Playing The Last Of Us 2 For The First Time

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
never have i ever seen a franchise destroy the legacy of 2 of the most beloved characters in gaming history.

this game broke my heart into a billion pieces. what a fkn joke this was

I can't go that far but a lot of this game was not needed. I needed to pull myself through a few times to finish. I wasn't like that in the first game. This is, admittedly a better game than TLOU1 but it isn't a better experience.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i’m watching the credits now finally. good game, much more fun to play than the first. i never really got that depression feel like the first one, until i saw abby broke down at the end. my only complaint overall is that it dragged on for way too long, just like UC4

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
i’m watching the credits now finally. good game, much more fun to play than the first. i never really got that depression feel like the first one, until i saw abby broke down at the end. my only complaint overall is that it dragged on for way too long, just like UC4

Druckmann has a problem with pacing his games it seems but i didn’t mind with TLOU2 like i did Uncharted 4. I wish tehre was more of it. Which is why im looking forward to Factions. I love the feel and mechanics of TLOU P2

Did you play the part 1 remake?

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Druckmann has a problem with pacing his games it seems but i didn’t mind with TLOU2 like i did Uncharted 4. I wish tehre was more of it. Which is why im looking forward to Factions. I love the feel and mechanics of TLOU P2

Did you play the part 1 remake?
nah once is enough

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
never have i ever seen a franchise destroy the legacy of 2 of the most beloved characters in gaming history.

this game broke my heart into a billion pieces. what a fkn joke this was
This is actually why I respected this game.

Naughty Dog could've franchise tagged Joel and/or Ellie for another 3 games and continued to made bank with predictable plots where they have them make some questionable decisions, but they essentially remain the "good guys".

That is something we see far too often in big budget media.

But they chose to flip their stories on the head in an attempt to further develop the world. It was a story that actually made people feel something.

From my perspective The Last of Us isn't about any characters per se, it's about the bleak conditions of it's world and the mini stories, interactions and ripple effects it creates within this world.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is actually why I respected this game.

Naughty Dog could've franchise tagged Joel and/or Ellie for another 3 games and continued to made bank with predictable plots where they have them make some questionable decisions, but they essentially remain the "good guys".

That is something we see far too often in big budget media.

But they chose to flip their stories on the head in an attempt to further develop the world. It was a story that actually made people feel something.

From my perspective The Last of Us isn't about any characters per se, it's about the bleak conditions of it's world and the mini stories, interactions and ripple effects it creates within this world.

They set the bar high for sequels to me. I’ve never heard people use the term “safe sequel” until after TLOUP2 came out

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Iv never seen a faction of a fan base have such bullshyt flimsy reasons as to why they think a game is bad as I have with TLOU2

All most of them boil down to is they simply didn’t get Joel & Ellie on an adventure part 2 that they feel they were entitled to

“We deserved that”

Shut the fukk up

Last edited:

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
Iv never seen a faction of a fan base have such bullshyt flimsy reasons as to why they think a game is bad as I have with TLOU2

All most of them boil down to is they simply didn’t get Joel & Ellie on an adventure part 2 that they feel they were entitled to

“We deserved that”

Shut the fukk up
i saw that and how people didn’t like playing for so long as abby and all that. like we didn’t already have ellie for a whole game plus half of this one. as far as video games go abby is a much cooler and more memorable character than ellie anyway, to me. if it wasn’t for her immunity ellie would be pretty non-descript

Piffiztheanswer

L'immortale
Daps
Reppin
The International Scene
Never realized how invested ppl was with joel and ellie lol thought the story was intriguing. Plus its gritty and realistic sometimes ppl die even the ones you less expect to. They took some risks with the story and the game was better for it. I hate predictability in movies, books or games.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
The ending battle was so satisfying. The payoff and the sense of dread from seeing Ellie come so far just to still be on bullshyt in that moment. Then her finally reaching acceptance, letting sleeping dogs lie and silently reflecting on all that was lost.... they nailed it imo. I was playing that fight like mann let this shyt gooooo. Didn't even wanna hit the buttons. Thats a powerful thing

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

“We deserved that”

Shut the fukk up

I’m saying, the typical video game audience just ain’t there yet but i slowly see it starting to shift. TLOU2 was ahead of its time with this type of story telling and characterization in gaming and peopel are starting to view other sequels in a lesser light because of how bold naughty dog was with this.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
i did a cursory look around at easter eggs for this game and didnt see - did anybody else peep the nod to pokemon in ellie's skill tree?
noticed that shyt right away