Playstation 5 most likely to release next year?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Not sure what GOT is but those other 2, has the development even started for FF remake? Death Stranding is a bit realistic tho.
FF remake ain't coming any time soon.

They moved the development from an outside studio to themselves. And kingdom hearts 3 has the higher priority. F2f remake isn't coming until after that game

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
2020 is too early to.

They aren't gonna rush hardware just to hit an anniversary.

They did a good job building an install base, now they gotta cash it in. Naughty Dog has only released one game this gen. Only one Gran turismo. Only one game from sucker punch. PS4 has a long way to go.

Just going by the stuff we know they at least stil have TLOU2. Ghosts of whaterverthefukk, and Horizon 2 that needs to come out on PS4. That means earliest PS5 can come is 2021.

Also the technology available won't be a big leap over Pro. For a 2020 launch they'd probably have to lock down the specs in less than a year from now. Using available technology they'd just be able to make a Pro+ not a real "next gen" console.

last gen was incredibly too long. And with the way tech advances, and the way people have shown that they don't care about buying new shyt all the time, 2020 is a pretty safe sweet spot. I
I can see TLOU being the PS4 swan song just like the OG TLOU was for the PS3.

I do agree that it would essentiall be a PS Pro+ though if they try for 2019. If they lock down the final specs down by next year, 2020 isn't a pipe dream.

2020 wouldn't be "rushing"the system either, that's 7 years which is huge in Tech. Companies have shyt mapped out for years as well.

Fall/Holiday 2020 at the earliest, although I prefer 2021.

VR build in would be dope but that 399 sweet spot would be too much for that to be included.

Dev kits aren't a big deal since they are just a souped up @Ciggavelli PC anyway.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
last gen was incredibly too long. And with the way tech advances, and the way people have shown that they don't care about buying new shyt all the time, 2020 is a pretty safe sweet spot. I
I can see TLOU being the PS4 swan song just like the OG TLOU was for the PS3.

I do agree that it would essentiall be a PS Pro+ though if they try for 2019. If they lock down the final specs down by next year, 2020 isn't a pipe dream.

2020 wouldn't be "rushing"the system either, that's 7 years which is huge in Tech. Companies have shyt mapped out for years as well.

Fall/Holiday 2020 at the earliest, although I prefer 2021.

VR build in would be dope but that 399 sweet spot would be too much for that to be included.

Dev kits aren't a big deal since they are just a souped up @Ciggavelli PC anyway.
Last gen was too long which is the reason Pro and X exist.

Games take longer to make. Hardware takes longer to become profitable. Better graphics need exponentially more power.

Everything we know about game tech points to the idea that generations are getting longer, not shorter.

PS3 came out in 2006 PS4 in 2013

7 years would be winter 2020 being the EARLIEST PS5 could come out.

But from what I understand about the industry in the past present and future, this gen will be longer than last. 2022 and beyond don't even sound unreasonable to me based off what we know.

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Games take longer to make. Hardware takes longer to become profitable. Better graphics need exponentially more power.

Everything we know about game tech points to the idea that generations are getting longer, not shorter.

But from what I understand about the industry in the past present and future, this gen will be longer than last. 2022 and beyond don't even sound unreasonable to me based off what we know.

What's sad is I still don't expect 4k60 to be standard next gen :francis:

4k30 will be I bet

Rekkapryde

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

What's sad is I still don't expect 4k60 to be standard next gen :francis:

4k30 will be I bet