Daps
When I got out the sewer, I closed the game and deleted it :russell:

Has to be the most boring game I played last gen

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
At the courthouse with Ellie, looking for some gas. I think my main problem with this story is how they killed the main character and didn’t even complete his story. There are so many unanswered questions about Joel, from his past to his decision to “save” Ellie.

This is bad writing, imo. I’ll stick with it, but I’m not feeling this so far. I kept myself free of spoilers, but I was well aware of how much criticism this received upon release. Starting to see why so many people disliked it.

:francis:

You’re just letting What you “heard” about the game affect your opinion on it at this point.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Just met Joel as Abby huh?

full
LMAO! I bout spit out my coffee :russ:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
At the courthouse with Ellie, looking for some gas. I think my main problem with this story is how they killed the main character and didn’t even complete his story. There are so many unanswered questions about Joel, from his past to his decision to “save” Ellie.

This is bad writing, imo. I’ll stick with it, but I’m not feeling this so far. I kept myself free of spoilers, but I was well aware of how much criticism this received upon release. Starting to see why so many people disliked it.

Not really bad writing when it fits perfectly with the tone of the story and the themes it sets up.

They can set Joel up with a prequel but I don’t really understand why you need more information than what they give you.

-Joel was an ex-hunter who preyed on civilians
-He’s done deplorable things but has gain a certain level of “wealth” in the post apocalypse and is living relatively good when you get control of him after the prologue
-He associates with other scumbags and had some sort of relationship with Tess
-He and Tommy were cool but they fell out because Tommy disagreed with Joel’s tactics

His decision to save Ellie is pretty much answered in the first game. I actually think Joel dying is the perfect end to his story, especially in context with his actual past. The safety of their new civilization and Joel’s desire to build genuine human connections again has softened him. He’s changed to a better person but his past caught up with him and, in becoming a better person, his survival instincts have dulled.

Daps
Not really bad writing when it fits perfectly with the tone of the story and the themes it sets up.

They can set Joel up with a prequel but I don’t really understand why you need more information than what they give you.

-Joel was an ex-hunter who preyed on civilians
-He’s done deplorable things but has gain a certain level of “wealth” in the post apocalypse and is living relatively good when you get control of him after the prologue
-He associates with other scumbags and had some sort of relationship with Tess
-He and Tommy were cool but they fell out because Tommy disagreed with Joel’s tactics

His decision to save Ellie is pretty much answered in the first game. I actually think Joel dying is the perfect end to his story, especially in context with his actual past. The safety of their new civilization and Joel’s desire to build genuine human connections again has softened him. He’s changed to a better person but his past caught up with him and, in becoming a better person, his survival instincts have dulled.
My only problem was how uncharacteristically stupid Joel and Tommy were but other than that it makes sense
The ending was stupid to me
My first playthrough was unlike anything I experienced before GOTY/GOTG considerations deserved
The 2nd half could have been executed a little bit better because it felt like one big push to get you to like Abby :yeshrug:

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI

All those questions are answered during the game. My biggest problem with the story is how abby's story doesnt get told until later on and by that point you hate her for killing Joel.

Your enjoyment of the game is really gonna depend on your opinion of Abby. I liked her personally, but I understand why most hate her.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
The 2nd half could have been executed a little bit better because it felt like one big push to get you to like Abby :yeshrug:
Facts.

I feel like they should have promoted the game as a new story with Abby as the new protagonist. Start with her story first then have you switch to Ellie in a twist halfway through after the confrontation with Joel.

Daps
Ok, I might not have taken too kindly to how they dispatched of Joel, but the gameplay is :ohhh:

This is tough. I’m at the beginning of the game, searching for Tommy downtown, but ihope it maintains this level of intensity throughout.

Don Homer

Molto Bene
Supporter
Daps
nikkas was acting like Joel was their daddy :dame: plus it was obvious from the initial trailer he was about to get murked.
i guess they thought Dina was the one who was gonna get killed.

Remember that scene in Hillcrest where Ellie meets up with the asian dude whos name escapes me? Ellie sees him and says "what the hell are you doing here?" In trailers, that was originially Joel but they switched it in the game

Either way, people been crying about that as if their dad died. It makes sense why Abby did what she did. Joel's past is way beyond fukked up. Dude was killing innocent people with Tess way before he met ellie

The game is the game :yeshrug:

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
My only problem was how uncharacteristically stupid Joel and Tommy were but other than that it makes sense
The ending was stupid to me
My first playthrough was unlike anything I experienced before GOTY/GOTG considerations deserved
How were Tommy and Joel uncharacteristically stupid though?