Playstation 5 most likely to release next year?

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex

Even though the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X are (relatively) new to the market, rumors are already beginning to circulate regarding next generation consoles from both Sony and Microsoft. Semi-accurate is already discussing specifications and a release date for Sony's upcoming PS5 system, but how accurate are they? From here on out the rumors about future game console hardware are going to circulate more and more. So strap on your seat-belts.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
PS4 Pro just came out didn't it? PS5 seems too soon.

ps9-348x196.jpg

:banderas: getting closer.

I'll definitely cop that just because. That shyt could run MS Office for all I care.

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
2020 is too early to.

They aren't gonna rush hardware just to hit an anniversary.

They did a good job building an install base, now they gotta cash it in. Naughty Dog has only released one game this gen. Only one Gran turismo. Only one game from sucker punch. PS4 has a long way to go.

Just going by the stuff we know they at least stil have TLOU2. Ghosts of whaterverthefukk, and Horizon 2 that needs to come out on PS4. That means earliest PS5 can come is 2021.

Also the technology available won't be a big leap over Pro. For a 2020 launch they'd probably have to lock down the specs in less than a year from now. Using available technology they'd just be able to make a Pro+ not a real "next gen" console.

No way Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is a PS4 game.

WRONG!

Uncharted 4 and Uncharted The Lost Legacy are two different games. UTLL is a full 8-10 hr campaign. TLOU 2 next year will make it three games.

With Days Gone pushed to 2019, I think The Last of Us Part II is early 2020 and then we get PS5 Holiday 2020.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
No way it's not a PS4 game. They spent too much money on that engine not to cash it in 1 more time with 80 million consoles in homes.

Will probably be the big cross-gen PS5 launch game.

yeah, no way it's PS5 only. With the architecture being x86 on the PS4 and their consoles going forward, it's easy to develop for the PS5 and just lessen shyt to have it run on the 4 (which was already great as is).

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
I think it's time to just start allowing people to upgrade their old consoles or choose to buy the latest version of the console that way people who buy late in the gen don't get shafted

obviously they would have to build an upgradeable console first, people can play the games just at different settings based on their hardware and obviously there will be cutoff points where if your like 2 or 3 gens behind new games ain't gonna work without upgrading parts or to new console

that way people can rock a console and upgrade parts after 3 years to say extend the life to a full 6 years even with a newer base console released

shouldn't make it a full on pc but have browser streaming capabilities with apps like a chromebook but nothing that would take away from gaming processing power

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I can see a cross-gen release.
There's no way Sony wastes Horizon Zero Dawn 2 on the just the PS4.
The goal is to make money. PS5 will sale regardless.

PS4 has the install base to make Horizon 2 very profitable.

Knowing Sony they will release it on PS4 and then remaster it for PS5 a year or so later.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A recent online rumor got people buzzing about a possible 2018 release of PlayStation 5, but that’s probably not going to happen. In fact, from what we’ve heard, the next PlayStation is a ways away—it may not arrive until 2020.

It’s been nearly five years since the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One launched, which has triggered bouts of nervousness and excitement among video game fans who want to know when they’ll have to start hoarding pennies for a new generation of consoles. The PS4 launched seven years after the PS3, the Xbox One eight years after the Xbox 360. It’s not unreasonable to be thinking about the next generation. We don’t have a concrete answer just yet, but we have been asking around, and what we’ve heard is a whole lot of uncertainty.

Over the past month, I’ve spoken to dozens of game developers, across a variety of disciplines and studios, about the next generation of consoles. Of those, two people said they were directly familiar with plans for Sony’s new console. Those two people both told me that the next PlayStation is unlikely to release in 2019, let alone 2018, although they were careful to be clear that these plans are always shifting. “On a multi-year project, a lot can happen to shift schedules both forward and backward,” one person said. “At some point, Sony’s probably looked at every possible date. It’s all about what they think is the best sweet spot in terms of hardware.” A surprise move by Microsoft or another competitor, for example, could trigger a change in plans.

Most of the developers I spoke to, via phone and email and text, said they had not heard anything about plans for a new PlayStation. Even employees at Sony’s first-party studios said they have not yet been briefed on the existence of a PlayStation 5. People across all the disciplines (design, art, engineering, etc.) at major studios working on games scheduled for 2019 and beyond have told me that if there is information about the PS5 at their companies, they haven’t heard about it. (Those people said they haven’t heard about a new Xbox, either.)

In summary: There is information about the PlayStation 5 floating around at both first- and third-party companies, but it’s far more limited than it would be if the console’s release was imminent.