most important scenes in the wire, all who was involved in that scene was killed by their employers/co-workers :to:
I think you reachin a lil hard there. I'll rewatch though

iNad925

Imma let you finish, but WINTER IS COMING
Daps
I completely forgot how Poot earned his stripes after Bodie got got

2nhgp38.jpg

:pachaha:

but forreal, :stopitslime::francis: wtf was he supposed to do when demonic ass Snoop and Chris blastin' at him with O-Dog in the cut

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Did Poot stay at Footlocker or go back to being a corner boy?
The real question is, did the co op still go on?

You see them buying the connect. And if they stuck to the rules, there would be no violence and everyone would be sharing in drugs and territory with no problems

ZEB WALTON

ayo! - BEZ
Daps
Reppin
No Father To MY Style.. A Son Unique
am i the only one who thinks bodies death was the most IMPORTANT death on the wire? that it was the true heart of the show?

bodie was the corner boy just like the kids in season 4 who worked his way up, made the most he could for himself. you rooted for him. even tho he did some devilish shyt, he was basically FORCED to kill wallace or be killed himself, he had to fight for his territory when his team got locked up, he stood in the face of his bosses rival and didnt cower while making his corner popping again.

bodie dying set mcnulty to get off the beat and go back to taking down marlo.

the chess speech and bodies death was powerful television.

poot wasnt a bytch. poot knew there was no way they were making it out of there unless they ran.

bodie gave up. he rather die there then be sacred n end up in a vacant down the line.

rip bodie. i hope poot doing well.

BodieBroadus

You know my name.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D/FW
am i the only one who thinks bodies death was the most IMPORTANT death on the wire? that it was the true heart of the show?

bodie was the corner boy just like the kids in season 4 who worked his way up, made the most he could for himself. you rooted for him. even tho he did some devilish shyt, he was basically FORCED to kill wallace or be killed himself, he had to fight for his territory when his team got locked up, he stood in the face of his bosses rival and didnt cower while making his corner popping again.

bodie dying set mcnulty to get off the beat and go back to taking down marlo.

the chess speech and bodies death was powerful television.

poot wasnt a bytch. poot knew there was no way they were making it out of there unless they ran.

bodie gave up. he rather die there then be sacred n end up in a vacant down the line.

rip bodie. i hope poot doing well.

*rep pending*

tumblr_ntrhwnm36P1qdrcyyo1_250.gif

tumblr_ntrhwnm36P1qdrcyyo2_250.gif

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I just realized how gut wrenching it would have been IF one of our favorite street level characters ended up in the vacant. Imagine Stringer or Omar or Slim or Bodie or Avon or Cutty being walked into the vacant and then being found by Lester or some shyt, half decayed in a tomb with other forgotten remains:mjcry:

The series is known for unceremonious deaths but that would have hurt in my soul to see Chris and Snoop doing Prop Joe that way, instead of cats like fat Andre. It would have been fitting though, no doubt.

Fortunately the street cats I "liked" mostly had clean deaths or endings where they maintained some sort of dignity:whew: (even though Stringer was copping pleas:mjpls:).

Last edited: