Chicago
how-why.gif

Games about to get a whole lot better OP
Not the writing. :mjlol:

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
How were Tommy and Joel uncharacteristically stupid though?
He just saved Abby and he didn’t know her at all. Joe in his “survivor days” with Tess would never. He also introduced himself and gave up his name to a group of strangers. Just careless from peace time I gues

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
He just saved Abby and he didn’t know her at all. Joe in his “survivor days” with Tess would never. He also introduced himself and gave up his name to a group of strangers. Just careless from peace time I gues

He didn’t introduce himself at all. It was tommy that said his name when they were escaping the horde

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Yeah but Tommy introduced him. There was also no point in not saving Abby since she was bringing all the infected where they were holed up during the snow storm. It was the best move they could do and they effectively gained a useful pair of arms to put in work and help them escape.

Plus in the first one, he trusted Sam and Henry who he didn't know neither right after exchanging fists with the oldest, and they got his name in the same fashion 20 secs after meeting him and Ellie.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah but Tommy introduced him. There was also no point in not saving Abby since she was bringing all the infected where they were holed up during the snow storm. It was the best move they could do and they effectively gained a useful pair of arms to put in work and help them escape.

Plus in the first one, he trusted Sam and Henry who he didn't know neither right after exchanging fists with the oldest, and they got his name in the same fashion 20 secs after meeting him and Ellie.

The problem is they make joel out to be a superhero cause one time in the first game he knew that the raiders were setting up a trap for him on the highway. In reality he’s a 65 year old man thats been living in relative peace for the last 4 years and his relationship with ellie turned him soft.

This is the same criticism people had for the Wire when Kenard caught him sleepin

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
He didn’t introduce himself at all. It was tommy that said his name when they were escaping the horde
my bad. thats true. abby knew what it was by the time she got to shelter

still not great that Tommy gave up his name and joel's

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
my bad. thats true. abby knew what it was by the time she got to shelter

still not great that Tommy gave up his name and joel's

If i were to criticize the writing at all I’d say it was overtly convenient for abby to even run into joel in that way, otherwise it would have been impossible for her to kill him and leave in one piece

But tommy or joel calling to one another when running from man eating plant people is not hard to believe at all. It’s the most believable thing that happens the entire game

Also doesn’t make sense for them to leave tommy and ellie alive knowing why they’re there in the first place but again, thats part of the genius of the game.

Them leaving ellie and tommy alive let them believe they were still the good guys. They were just on a mission to kill the guy that killed abbys father and the cure for disease, aka hitler himself. They werent actual murderers just survivors.

The entire game exists in a moral grey zone. If you had played as Abbie from the first game you would 100% understand why they wanted to kill this guy.

Last edited:

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I need that TLOU Prequel of the first couple of years after Sarah dies when Joel is a “I don’t give a fukk no more” Hunter. Leading up to when he meets Tess, Marlene, Bill and Robert.

:feedme:
I think a lot of us has been asking for that for a while. If ND ever did that. You know it’s going to be that crowd who’s the minority but the loudest saying “they only made this DLC to further antagonize Joel to justify Abby killing him. Boycott ND”. I bet they’d still buy it though. Just like the rumored TLOU Remake with TLOU2’s engine. People complaining about it but they know they’re still copping it.