Playstations Bungie acquisition is officially complete

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Acquiring Square doesn't make that much sense since Square already provides them with exclusives. Also, I think if Square is up for sale it could open door for Tencent or even Netease who have a bigger pocket than Sony.
Yeah they aint finna sell to no Chinese company:dead:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I think Square Enix would rather sell to another Japanese company rather than a Chinese company
Agreed, but you never know what could happen if up for sale and Tencent for example makes an offer they can't refuse. My only fear if Sony acquires them they might not allow them to create their smaller titles like Octopath, triangle strategy, diofield, etc. Plus, I think acquisition could hurt Nintendo since those smaller titles have performed well on Switch

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Agreed, but you never know what could happen if up for sale and Tencent for example makes an offer they can't refuse. My only fear if Sony acquires them they might not allow them to create their smaller titles like Octopath, triangle strategy, diofield, etc. Plus, I think acquisition could hurt Nintendo since those smaller titles have performed well on Switch

I don’t see Sony wanting to horde the smaller titles. Companies don’t buy other big companies to cut off major revenue streams

It may just be a way to permanently lock final fantasy to Sony. I also think they would even expand 14 to more platforms

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don’t see Sony wanting to horde the smaller titles. Companies don’t buy other big companies to cut off major revenue streams

It may just be a way to permanently lock final fantasy to Sony. I also think they would even expand 14 to more platforms
Sony would probably be best company to acquire them if available. I feel if a Chinese company acquires them then they will prob force microtransactions and other trash. Then I don't really trust Microsoft or other major 3rd party publishers to handle them right. Anyways, I am prob derailing thread, so i will stop here

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
If this doesn't lead to an exclusive shooter by Bungie i don't really care. Haven't played Destiny since 1. Good on them helping behind the scenes on live service infrastructure and all that though.