Photos of 19th century Afro-Brazilian Slavery

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
*in before LEGACY has a meltdown *

If you zoom in to the pic of the shirtless dude working the mine you can see the welts on his back from getting lashes with a whip :sadbron:

TRY GOD

BOTH SIDES.
Daps
Reppin
GOD
More like, in, before some asshat moves the thread to the race track; because some mod is an asshat.

• Dap
Reactions: IVS

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
About 90 percent of slaves bought to the new world went to Brazil. Kind of amazing when you think about it.

I never knew this

I don't know if the 90% is correct. Check this website...interesting info. Play around with the table:

Estimates

Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade

That 90% figure is nowhere near close. At best the number is 50%. And this is just based on my own research but between 1650-1850 40% of all slaves went to brazil, no way it jumped to 90. It's also worth noting more slaves went to Mexico than the US.

I wouldnt say 90% but MOST, yes.

This is why i used to laugh when i would see some people talk about slavery as if african-americans were the only ones that had to endure slavery. And sh!tting on other blacks as if we sold them out so we could chill under coconut trees in the caribbean. That Youtube video someone had posted of that dude talking all that sh!t would be the worst case example ive heard but still think about it. If the guy in the vid thinks that way imagine how many others feel the same way since you know most people don think for themselves anymore.

But in the end all these countries that amassed a lot of wealth on our backs and never had to pay for it really need to pay up. I honestly dont see it happenning but somehow.. someway... something's gotta give for africans and their descendants. If there is a God he should make sure of that.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Im a little ignorant on this subject but why in the fukk didn't we start crackin heads? A huge revolt at that point could have twisted this country the fukk up for the better.
No matter how physically strong you are...Mental is the most important thing.

Parable
A baby elephant was tied, by his hind leg, to a tree w/ a rope. It kept the innocent creature from moving away fro the tree, in essence, he was enslaved. As he kept trying to tug on the rope, he was not strong enough to break it as an infant.

The years went along, going faster than the fall of the Fall leaves...

The elephant stopped trying to pull his hind leg in an attempt to break from the tree.

He is currently a full grown marvel of the animal kingdom. Stronger than 90 % of all living life forms, however, his mental state had already been conquered.

He will no longer pull away from the tree because all he knows is he could never break it. Even though breaking the rope would be effortless for him.

How sad is that? Now apply that parable to the story of Black slaves...

It makes my blood boil.

Daps

This is why i used to laugh when i would see some people talk about slavery as if african-americans were the only ones that had to endure slavery. And sh!tting on other blacks as if we sold them out so we could chill under coconut trees in the caribbean. That Youtube video someone had posted of that dude talking all that sh!t would be the worst case example ive heard but still think about it. If the guy in the vid thinks that way imagine how many others feel the same way since you know most people don think for themselves anymore.

But in the end all these countries that amassed a lot of wealth on our backs and never had to pay for it really need to pay up. I honestly dont see it happenning but somehow.. someway... something's gotta give for africans and their descendants. If there is a God he should make sure of that.
He's done a fantastic job of looking out for us so far. If there's a God it's obvious he doesn't give a fukk about black people.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)

African Americans had the worst brunch of slavery because of he Europeans here were ruthless. Many of the countries in Latin America and Carribean wasn't as strict and violent as America including slavery didn't last that long as here.

Slavery in Jamaica and Hati was probably comparable to America. Jamaica was the rapist slave colony where they use tame black men by raping them constantly and Hati fought back. Slavery as a whole is horrible but America did have it worse.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
African Americans had the worst brunch of slavery because of he Europeans here were ruthless. Many of the countries in Latin America and Carribean wasn't as strict and violent as America including slavery didn't last that long as here.

Slavery in Jamaica and Hati was probably comparable to America. Jamaica was the rapist slave colony where they use tame black men by raping them constantly and Hati fought back. Slavery as a whole is horrible but America did have it worse.
In Haiti, the pregnant wives of slaves used to die from their unborn babies being cut out of their bellies in public just to make an example. That's why Dessalines and Capois were so ruthless to the white women when they captured them.

France was getting their slaves on the cheap so they could afford to kill a few hundreds as an example. In America most small plantation owners would look at their slaves as an investment because theyr werent cheap there and even INSURE their slaves (AETNA insured slaves from mid 1800s) because they couldnt afford to just cap one whenever they please.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
In Haiti, the pregnant wives of slaves used to die from their unborn babies being cut out of their bellies in public just to make an example. That's why Dessalines and Capois were so ruthless to the white women when they captured them.

France was getting their slaves on the cheap so they could afford to kill a few hundreds as an example. In America most small plantation owners would look at their slaves as an investment because theyr werent cheap there and even INSURE their slaves (AETNA insured slaves from mid 1800s) because they couldnt afford to just cap one whenever they please.

Same here. African Americans were stripped of their religion and beliefs where as Latin American and Carribean still have theirs. Shyt Ricans are more African than African Americans.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
No matter how physically strong you are...Mental is the most important thing.

Parable

How sad is that? Now apply that parable to the story of Black slaves...

It makes my blood boil.

there were few revolts that rose up but like harriet tubman said

I freed a thousand slaves I could have freed a thousand more if only they knew they were slaves

John Brown, paul bogle, nat turner, haitian revolution, gaspar yanga, baptist war, st john insurrection

i always say i wish i could have a time machine and go back in time with like 50 special forces type nikkaz :demon:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

you reap what you sow it may not be this generation or next but you do reap what you sow