Playing games on easy mode

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
3308587-difficulty.jpg

Its funny because wolfenstein 2 can be pretty damn difficult even on normal settings. I actually considered putting on easy mode. I beat the the first game on uber.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
We fundamentally disagree on the meaning of fun then as I don't feel like all of those things lead to fun at all. Fun is a feeling of enjoyment, and I don't get that from gaming most of the time.
I don't get the distinction. you find enjoyment in the challenge

Don Mack

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Games like Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 weed out the weak gamer and prove that hard games can still sell well. I don't even think games should give you the option for easy mode unless its a game aimed at kids like Mario, Sonic, etc. Sonic Mania is definitely not an easy game though and you can't change the difficulty on that.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
The problem with higher difficulties is that they aren't normally tested. This was a glaring issue with Shadow of War. The Nemesis mode is just ridiculous out the gate. Eventually dudes can adapt to everything, early game. That's not difficulty increase, that's tuning the game mechanic to be skewed toward the enemy. At least in the Arkham games, difficulty meant dealing with special types of enemies early on, as opposed to say enemies who countered everything.

The biggest culprit of this, are the Perfect/Dark sims in Goldeneye for 64. They could open doors while moving backwards, and knew where the player(s) was at all time. shyt was just ridiculous.

This is true. When I used to try to practice my skills in COD (Black Ops I think?) I'd play the multiplayer mode by myself with some bots. The ridiculousness is that on normal it was easy af to dominate. You could be right by enemies and they wouldn't react. So I step it up to hard, and it's so OP that it's ridiculous. Snipers were killing me the second I popped my head out of a window. Higher difficulty levels just need to have smarter AI rather than cheap eneniesl

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Then there are some games that just ain't hard on harder difficulties, they just give you one or ore more of these options on higher difficulty:
  • less hp
  • less dmg to mobs
  • Having you take more damage from mobs
With same ass enemy/boss AI and move set, I might as well play normal/easy.

• Dap
Reactions: PS4

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
shyt if you take a look at video games from 10-20 years ago, their easy level would be like the hard level of some of these games today :russ:

Ah "Nintendo hard"...when games were so broken they needed to give you lives in order to complete them. To be fair, that was just bad development. Zelda for the NES was purposefully made hard. Many developers at the time just had impossible times with programming. Games like Ninja Gaiden really bring back memories.