Playing games on easy mode

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Just beat Horizon ZD on Easy. Had the shyt on Normal up until about 60%. Just couldn’t do it anymore. :snoop: Much more enjoyable and less time-consuming experience.

This will be my method from here out: start on normal then go to easy when the shyt gets frustrating and in the way of experiencing the story.

It’s what we do.

giphy.gif

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I went backwards on this. Years ago, I mainly only cared about the story. Now, I almost always aim for the difficulty that provides the most resistance, with the only recent exception being Cyberpunk 2077.For most open world action adventure/RPG titles, I'm usually playing on the hardest difficulty. Combat is much more enjoyable to me in GoT on Lethal difficulty. The machines always feel like a threat on Ultra Hard in Horizon. Even though I'm cold with the hands, I loblve the feeling of vulnerability I have when playing Spider-Man on the hardest difficulty because I know while I'm good, Peter/Miles are still human and are two or three well placed shots away from dying like every other mortal.

In linear titles, I do pretty much the same. There's no other way to play Alien Isolation than on Nightmare. I will never play TLOU or TLOU2 on anything other than Grounded difficulty due to the nature of the world they're living in. Legit the only games I don't playthrough on the hardest difficulty settings are games that rely heavy on QTE such as Supermassive and Quantum Dream Games, and NBA 2K22 since 2K's idea of increasing a challenge means nerfing the player and boosting the CPU.