Reppin
Duckburg, NY
anigif_sub-buzz-1338-1529539448-5.gif

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
The ending battle was so satisfying. The payoff and the sense of dread from seeing Ellie come so far just to still be on bullshyt in that moment. Then her finally reaching acceptance, letting sleeping dogs lie and silently reflecting on all that was lost.... they nailed it imo. I was playing that fight like mann let this shyt gooooo. Didn't even wanna hit the buttons. Thats a powerful thing

I said "man I don't wanna do this" out loud when that fight started. A game made you feel how worn out the characters had become after going through all that.

Its a shame some people allowed that leak to ruin the franchise for them. That moment within context of the story hits way harder than if Joel made it to the end of Part 2. Death isn't supposed to be fair and more than likely you won't be ready when it happens to someone in your life. There's nothing realer than that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I said "man I don't wanna do this" out loud when that fight started. A game made you feel how worn out the characters had become after going through all that.

Its a shame some people allowed that leak to ruin the franchise for them. That moment within context of the story hits way harder than if Joel made it to the end of Part 2. Death isn't supposed to be fair and more than likely you won't be ready when it happens. There's nothing realer than that.

I’m glad i avoided all spoilers on that game, same with Ragnarok. Theres really only two game sequels on the face of the planet where knowing spoilers could potentially have a huge negative impact on your enjoyment of it and those two were it.

If someone leaked the plot of spider-man I’d read it like a sunday comic without losing a step in my hype. Even though a playable venom segment being snuck in there might have me spazzing

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I’m glad i avoided all spoilers on that game, same with Ragnarok. Theres really only two game sequels on the face of the planet where knowing spoilers could potentially have a huge negative impact on your enjoyment of it and those two were it.

If someone leaked the plot of spider-man I’d read it like a sunday comic without losing a step in my hype. Even though a playable venom segment being snuck in there might have me spazzing

I got spoiled in twitter replies for LOU2. Just one of those times where you don't realize you fukked up until its too late :mjcry:
Thankfully I arrived in the place I would've had that not happened.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i did a cursory look around at easter eggs for this game and didnt see - did anybody else peep the nod to pokemon in ellie's skill tree?
noticed that shyt right away
i forgot i posed this question here

its the skill in ellies tree called called endure, which lets you survive a hit thats supposed to kill you

thats a pokemon move, same name same effect

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Never realized how invested ppl was with joel and ellie lol thought the story was intriguing. Plus its gritty and realistic sometimes ppl die even the ones you less expect to. They took some risks with the story and the game was better for it. I hate predictability in movies, books or games.

Thank You!!!

Volt

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Rio
The game itself was good. I really appreciate how well the gameplay meshes with the story. The presentation was on point too.

But I ain't gonna lie, the story is dogshyt. :mjlol:

It's not even about Joel dying, people were calling that it would happen somehow as soon as the game was announced despite not knowing how it would go down.

Drunkmann wanted to subvert expectations so badly, he scrambled the story like an egg. Maybe it could've worked better if he stuck to a more standard narrative structure since he wanted to go wild with the plot points.

For those of you that actually replayed the game, how well does the story hold up when you know what's going to happen? :patrice:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The game itself was good. I really appreciate how well the gameplay meshes with the story. The presentation was on point too.

It's not even about Joel dying, people were calling that it would happen somehow as soon as the game was announced despite not knowing how it would go down.

Drunkmann wanted to subvert expectations so badly, he scrambled the story like an egg. Maybe it could've worked better if he stuck to a more standard narrative structure since he wanted to go wild with the plot points.

For those of you that actually replayed the game, how well does the story hold up when you know what's going to happen? :patrice:

Its even better. Just replayed it back to back with part 1, felt like one long game

I found it harder to really enjoy the first time around because I was so tense the whole way through. Knowing what goes down its easier to relax and jsut treat it more like a game. It makes the narrative of part 1 seem almost too simple though

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City

Its a shame some people allowed that leak to ruin the franchise for them. That moment within context of the story hits way harder than if Joel made it to the end of Part 2. Death isn't supposed to be fair and more than likely you won't be ready when it happens to someone in your life. There's nothing realer than that.
It’s the same concept as far as Omar from The Wire being killed by a kid after all the hell he raised for years

Unfortunately gaming, like pro-wrestling has an incredibly immature fanbase that expects fanboy fiction that they can live vicariously through. Man’s daughter died in his arms at the beginning of the first game, a 9 iron to the skull was not the worst thing that happened to him

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It’s the same concept as far as Omar from The Wire being killed by a kid after all the hell he raised for years

Unfortunately gaming, like pro-wrestling has an incredibly immature fanbase that expects fanboy fiction that they can live vicariously through. Man’s daughter died in his arms at the beginning of the first game, a 9 iron to the skull was not the worst thing that happened to him

Unfornately i still run into people that complain about kenard killing Omar so its not limited to game audience, although the latter is much more vocal.

Irony is the backbone of good storytelling, people don’t get that

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Even better, you pick up on all of the subtle details of characters you already know the story for, not to mention all of the enemy chatter that’s referencing things that are happening at the same time that during your first playthrough you know nothing about

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only story concept Iv seen that would’ve actually worked better than what we got was if this game was the third instalment with the second instalment being strictly an Abbie Game/Story