Playstations Bungie acquisition is officially complete

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is probably also a good sign for Factions 2 and the other multiplayer they have coming out. As im sure those wouldn’t be near complete without Bungie’s involvement

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
This is probably also a good sign for Factions 2 and the other multiplayer they have coming out. As im sure those wouldn’t be near complete without Bungie’s involvement
:mjlol:

bungie is working on mobile tie-ins right now. and the only reason they got with PS over MS is to NOT get sucked into propping up other projects from major studios.

i can't imagine they're sharing anything on the online aspect beyond community engagement and the most general of consultation. and on the other end they're probably gonna stuff d2 with cosmetics and from the rest of the sony stable since mihoyo is toxic.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
We celebrating acquiring Microsoft's rejects now??

Sony Stans :mjlol:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:mjlol:

bungie is working on mobile tie-ins right now. and the only reason they got with PS over MS is to NOT get sucked into propping up other projects from major studios.

i can't imagine they're sharing anything on the online aspect beyond community engagement and the most general of consultation. and on the other end they're probably gonna stuff d2 with cosmetics and from the rest of the sony stable since mihoyo is toxic.

I don’t get what you mean? Sony specifically bought them to set up their internal service-game division which is what im talking about. I don’t think Factions or the other games would launch until that process is complete. I don’t mean Bungie is going to be sending their staff to work on other games.

PlayStation-Bungie-will-help-create-a-Center-of-Excellence-for.jpg

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
We celebrating acquiring Microsoft's rejects now??

Sony Stans :mjlol:
Infinite literally has less players on Steam right now than Metal Gear Solid V, Maplestory, For Honor, Bleach Brave Souls - 3D Action, Paladins, Outriders, Battlefield 2042, and Farming Simulator 2019

343 won't even be able to sell itself if shyt keeps up. They'll just close up shop.
I don’t get what you mean? Sony specifically bought them to set up their internal service-game division which is what im talking about. I don’t think Factions or the other games would launch until that process is complete. I don’t mean Bungie is going to be sending their staff to work on other games.

PlayStation-Bungie-will-help-create-a-Center-of-Excellence-for.jpg
Bungie helping *SIE* is very different than getting passed out to every studio that misses a deadline. And same those studios aren't beholden to some intangible relationship taking form before meeting their goals either. Contributing to a general framework which can be adapted for other products is something that doesn't require an active, persistent contribution or greater individual investment from Bungie's end.