Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Aren’t the Suns still paying him? :mjlol:

He had like 2-3 years remaining on his deal when they fired him

Just shy of a hundred million dollars he’ll make sitting on his ass at the crib :dead:
I don't think coaches can double dip like that unless he had it stipulated in his contract

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I think Monty is a bad coach who plays favorites, but I’m convinced he was trying to get fired. He turned down the Pistons then gave them a number so ridiculous he thought they would leave him alone…. but their owner said fukk it and gave it to him.

Now it’s the best of both worlds, you don’t have to coach but you get a 65M golden parachute

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Drop in the bucket for Gores. Worth over 9 billion

Monty was trying to get fired. No way he was that bad of a coach considering his history. Pistons were bad but shouldn’t have been historically bad. He just couldn’t refuse all that money. Hopefully he didn’t fukk with Ivey too much and stunt his development

drifter

Superstar
Daps
He probably wanted to leave anyways :mjlol:
Word is he regretted it the second he accepted and got into town after turning them down the first time

That's a lot of money to eat but there's no way you can bring somebody like that back if true

I like their young players and the guy they've got at GM now, hope the next coach works out better

Dem313wayz

Superstar
Daps
Good nikka didn't want the job. Are roster ain't perfect but no way our record should have been that bad

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Pistons are retarded. They aren't going to be good anytime soon with that roster. I would have kept him on at least 2 more years before even considering firing Monty.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The Pistons are a HORRIBLE organization dating back to when they signed Charlie V. and Ben Gordon as their key free agents and gave them big contracts.

Monty was a complete disaster this past season but with Detroit it starts all the way at the top

pimpineasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also it's crazy how a business can absorb this cost. Assuming that the next coach gets at least $12M. That's an unbudgeted hit to payroll. For a smaller franchise too. I am absolutely fascinated on the finances of NBA teams. Like what does the statements look like.